1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

XF 1.2 You don't have permission to access /install/ on this server.

Discussion in 'Installation, Upgrade, and Import Support' started by ViciousGnome, Jul 30, 2013.

1. ViciousGnome

ViciousGnome Active Member

Hello, and thank you for trying to assist me.

I have downloaded the 1.2.0 zip file, and uploaded the contents to my directory. I logged into my admin cp with my Super Admin user, and but when I try to perform the upgrade by accessing the install file, I get the following error:

You don't have permission to access /install/ on this server.

What am I doing wrong?

Thanks again for any assistance.

2. Mike

Mike XenForo Developer Staff Member

You could try going to /install/index.php directly. However, it may be a permissions issue - check that you haven't unexpected 0777'd (made world writable) some of the files.
  3. ViciousGnome

I think it is a permissions issue, but the chmod for the install file is 755. Is that incorrect?
  4. Mike

Mike XenForo Developer Staff Member

That should be fine. Check for a .htaccess file in your install/ directory. There shouldn't be one. (If there is, this is an indication of the files being uploaded incorrectly.)
  5. ViciousGnome

Got it working, thanks. The issue was the computer I was using. When I got home and re-uploaded the files, the install went off without a hitch. Thanks again!