1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

(You have insufficient privileges to post here)

Discussion in 'XenForo Questions and Support' started by mrchasez, Jan 17, 2012.

1. mrchasez

mrchasez Active Member

I am "Admin" on my forum, i can access the admin panel from my account, however i go to my
    Rules thread, which dont allow members to post there.
    I go to make a thread, and it says "(You have insufficient privileges to post here."
    Why!!

2. Brogan

Brogan XenForo Moderator Staff Member

3. mrchasez

mrchasez Active Member

Ops, yeah i was wrong xC
    How do i add Picture ranks?

4. Brogan

5. mrchasez

mrchasez Active Member

6. mrchasez

mrchasez Active Member

7. mrchasez

mrchasez Active Member

This option is disabled:
    Allow new messages to be posted in this forum

However, Im the Admin.
    I am in a group called, "Owner" i have all permissions, and my secondary group is "Admin"
    However i go to post in that thread, where i should be able to, but members not.
    It says : You have insufficient privileges to post here

My permissions are set up correctly aswell.
    Please help!

8. Divvens

Divvens Well-Known Member

Allow new messages to be posted in this forum
    If disabled, users will not be able to post new messages or edit or delete their own messages. Moderators will still be able to manage the contents of this forum.

If you have disabled new messages even you as an Admin won't be able to start topics/post on threads (as far as I know). For that you would need to go to the particular forum permissions in the admin cp (click 'permissions' in front of the node name in the node tree), you can then see all the user groups and once you click a group you can allow or disallow "post new thread", "post replies", you can set that to revoke for your member groups and allow for your admin group that should get the final output you are looking for.

Hope I was clear :p

9. mrchasez

mrchasez Active Member

Oh Thank you, Good sir!
    Cherrio! xC

10. mrchasez

mrchasez Active Member

Wait!
    That means they cant post anywhere.
    How do i make a thread, Where only i can make topics??
    But members can make topics in other threads

11. Jake Bunce

Jake Bunce XenForo Moderator Staff Member

There are no thread-level permissions. But if you lock a thread then that should have the desired effect. Moderators can still reply to locked threads.

12. Digital Doctor

Digital Doctor Well-Known Member

13. Brogan

Then you have Never set somewhere, either in a group or a node, or both.

14. Brogan

CapnLuffy likes this.
  15. Divvens

Divvens Well-Known Member

Do you mean like an 'announcement' forum where only you can make topics, but users can reply to those topics?

If so, you will need to go into the forum permissions for the announcement forum, uncheck "post new thread" for all groups except the admin group, if it is done ONLY for that particular forum it wont effect the global permissions and will get the result you want.

16. dougiemac

dougiemac Member

@Brogan I've looked high and low where the "Content-Wide" Revoke for this is set and I can not find it in the Node nor the User Group. Any hints or times you can offer? It's maddening!

Screen Shot 2015-08-19 at 12.14.47 AM.png

17. Mike

Mike XenForo Developer Staff Member

Private nodes are implemented with a content-wide revoke.

dougiemac likes this.
  18. dougiemac

dougiemac Member

Thanks Mike. I'll check that out.