1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Yay! Another article about XenForo!

Discussion in 'Off Topic' started by DoctorWatsOn, Oct 6, 2010.

1. DoctorWatsOn

DoctorWatsOn Well-Known Member

No doubt most people have seen the article on The Register: vBulletin sues ex-devs over 'from scratch' competitor - Forum giant sparks forum mayhem (again).

Here’s another one on Wirefresh by some dodgy geezer called Doctor WatsOn: Forum Board Wars – may the Xen be with you.

Feel free to add links to other articles & blog posts about XenForo on this thread.

beduino, tickedon, feldon30 and 8 others like this.
  2. Forsaken

Forsaken Well-Known Member

More accurate then TheRegister :rolleyes:.

3. Joss

Joss Active Member

I think Goliath woke up at the wrong side this morning!

Dragonfly and DoctorWatsOn like this.
  4. DoctorWatsOn

What’s with this comment and rolleyes? :confused:

If you have spotted anything that’s inaccurate please point me to it and I’ll get Wirefresh to correct it. :)

5. Peggy

Peggy Well-Known Member

I think the rolleyes was for the Register article.

6. DoctorWatsOn

Oh, cool, I was worried for a moment.

7. Forsaken

Forsaken Well-Known Member

Actually, the comment was mocking TheRegisters, not the Wirefresh.

I just find it funny that a Wordpress blog did the article better :p.

DoctorWatsOn likes this.
  8. Peggy

Peggy Well-Known Member

Excellent post. ;)

DoctorWatsOn likes this.
  9. DoctorWatsOn

Cool, I wasn't sure, hence asking, thanks for clearing that up. :)

TBF to The Register, I am somewhat bias in all this, but I still wanted the piece to be accurate, I’ve got to say I was a bit chuffed to be asked to write it after the guy behind Wirefresh spotted a post I had made on another site, unconnected to vB or xF.

Forsaken likes this.
  10. Jamie

Jamie Well-Known Member

Well being a Christian I have this underlying feeling to pull for David, the little guy.. Also, in the versions I have read, Goliath didn't wake up.. :)

Jamie

DoctorWatsOn likes this.
  11. DoctorWatsOn

I've just clicked on the article to send a link to someone and spotted this comment:

:cool:

Dan, Peggy, John and 1 other person like this.
  12. John

John Well-Known Member

Well written article Doc, enjoyed reading your thoughts :)

13. Jethro

Jethro Well-Known Member

That's what happens when you get horribly stoned .....

Lock and load, slightly biased http://www.beyondscary.com/?p=220#more-220

14. Anthony Parsons

Anthony Parsons Well-Known Member

I love it... way more accurate than the Register article. Nice job.... now off to read the IPB one.

15. DoctorWatsOn

Chimpie likes this.
  16. Mr_Bob

Mr_Bob Well-Known Member

Great article, thanks for posting!

17. iTuN3r

iTuN3r Well-Known Member

18. Trip

Trip Active Member

Thanks for posting the article link. I enjoyed the read :)
    Your article has me thinking a bit about the "root cause" of the whole situation (excluding xF all together). It doesn't matter if you are talking about families, companies, your career, etc. Anything which involves some type of relationship, you must have the ability to manage change. You can not move forward without being able to adapt. In vB's case the writing was on the wall (literally), they made some poor choices that were not in the best interests for their newly acquired company nor their customers IMO. You can only float for so long on your reputation or your purchased reputation (as the case may be ;)). Eventually, there comes a time when you need to step up to the plate and define who you are. I believe I have a pretty good idea now what they are all about.
    I apologize for "thread hijacking". I'm Canadian and typically we don't say much about anything, but I feel strongly enough about this situation to make an exception. I've purchased a xF license and I plan to migrate to "KMA's" company and support their future developments...that's how I manage change!

19. ManagerJosh

ManagerJosh Well-Known Member

Can I just say... ouch? The fact that Google News picked it up only makes it worse for Internet Brands and all the better for xenForo...

Peggy likes this.
  20. DoctorWatsOn

I searched for XenForo, but it's currently right near the top for a news search on 'Internet Brands' too, so I would tend to agree with you.