[XI] License Validation

[XI] License Validation 1.0.3

No permission to download

Jeremy

in memoriam 1991-2020
King Kovifor submitted a new resource:

[XI] License Validation - Automatic XenForo License Verification

Description
This simple add-on will automatically verify user's license status via XenForo's License API. Once validated, it adds the user to a configurable secondary group where additional privileges can be added.
View attachment 46325
Installation
  1. Upload files in the ZIP
  2. Install add-on XML
  3. Set options found in User Options
Options
This add-on comes with 2 options:
  • Secondary User Group...

Read more about this resource...

Mama Mia. :D

Jokery aside, Excellent resource and as usual excellent work KK. :)
Thanks. (y) Jokery always helps me not hate myself after stupid idiotic mistakes. lol. But there's gonna be an update tomorrow because I noticed something and I don't like the way it works (doesn't always redirect/refresh) so I'm gonna change it. Too tired now tho.

Thank you King, good job (y)

Notes
This add-on does not store any validation codes or reverify down the line. It may come in a future update depending on how many users request it.
I would be very interested. One option that shows people having a license would be appreciated :)

Thank you King, good job (y)

I would be very interested. One option that shows people having a license would be appreciated :)
Since I'm assuming you would be using this for XenFrench, I would say its "doable" at this point in time. Since it adds them to an additional user group you can accomplish it via simple template edits to check to see if a user is in a specific group (the specified "Validated Group" in the options).

I'll take note of it, but there's other features that I'd find more useful to code in before it since its doable with the current system.

Since I'm assuming you would be using this for XenFrench, I would say its "doable" at this point in time. Since it adds them to an additional user group you can accomplish it via simple template edits to check to see if a user is in a specific group (the specified "Validated Group" in the options).

I'll take note of it, but there's other features that I'd find more useful to code in before it since its doable with the current system.
Yes, it's for XenFrench ;)

I will wait the updated :)

But if a user gives his token and domain name has another member, to change group and thus by-pass the system?

But if a user gives his token and domain name has another member, to change group and thus by-pass the system?
I'm sorry, but I'm not sure what you are asking? Unless we store the token and verify that it is unique, any automated system is going to be able to be bypassed in the manner of someone sharing their information.

King Kovifor updated [XI] License Validation with a new update entry:

Maintenance Release: v1.0.1

This release addresses two issues:
  1. Users couldn't re-validate if manually removed from the validated user group. If the system is submitted, it will remove the validation upgrade and reapply it if proper validation happens.
  2. Make the success more clear by changing the "Your changes have been saved." message on success to "You are now a validated XenForo license holder."
This update also adds a small disclaimer stating that license information is notstored.

Read the rest of this update entry...

Installed. lol And just to prove that. *shakes fist at King kovifor*

Jokery aside, excellent work looking forward to future options (which we discussed) :)

validation.webp

(fixed that for you)
More waiting is required. But honestly, I have a site launching on Thursday that has been taking up weekends + nights. :(

The fact that it's on your todo list (i'm assuming) I think this one is more than worth the wait.

I'll need to create a new usergroup and shuffle some settings in an existing one. *ponders on how to go about this*

Top Bottom