Browser issue Brave browser blocking member card popups

That behavior appears to be by design. I've recommended this link to my users having the issue:

That behavior appears to be by design. I've recommended this link to my users having the issue:
Yeah Brave blocks pop-ups by design, but I'd argue these XF user card pop-ups are not quite in the same league as what Brave is trying to block. Seems like collateral damage that maybe the devs can look into finding a solution. I'd bet other browsers will be moving over time closer to what Brave is doing.

Brave browser blocking member card popups

I had a similar issue with my adblocker and I disabled the popup. When a member clicks the avatar or username it now opens the full profile.

I kind of like that because it encourages members to fill out more profile content when they see what other members have done.

With the popup you hardly ever get a click trough so most member profiles stay pretty barren.

In case you are wondering, I used this addon to achieve the above...

Screenshot (30).webp

Is this still an issue? I downloaded and installed the latest version for macOS and had no issues displaying member cards.

Is this still an issue? I downloaded and installed the latest version for macOS and had no issues displaying member cards.
Yes, it's in EasyList. https://github.com/easylist/easylist/commit/90e52f62f839

It might be resolved in Brave, but it's still broken for anyone subscribed to EasyList's cookie notice blocking rules (e.g., via uBlock Origin or AdGuard).

Edit: Whoops, that blocks inline mod tools, not member cards. Either way, same issue.

In the end, things like ad-blockers are going to dog site operators forever, I think. We do what we can to avoid being blocked but at some point, all you can do is report the problem to the maker and cross your fingers.

Top Bottom