[XTR] FTSLider - Featured Thread Slider

[XTR] FTSLider - Featured Thread Slider 1.1.7

No permission to download
@XDinc any updates / previews on what's next to come? definitely still interested in some of the future tools mentioned (repository where previous images used can be selected for re-use, additional customizations like font color & the option to use an alternate title instead of the thread title)

Looks like do not works with latest version XF and Themehouse styles.
I have 1 default and 2 TH styles.

styles.webp

XDinc updated [XTR] FTSLider - Featured Thread Slider with a new update entry:

Changelog 1.1.6

Changelog 1.1.5
  • Featured page .less templates has been updated.
Changelog 1.1.6
  • Add-on templates updated to XF 2.2.5+
  • ACP options macro template has been updated.
  • Featured page structure has been updated.
  • PHP 8 compatibility update (Stability and compatibility with the newly released PHP 8)
  • Added new page options.
Note: Please do not install or upgrade the add-on, if you are using lower than XF 2.2.4+.
This version...

Read the rest of this update entry...

I'm sure when I bought this it was clear how to find the download.

Now I have no idea how to find the update. Some clue would be useful please for those of us that only speak or understand English (and a tiny bit of Welsh)

Last edited:
Now I have no idae how to find the update.
Click the download button/link in the top right (header) of the Resource Item's page.
If the download button isn't clickable/orange, then make sure you site license validation token is active via /account/xenforo-license

Could really do with some help here.

I installed it as per any other add-on.

I've enabled permissions as follows:

Administrators
Moderate featured threads slider
Submit featured threads promotion

Registered
View featured threads page
View featured threads slider

I've created a widget
Definition: [XTR] Featured Thread Slider
Widget Key: featured_thread_slider

In options, I have selected the node we want as 'featured'

However, I can't get the slider to appear anywhere.

I am receiving a Server Error Log of: "Template public:forum_list error: No widget defined with a widget_key of XD_FTSlider_widget"

However, my widget definition is "[XTR] Featured Thread Slider"

Any help would be much appreciated.

What am I getting wrong?

Last edited:
Could really do with some help here.

I installed it as per any other add-on.

I've enabled permissions as follows:

Administrators
Moderate featured threads slider
Submit featured threads promotion

Registered
View featured threads page
View featured threads slider

I've created a widget
Definition: [XTR] Featured Thread Slider
Widget Key: featured_thread_slider

In options, I have selected the node we want as 'featured'

However, I can't get the slider to appear anywhere.

I am receiving a Server Error Log of: "Template public:forum_list error: No widget defined with a widget_key of XD_FTSlider_widget"

However, my widget definition is "[XTR] Featured Thread Slider"

Any help would be much appreciated.

What am I getting wrong?
Did you change the Widget key name?

Have re-named it, but still no luck in getting it to display on the site.
You have the "View featured threads slider" permission enabled for the admin usergroup? I see above that you said you have it enabled for Registered, but that won't allow you to see it if you are not also in the Registered group.

Well, if you're the owner/admin, you never had to register. Anyway, assuming that you are also in the Registered group, OR you have the permission enabled for the administrative group or whatever group you're in, then I'm not sure.

Go to yourdomain.com/admin.php?options/groups/FTSlider_Options to make sure everything is set correctly there. I have mine set to "Forum list: Above nodes," works fine.

It's mad, I've got mine set to ""Forum list: Above nodes," as well.

I've checked through everything I can think of, but must be missing something fundamental.

Yeah, sorry, not sure what to tell you at this point. Maybe check to see that you don't have two widgets with different names, and that you have the correct key in the key field that's below the display options in the addon settings.

Maybe Im having one of those moments, but I can't figure out how to feature or un-feature threads on our site. We installed the add-on about 2 months ago and have 6 featured threads. We are trying to create a way for users to submit threads to be featured that have to be approved by the admins. I've looked in moderator tools, thread tools, everywhere. How do we feature and unfeature threads?

The action menu is the upper right of the thread? That's what I thought too but it doesn't show there or the moderator menu. I've checked permissions too.

EDIT: Nevermind, figured it out. Sure enough, it was a moment. Had to select all nodes from the options menu to show.

Last edited by a moderator:
@XDinc any updates / previews on what's next to come? definitely still interested in some of the future tools mentioned (repository where previous images used can be selected for re-use, additional customizations like font color & the option to use an alternate title instead of the thread title)
@XDinc thoughts? repository of images used & option to use alternate title are the 2 things holding me back ;?

Top Bottom