1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. This forum has been archived. New threads and replies may not be made. All add-ons/resources that are active should be migrated to the Resource Manager. See this thread for more information.

[XX-Faded] [Member-card.png]

Discussion in 'Graphics [Archive]' started by EQnoble, Dec 9, 2010.

1. EQnoble

EQnoble Well-Known Member

I was just playing with distortions and thought something I was doing would make a good technique to apply to a complete theme. This is the start of it.

Suggestions welcome and thank you for them.

My first draft of the member-card:
    member-card.png
    An example in use...
    capMC.png

A second combination of layers...
    member-card1.png
    and a preview
    capMC2.png
    and just a quick edit to the second...
    member-card2.png
    capMC3.png

Oh well that was fun......

Now to actually design a theme I guess.

2. Floris

Floris Guest

That looks freaking amazing. I have no argument as to why. Just a personal preference that I really like it. :)

EQnoble likes this.
  3. EQnoble

Why thank you kind Sir:) Glad I got your stamp :)

Anything that could be done different, in anyway, personal preference or generally speaking? I'd appreciate the feedback greatly.

4. Floris

Floris Guest

It looks quite "thick" color wise - and personally I don't prefer the layer it lies in (border), but that's a personal preference, a tone update might adjust that to my personal theme - not sure what your overall site theme is where it sits within.

If I don't get your point, please rephrase :)

EQnoble likes this.
  5. EQnoble

Well I'm gearing for a theme that isn't bound to one genre. Something that can be simply modified to allow anyone to use it regardless what the basis of their forum is. I personally am not developing for a specific site as my project will take quite some time and a theme is the last thing I really should be worrying about. So this venture is geared toward what works best for the most amount of people. As you are my only input thus far I will see if I can cater :)

does this match any better?
    member-card.png
    When you say thick are you saying thick as bold colors or thick as in too opaque? Or am I totally off there?

6. Floris

Floris Guest

Thick as in dark color, not matching the style in it's overall tone.

7. EQnoble

You wanna shoot me some #color values, I sure I could whip something up.

In the mean time, is this any closer?
    member-card.png
    member-card.box.png
    This was another test...

8. EQnoble

Hey I re-read this and see that I failed to get your point...you liked the first one but for it to look appropriate on a test for you the hues need a changin.. (this is what my little brain thinks now....)

I was waiting for a response on some css issues and gave a color change a try
    member-card-floris.png member-card-floris3.png member-card-floris2.png

I think I keep failing to match your exact colors there though

9. Michael Dance

Michael Dance Active Member

Bloody Hell i love it to bits ;) well done i love it ;)

EQnoble likes this.
  10. EQnoble

SHPANKX!!! :)

11. Floris

Floris Guest

Great additions. Not sure what else to say. ;)

EQnoble likes this.
  12. EQnoble

Say cheers! I will also happily accept "how do you take your coffee" with a reciprocating motion to a mug :)

13. Floris

Floris Guest

CHEEEEEERS :p

EQnoble likes this.
  14. ddmmh

ddmmh Well-Known Member

I like the glass effect one, that i would consider using. I like the whole transperacy effect and the glass one gives the impression it is.