XPress - A theme and bridge for bringing WordPress into XenForo [Deleted]

Add New widget throws bunch of errors in XF once XPRESS is installed.

You might have to check what widgets you have from WP that could break it. I have widgets on both back and forth and have 0 issues; but keep the amount of widgets down from the wordpress side.

You might have to check what widgets you have from WP that could break it. I have widgets on both back and forth and have 0 issues; but keep the amount of widgets down from the wordpress side.
If this can help

• ErrorException: [E_WARNING] in_array() expects parameter 2 to be array, null given
  • src/addons/ThemeHouse/XPress/XF/Repository/Widget.php:71

Stack trace
#0 [internal function]: XF::handlePhpError(2, '[E_WARNING] in_...', '/home/dlifein1/...', 71, Array)
#1 src/addons/ThemeHouse/XPress/XF/Repository/Widget.php(71): in_array('pages-1', NULL)
#2 src/addons/ThemeHouse/XPress/XF/Repository/Widget.php(28): ThemeHouse\XPress\XF\Repository\Widget->refreshXPressWidgets(Array, NULL)
#3 src/XF/Repository/Widget.php(72): ThemeHouse\XPress\XF\Repository\Widget->findWidgetDefinitionsForList(true)
#4 src/XF/Admin/Controller/Widget.php(75): XF\Repository\Widget->getWidgetDefinitionTitlePairs(true)
#5 src/XF/Mvc/Dispatcher.php(249): XF\Admin\Controller\Widget->actionAdd(Object(XF\Mvc\ParameterBag))
#6 src/XF/Mvc/Dispatcher.php(88): XF\Mvc\Dispatcher->dispatchClass('XF:Widget', 'Add', 'json', Object(XF\Mvc\ParameterBag), 'widgets', Object(XF\Admin\Controller\Widget), NULL)
#7 src/XF/Mvc/Dispatcher.php(41): XF\Mvc\Dispatcher->dispatchLoop(Object(XF\Mvc\RouteMatch))
#8 src/XF/App.php(1931): XF\Mvc\Dispatcher->run()
#9 src/XF.php(328): XF\App->run()
#10 admin.php(13): XF::runApp('XF\\Admin\\App')
#11 {main}

Request state
array(4) {
["url"] => string(152) "/admin.php?widgets/add&_xfRequestUri=%2Fadmin.php%3Fwidgets%2F&_xfWithData=1&_xfToken=1533416907%2C77d11e8dc7e408d3e6a8ad1f1afdf91d&_xfResponseType=json"
["referrer"] => string(46) "https://www.forums.dlife.in/admin.php?widgets/"
["_GET"] => array(5) {
["widgets/add"] => string(0) ""
["_xfRequestUri"] => string(19) "/admin.php?widgets/"
["_xfWithData"] => string(1) "1"
["_xfToken"] => string(43) "1533416907,77d11e8dc7e408d3e6a8ad1f1afdf91d"
["_xfResponseType"] => string(4) "json"
}
["_POST"] => array(0) {
}
}

Sorry for repeating my question, anyone know how to make an article as featured so it displays different than normal articles?

@Lukas W.
Doesn't work. Should I give access to WP admin area over ticket?
Even SSO doesn't work and have a ticket open for this -- #11462

I have disabled and remove XPress from my forum. It is not quite what I had hoped for.

My first reason to install Xpress: a replacement for XF1 add-on"xenblog" in XF2. In XF1 my forum-users are enable to create a blog.
Now i am going to try something else, so i have re-install XPress.
A few weeks ago i have merge some small forums into a new forum: masterforum.nl. Now i want to create some pages on one of the old small forums: flauwepeer.nl. That is a Dutch faint humor site.
Both domains are on the same server, so it's easy to bridge.

One problem for now:
On masterforum i'am logged in as admin.
On flauwepeer i'am logged out. The buttons "Log in" and "register" don't work. Is this a cookie-issue? How to solve this?

Sorry for repeating my question, anyone know how to make an article as featured so it displays different than normal articles?
You simply tag it with "featured".

@Lukas W.
Doesn't work. Should I give access to WP admin area over ticket?
Even SSO doesn't work and have a ticket open for this -- #11462
Please do so.

