XPress - A theme and bridge for bringing WordPress into XenForo [Deleted]

@Mike Creuzer it's all setup now! thank you! my site looks like a dream, well more of a management dream for software dev: https://plexguide.com - It's clean and simple and gets to the point. It's a great xenporta replacement (which was a good start, best if not experienced with wordpress). Honestly, I make videos; maybe overkill; but a simple video of install and etc may help (just a recommendation) because there's a lot of anxiety going with this.

1532924005510.webp

I have a new question:

I am using the following settings:
- WordPress login: Single sign-on
- Article comment display mode: XenForo thread

When a logged in XenForo user posts a comment on a WP-post, I have to approve the comment.

Is it possible to let XenForo users post comments without approving them, but not logged in users comments must be approved?

Last edited:
now the errors begin

Code:
ErrorException: [E_WARNING] in_array() expects parameter 2 to be array, null given in src/addons/ThemeHouse/XPress/XF/Repository/Widget.php at line 71
XF::handlePhpError()
in_array() in src/addons/ThemeHouse/XPress/XF/Repository/Widget.php at line 71
ThemeHouse\XPress\XF\Repository\Widget->refreshXPressWidgets() in src/addons/ThemeHouse/XPress/XF/Repository/Widget.php at line 28
ThemeHouse\XPress\XF\Repository\Widget->findWidgetDefinitionsForList() in src/XF/Repository/Widget.php at line 72
XF\Repository\Widget->getWidgetDefinitionTitlePairs() in src/XF/Admin/Controller/Widget.php at line 75
XF\Admin\Controller\Widget->actionAdd() in src/XF/Mvc/Dispatcher.php at line 249
XF\Mvc\Dispatcher->dispatchClass() in src/XF/Mvc/Dispatcher.php at line 88
XF\Mvc\Dispatcher->dispatchLoop() in src/XF/Mvc/Dispatcher.php at line 41
XF\Mvc\Dispatcher->run() in src/XF/App.php at line 1931
XF\App->run() in src/XF.php at line 328
XF::runApp() in admin.php at line 13

How do I change the meta info for the WordPress home page? I have tried in WordPress, but the title doesnt change from "Home".

Is there a way to have a custom page be the front page of the site? The Xpress Wordpress theme forces a page to show Wordpress posts. I want to use a custom static page in Wordpress. This works fine using the Xpress plugin and any non-XPress Wordpress theme, but then I lose the Xenforo look and feel.

I heard back from TH on my ticket related to this issue. If you delete front-page.php from your Xpress theme in Wordpress it works fine. In my case the file is located in /public/wp-content/themes/wp-xpress-theme

[...]Is it possible to let XenForo users post comments without approving them, but not logged in users comments must be approved?

Not with XPress. That's stock WP doing that. There might be a WP plugin that can get that to work.

now the errors begin

We have that issue addressed for the next update already. You can work around it for now by drag&dropping a Widget in the WordPress widget setup into the XenForo configuration sidebar slot.

I heard back from TH on my ticket related to this issue. If you delete front-page.php from your Xpress theme in Wordpress it works fine. In my case the file is located in /public/wp-content/themes/wp-xpress-theme
We're addressing that issue for the next update in general, so you don't end up having to re-delete the file with every future update. For now that's a valid workaround to get it working.

We have that issue addressed for the next update already. You can work around it for now by drag&dropping a Widget in the WordPress widget setup into the XenForo configuration sidebar slot.

That error was coming directly from xenforo admin when trying to add widgets in xenforo. I could not do anything until I renabled xpress as the default theme

That error was coming directly from xenforo admin when trying to add widgets in xenforo. I could not do anything until I renabled xpress as the default theme
Hence I suggested a workaround in the WordPress dashboard, not the XF ACP. :confused:

I guess I am losing you here. How can I add a xenforo widget in WP (to add to a xenforo page) when the widget does not exsist in WP?
You add the XenForo widget to the WordPress configuration widget position in your XenForo dashboard. After that it will be available for selection in the WordPress XPress widget.

When are we able to expect the next update? I read it should be released by the end of last week?
Don't have any specific ETA for now. I'm not aware that we stated a release date of last week anywhere. If someone did, that has likely been based on misinformation, apologies in that case.

You add the XenForo widget to the WordPress configuration widget position in your XenForo dashboard. After that it will be available for selection in the WordPress XPress widget.

We are talking in circles...I can NOT access the xenforo widget dashboard

We are talking in circles...I can NOT access the xenforo widget dashboard
You keep confusing the XenForo Admin Control Panel with the WordPress Dashboard, the latter one being the place I kept pointing out to go to to fix the issue.

You keep confusing the XenForo Admin Control Panel with the WordPress Dashboard, the latter one being the place I kept pointing out to go to to fix the issue.

Will try for the final time...

I CAN NOT remove or even add XENFORO widgets IN XENFORO. I do not care about the Wordpress dashboard nor am I talking about wordpress.

I CAN NOT remove or even add XENFORO widgets IN XENFORO. I do not care about the Wordpress dashboard nor am I talking about wordpress.
Please go back and read my posts throughly, I very well understood your problem. You head to your WordPress dashboard, drop a widget into the XenForo widget configuration slot, save that widget, and then your XenForo Widgets page will work again, it's that simple.

Please go back and read my posts throughly, I very well understood your problem. You head to your WordPress dashboard, drop a widget into the XenForo widget configuration slot, save that widget, and then your XenForo Widgets page will work again, it's that simple.
That explanation was a little clearer.. lol

Top Bottom