XPress - A theme and bridge for bringing WordPress into XenForo [Deleted]

Question, will Xenforo updates mess with xpress at all? Say the 2.0.9 released today.
2.0.9 was actually released on Tuesday, and contains no template changes. Regardless of that, upgrading shouldn't cause any issues -- outdated XF templates won't happen on an add-on upgrade. 2.0.8 and 2.0.9 were both security updates so I would definitely recommend upgrading to 2.0.9 as soon as possible.

@gforce I'm trying to get widgets to show on the Wordpress Pages end, but I can't seem to get them to show. Know how?

This is covered in our documentation

It has been added in, thanks again! ;)

Odd ball question. So in the view that shows the posts in columns of 2, is it possible to have them go left to right / right to left; cant remember how xenporta does. It goes from top to bottom, then shift right and goes top the bottom. looks somewhat confusing; get the idea.

2.0.9 was actually released on Tuesday, and contains no template changes. Regardless of that, upgrading shouldn't cause any issues -- outdated XF templates won't happen on an add-on upgrade. 2.0.8 and 2.0.9 were both security updates so I would definitely recommend upgrading to 2.0.9 as soon as possible.

This is covered in our documentation
I tried adding them in (5 widgets) but they are just showing the 'loading' spinner forever. It's been 2 minutes and they haven't been saved yet.

Using WP theme for WP install as idea is top keep themes separate and use XXPRESS only as SSO and no more for the tme being.
Here's an observation:

wp-login.php?action=register redirects to - /login/ url on XF2
ideally, it should redirect to /register/

/wp-login.php shows wp-login interface. Ideally that link should redirect to /login/ url of XF2

Do these qualify as Bugs?

my 2 cents......

pros...

Seamless integration.

Cons.....

The theme really looks amateurish and cheap. The theme design is embarrassingly lacking in features.

What is really needed....

honestly, all I want is the ability to use the xenforo header/footer in my current theme.

Side note.. The post page is also extremely lacking in design. If I am forced to use the express theme (which I know I am not) , I would rather it link directly to a forum post then to see the post page.

Don't believe we've had any compatibility reports based on that add-on but if you experience any issues please report them on our issue tracker here: https://github.com/Audentio/xpress-issues

Thank you for your reply, @Dalton Prock.

Has anyone anyone else had an issues with using Page Builder plugins with the XPress theme?

my 2 cents......

pros...

Seamless integration.

Cons.....

The theme really looks amateurish and cheap. The theme design is embarrassingly lacking in features.

honestly, all I want is the ability to use the xenforo header/footer in my current theme.

Side note.. The post page is also extremely lacking in design. If I am forced to use the express theme (which I know I am not) , I would rather it link directly to a forum post then to see the post page.

I have to unfortunately agree with your opinion on the theme. The current version of the theme is preventing me from using the addon.

my 2 cents......

pros...

Seamless integration.

Cons.....

You do know that xpress syncs other themes between WP and XF right? You can set another theme as your primary theme, and it works between XF and WP.

Thank you for your reply, @Dalton Prock.

Has anyone anyone else had an issues with using Page Builder plugins with the XPress theme?

I have to unfortunately agree with your opinion on the theme. The current version of the theme is preventing me from using the addon.
You do know that xpress syncs other themes between WP and XF right? You can set another theme as your primary theme, and it works between XF and WP.

When you say other themes; are you referring to WP themes or xenForo themes?

When you say other themes; are you referring to WP themes or xenForo themes?
I got the Tactical theme from ThemeHouse, it’s the default theme, and it applied on both XF and WP.

I believe it has to be a Xenforo theme. Wordpress doesn’t have the proper hooks or something for XenForo to pull theme info from WordPress.

Top Bottom