XPress - A theme and bridge for bringing WordPress into XenForo [Deleted]

I got the Tactical theme from ThemeHouse, it’s the default theme, and it applied on both XF and WP.

I believe it has to be a Xenforo theme. Wordpress doesn’t have the proper hooks or something for XenForo to pull theme info from WordPress.

I have not tried ThemeHouse's Tactical theme. In terms of WP features, I suspect it will be no different to XPress?

The following are examples of WP themes: https://themeforest.net/category/wordpress/blog-magazine?sort=sales

Is there a way to have a custom page be the front page of the site? The Xpress Wordpress theme forces a page to show Wordpress posts. I want to use a custom static page in Wordpress. This works fine using the Xpress plugin and any non-XPress Wordpress theme, but then I lose the Xenforo look and feel.

Is there a way to have a custom page be the front page of the site? The Xpress Wordpress theme forces a page to show Wordpress posts. I want to use a custom static page in Wordpress. This works fine using the Xpress plugin and any non-XPress Wordpress theme, but then I lose the Xenforo look and feel.
Yes. Look in the documentation.

If that doesn't help, create a ticket.

I'm on mobile for a while.

You do know that xpress syncs other themes between WP and XF right? You can set another theme as your primary theme, and it works between XF and WP.

You do know that xpress syncs other themes between WP and XF right? You can set another theme as your primary theme, and it works between XF and WP.

?? Please explain...

Of course I can select another primary theme in wordpress, but then you lose all functionality of things like the header/footer and widgets.

Also, I would like this application to not modify the Xenforo 1st post when saving the associated Wordpress post. I want to edit the title or body of the Wordpress post, but not necessarily the Xenforo thread/post.

Yes, I am trying to use the Divi Builder. I would like to build a custom static front page. The page works fine until I set it as the home page under "Reading Settings" in Wordpress.
Divi can cause issues with things like this, from what I understand. Even Gutenberg, the new editor for I think WP 5.0, has issues with Xpress at the moment.

Although, Elementor seems to have less issues, but I’m still trying it out.

Divi can cause issues with things like this, from what I understand

This also does not work when I do not use Divi. It appears Xpress was designed for posts <---> threads, but not for static Wordpress pages. Does anyone have Wordpress pages working okay?

This also does not work when I do not use Divi. It appears Xpress was designed for posts <---> threads, but not for static Wordpress pages. Does anyone have Wordpress pages working okay?
WordPress pages will be fine. You will just need to manually add to navigation.

I still get error

Code:
#0 [internal function]: XF::handlePhpError(1024, '[E_USER_NOTICE]...', '/vhosts/gamesbo...', 4048, Array)
#1 portal/wp-includes/functions.php(4048): trigger_error('Funkcja get_the...')
#2 portal/wp-includes/author-template.php(27): _deprecated_argument('get_the_author', '2.1.0')
#3 portal/wp-content/themes/wp-xpress-theme/template-parts/post/content.php(62): get_the_author(3)
#4 portal/wp-includes/template.php(690): require('/vhosts/gamesbo...')
#5 portal/wp-includes/template.php(647): load_template('/vhosts/gamesbo...', false)
#6 portal/wp-includes/general-template.php(155): locate_template(Array, true, false)
#7 portal/wp-content/themes/wp-xpress-theme/single.php(44): get_template_part('template-parts/...', '')
#8 portal/wp-includes/template-loader.php(74): include('/vhosts/gamesbo...')
#9 portal/wp-blog-header.php(19): require_once('/vhosts/gamesbo...')
#10 portal/index.php(17): require('/vhosts/gamesbo...')
#11 {main}

WordPress pages will be fine. You will just need to manually add to navigation.

I am fine with the navigation. My issue is the page does not show up when the page is set to the Wordpress homepage. I see the blog posts, not the Wordpress page. The page is fine if it's not set as the Wordpress homepage.

1532906664256.webp
How do I get the homepage to highlight the "Home" button? So then all the other pages also show as the sub-nav of Home, rather than Blog?

I want that page (/home/ via wordpress, set to the proper settings so it actually shows at root URL) to have the "Home" tab selected. No dropdown on Blog, except for the categories that show via xpress. @CoZmicShReddeR

Top Bottom