Yay! Another article about XenForo!

DoctorWatsOn

No doubt most people have seen the article on The Register: vBulletin sues ex-devs over 'from scratch' competitor - Forum giant sparks forum mayhem (again).

Here’s another one on Wirefresh by some dodgy geezer called Doctor WatsOn: Forum Board Wars – may the Xen be with you.

vBulletin vs XenForo - The Heavyweight against the new kid in town.

The seeds of a real David –v- Goliath battle of the boards have been sown as a big American corporate giant decides to sue a small British start-up – and the Internet appears to be very angry.....

Feel free to add links to other articles & blog posts about XenForo on this thread.

Actually, the comment was mocking TheRegisters, not the Wirefresh.

I just find it funny that a Wordpress blog did the article better :p.

Cool, I wasn't sure, hence asking, thanks for clearing that up. :)

TBF to The Register, I am somewhat bias in all this, but I still wanted the piece to be accurate, I’ve got to say I was a bit chuffed to be asked to write it after the guy behind Wirefresh spotted a post I had made on another site, unconnected to vB or xF.

Thanks for posting the article link. I enjoyed the read :)
Your article has me thinking a bit about the "root cause" of the whole situation (excluding xF all together). It doesn't matter if you are talking about families, companies, your career, etc. Anything which involves some type of relationship, you must have the ability to manage change. You can not move forward without being able to adapt. In vB's case the writing was on the wall (literally), they made some poor choices that were not in the best interests for their newly acquired company nor their customers IMO. You can only float for so long on your reputation or your purchased reputation (as the case may be ;)). Eventually, there comes a time when you need to step up to the plate and define who you are. I believe I have a pretty good idea now what they are all about.
I apologize for "thread hijacking". I'm Canadian and typically we don't say much about anything, but I feel strongly enough about this situation to make an exception. I've purchased a xF license and I plan to migrate to "KMA's" company and support their future developments...that's how I manage change!

Can I just say... ouch? The fact that Google News picked it up only makes it worse for Internet Brands and all the better for xenForo...

I searched for XenForo, but it's currently right near the top for a news search on 'Internet Brands' too, so I would tend to agree with you.

Top Bottom