XR Product Manager

XR Product Manager [Paid] 2.0.2

No permission to buy (£30.00)

Chris D

XenForo developer
Staff member
Chris D submitted a new resource:

XR Product Manager - Sell digital products and manage optional extras and renewals all within XenForo

XR Product Manager is a fully featured product/license manager add-on for XenForo which will allow you to sell products to your members.

Since XF2, payments can be made using any of the payment providers, including PayPal, Stripe and Braintree.

Adding Products

When creating a product, you can add the following details:
  • A category for the product
  • A title
  • A version string
  • Product details (rich text editor)
  • Product tag line
  • An array of main features
  • Upload...

Read more about this resource...

@Chris D

I am certainly going to watch this one. I am considering selling ebooks on an ebook platform, this could work also as I could sell them directly, or they could be published on the platform or both, will just have to see how this works out in the future, so far, it looks very promising.

Does it work to sell physical products, or just software products? Because when I upgrade my site to XF2, I want to sell stickers and stuff with my site logo.

Last edited:
Chris D updated XR Product Manager with a new update entry:

XR Product Manager 2.0.0 Beta 4 released and money off coupon for renewals!

Thank you to everyone who has downloaded XR PM 2.0 so far. As a way to thank everyone who is willing to renew early to help out testing the new version, please use the following coupon which is valid until April 10th and gives you 20% off renewals:

XRPMBETARENEW20
This version includes the following changes:
  • Fix an error when adding extras to a product.
  • Rename a bunch of master data IDs for consistency.
  • Re-implement version download logging and expose download log via...

Read the rest of this update entry...

Looks great Chris.

It looks like there's no buy now CTA though on either the product index or the product itself for logged out users.

I feel there should really be one there to initiate the purchasing process for a visitor to the site, that way they don't have to go hunting for a buy button before figuring out that perhaps they have to register first.

Looks good! Took a look through the screenshots but couldn't tell, does it have any sort of statistics/reporting? I think this was one of the biggest key things missing from the XF1 version :)

Looks good! Took a look through the screenshots but couldn't tell, does it have any sort of statistics/reporting? I think this was one of the biggest key things missing from the XF1 version :)

The really biggest thing missing was EU tax handling. ;)

No, not yet.

If you pop a suggestion over at https://xr-dev.io that would be appreciated. Give me an idea roughly of what stats you want, whether you think it would fit into default XF stats system etc.

The really biggest thing missing was EU tax handling. ;)
Well, any tax handling at all, but, yes.

It's going to remain missing, unfortunately, at least for the initial release. It's something we're aware of (XF) so there's a hope there that support for such things will make it into the core at some point.

Chris D updated XR Product Manager with a new update entry:

Mostly bug fixes

Again, thank you to everyone who has upgraded to the 2.0.0 Beta in order to help test and provide feedback, it has been valuable.

Now is probably a good time to remind you (in case you've not seen the previous updates) what is new in 2.0:
Chris D said:
  • Slight name change and new add-on ID: XR/PM
  • Categorise products with product categories (existing products moved to a default category).
  • New per-category permissions system.
  • All admin related product management tools moved to the Admin CP.
  • Integration with XF2's new purchasable and payment provider system.
  • Simplified checkout process which no longer uses a shopping cart system.
  • Product thumbnails as a dedicated attachment type.
  • Product thumbnail size is configurable in options.
  • Product optional extras can now be purchased any time.
  • More granular control over what coupons can be applied to e.g. specific (and multiple) extras and multiple products.
  • Fairly extensive purchase searching in the Admin CP.
  • Custom product fields.
  • Ability to control notifications sent out when releasing a new version, allowing a combination of sending alerts/emails to purchasers.
  • Ability to post product updates into a specified forum.
Also worth remembering that there is a coupon valid until April 10th that will give you 20% off renewal:

XRPMBETARENEW20

Worth noting that even if your purchase isn't already expired, you can renew early, if you wish, and an additional year will be added onto the end of your existing expiry date, so now is a good chance to save money on future renewals!

Here's the changes in this version:
  • Display appropriate message when a data list is empty in the Admin CP.
  • Use proper thumbnail function in data lists in the Admin CP.
  • Prevent errors when viewing the purchase list in the Admin CP when the associated product no longer exists.
  • Prevent error when deleting products.
  • Unregistered users, if they have the "Purchase products" permission, will now see the "Buy" buttons but be prompted to register.
  • Fix a JS error if user has no permission to use coupons.
  • Fix an error in the legacy product_callback.php file.
  • Ensure the last_update field in the product table is updated when a new supported version is released.

This looks great.
Is it possible to search a license by the URL of the website using the license?

Top Bottom