One problem for now:
On masterforum i'am logged in as admin.
On flauwepeer i'am logged out. The buttons "Log in" and "register" don't work. Is this a cookie-issue? How to solve this?
Cross-Domain is not supported. Your WP instance calls to the XF server from a different domain, hence no cookies are transmitted with the request. Also, depending on your server configuration, your server may not pass on resources such as images, fonts or scripts to your WordPress domain.

You simply tag it with "featured".

Please do so.

Cross-Domain is not supported. Your WP instance calls to the XF server from a different domain, hence no cookies are transmitted with the request. Also, depending on your server configuration, your server may not pass on resources such as images, fonts or scripts to your WordPress domain.
Will Cross-Domain be a thing eventually? It could be interesting if I ever do buy another forum/XF license.

That's not a task that's up to us or within our scope. Most of the setup required has to be done at your server configuration level, so it's nothing we can just ship out to everyone.

That's not a task that's up to us or within our scope. Most of the setup required has to be done at your server configuration level, so it's nothing we can just ship out to everyone.

Lukas, there a few recommendations that I have for kind of like helpful plugin list, basic but helpful.

1533522229415.webp
Installing this allows a user to take any post and redirect to whatever page i need it to. in the case below
1533522279994.webp
In this case, I don't need an article; I need redirect to a fixed page. The above plugin solves that. It works, it's free and all the user has to do is type in the new page and will redirect

--------
1533522373733.webp
This one is dead simple and free. We all know WP is a security nightmare, so this program blocks many things most users will never access using xenforo. It does not conflict with WP or Xpress. Works and stops security hacks (because xenforo contains alot of info!)

---------
1533522457083.webp
Free and does what it does. Good because size adjust without conflict

Hope this helps!

Lukas, there a few recommendations that I have for kind of like helpful plugin list, basic but helpful.

View attachment 181080
Installing this allows a user to take any post and redirect to whatever page i need it to. in the case below
View attachment 181081
In this case, I don't need an article; I need redirect to a fixed page. The above plugin solves that. It works, it's free and all the user has to do is type in the new page and will redirect

--------
View attachment 181082
This one is dead simple and free. We all know WP is a security nightmare, so this program blocks many things most users will never access using xenforo. It does not conflict with WP or Xpress. Works and stops security hacks (because xenforo contains alot of info!)

---------
View attachment 181083
Free and does what it does. Good because size adjust without conflict
B
Thanks for this share. Great idea :)

ThemeHouse updated XPress - A theme and bridge for bringing WordPress into XenForo with a new update entry:

Version 1.0.0 Patch Level 2 Release

Bugs Fixed:
  • Fixed an issue with template modifications for missing or malformatted mods
  • Fixed an issue that caused importers from not being listed in the importer list
  • Fixed an issue that caused the administrative user bar drop-down to cut off
  • Fixed an issue that caused create_function to be deprecated

Read the rest of this update entry...

ThemeHouse updated XPress - A theme and bridge for bringing WordPress into XenForo with a new update entry:

Version 1.0.0 Patch Level 3 Release

Bug Fixes:
  • WordPress admin bar dropdowns are no longer overlapped by the XenForo navigation.
  • Resolved an error that would prevent comments from guests being posted if comment sync was on.
  • Resolved an error that would prevent the subnavigation cache from being refreshed on category edit.
  • Resolved an `Undefined Index: Style` error.
  • WordPress registration now correctly forwards to XenForo registration if SSO is turned on.
  • WordPress login does now correctly...

Read the rest of this update entry...

Updated but still seeing the issue where I cannot update widgets. When I disable the Xpress plugin, I'm able to update widgets. Here's an example of what it looks like:

1533574798279.webp

As soon as that one is resolved, I'm going full time with this tool!

Trying this out first time. A few gotchas that should be documented more clearly like DO Not save your wp plugin config before XF configuration and do not activate you xpress wp theme again before xf configuration or you will lose access to wp entirely.

Otherwise it mostly works so good job. I have 6 open tickets now of course :)

Updated but still seeing the issue where I cannot update widgets. When I disable the Xpress plugin, I'm able to update widgets. Here's an example of what it looks like:

View attachment 181114

As soon as that one is resolved, I'm going full time with this tool!

This happened to me too. Keeps clocking with a 403 error without a mentioned resource. Workaround in my case was to use a different browser or go incognito.

Top Bottom