"You cannot proceed unless all XenForo database tables are removed"

CBI Web

Installing on my local dev machine, and got this error :(

Error

You cannot proceed unless all XenForo database tables are removed.

Nope, all components were downloaded, installed and configured manually. Apache, MySQL, PHP, etc. My environment passes the requirements test script; everything's a go, except for the above error.

This is my first install since getting my license earlier today. Also forgot to mention my software versions, in case it makes a difference:

PHP 5.2.14
MySQL 5.0.51a
Apache 2.2.16

Strangely, there are tables in the db at this point. In fact, since opening this thread I re-downloaded the beta and started from scratch; including deleting the db and all files from the first install. A brand new fresh install has given me the same error, and 119 tables in the db.

Very true. Go ahead and let it remove the db tables (there aren't any) and move forward.
How do I "let it" remove the tables? There is only the error, with no options to continue or not.

Just dropping in to say I was able to install XF on my remote server with no problems at all. So there must be something in my local config that's stopping the show, but I have no idea what it might be. I'll wait for beta 2 to see how it goes locally, and enjoy playing with it on the remote server in the meantime. :D (so far it's a total joy and breath of fresh air!)

Ahahahaha .. great news ! I finally managed to install it on another system. I did exacty the same thing, but it installed on this system and not the other one .. I cant figure out why..

Anyway the admin cp is so nice and looks sophisticated .... and although I'm not a coder I can tell this is nothing like vBulletin at all. The last of my doubts regarding IB's claims that xenforo is stolen vBulletin are now removed. :)

I have the same error You cannot proceed unless all XenForo database tables are removed.

I installed today the newest 1.1.2 version after several attempts of upgrading from 1.1.1 to 1.1.2 which failed (lucky me forum was empty)
I removed old database and create new with new user. The database before installing was empty for sure, I even create a new folder for the forum, but I still get this error.
The error whike I tried to upgrade was
Rebuilding...

An error occurred or the request was stopped.

then this

Server Error

Mysqli statement execute error : Lock wait timeout exceeded; try restarting transaction
Zend_Db_Statement_Mysqli->_execute() in Zend/Db/Statement.php at line 297
Zend_Db_Statement->execute() in Zend/Db/Adapter/Abstract.php at line 479
Zend_Db_Adapter_Abstract->query() in Zend/Db/Adapter/Abstract.php at line 661
Zend_Db_Adapter_Abstract->delete() in XenForo/Model/AdminNavigation.php at line 597
XenForo_Model_AdminNavigation->deleteAdminNavigationForAddOn() in XenForo/Model/AdminNavigation.php at line 622
XenForo_Model_AdminNavigation->importAdminNavigationAddOnXml() in XenForo/Model/AdminNavigation.php at line 608
XenForo_Model_AdminNavigation->importAdminNavigationDevelopmentXml() in XenForo/CacheRebuilder/ImportMasterData.php at line 35
XenForo_CacheRebuilder_ImportMasterData->rebuild() in XenForo/ControllerHelper/CacheRebuild.php at line 26
XenForo_ControllerHelper_CacheRebuild->rebuildCache() in XenForo/Install/Controller/Upgrade.php at line 232
XenForo_Install_Controller_Upgrade->actionRebuild() in XenForo/FrontController.php at line 310
XenForo_FrontController->dispatch() in XenForo/FrontController.php at line 132
XenForo_FrontController->run() in /var/www/**/data/www/forum.**.ru/install/index.php at line 18

Now I do not know what to do at all..
I mean how to install this 1.1.2 version (not upgrading) if i receive the error. I looked to my ispmgr to this database which I created it is still empty and in config.php there are correct details of this database..

Mysqli statement execute error : Lock wait timeout exceeded; try restarting transaction

That is a MySQL limit.

If you have root access to the server then you can edit the my.cnf file (usually at /etc/my.cnf) to increase the value of innodb_lock_wait_timeout. Increasing that limit should avoid this error. If you don't have root access then you need to ask your host or server person to do this.

Top Bottom