Resource icon

[XI] Help Manager 1.0.1

No permission to download

Jeremy

in memoriam 1991-2020
Jeremy submitted a new resource:

[XI] Help Manager - Help! I need somebody!

[XI] Help Manager is a simple add-on, but it allows administrators the ability to expand the help section with no PHP programming knowledge.

Its simplicity lies in the auto-generation of everything an administrator needs to be their page including:
  • Route
  • PHP Code to display it
  • Link within the help section
  • Page template
  • Title Phrase
I'll let the screenshots explain the rest:
View attachment 63569
View attachment 63568
View attachment 63566...

Read more about this resource...

Just installed and seems to be working fine on my local machine. I'd really like a few additions -
  1. My main 'Help' index does not list the extra page that I've created.
  2. I'd love to gain control over existing help pages - ability to edit / delete them. This will help us properly organise the help pages.
  3. Ability to control the display order.
Do you have plans to add these features?

The display order is an option already.

If I do anything with existing pages, it would just be a disable, not actually deleting.

I'm not sure what you mean by your first point.

I'd love to gain control over existing help pages - ability to edit / delete them. This will help us properly organise the help pages

This is completed to an extent. Editing won't be supported (all it is phrases and or template edits), but this will ship with beta 2:
Screen Shot 2013-12-24 at 12.21.13 AM.webp
IE, if you have a custom style that actually modifies these pages, they won't work. But enable them all and everything except the cookies page can be removed (that was added to comply with EU laws, so I'm not making it easy to remove. ;)).

The display order is an option already.

If I do anything with existing pages, it would just be a disable, not actually deleting.

I'm not sure what you mean by your first point.
1. I was referring to screenshot #5. While I'm on the help-page Index; the new entry appears in the left-column (at the bottom), but not in the right-column.

2. I think the order of the new pages begins at the bottom of existing help pages. Can I have my custom page displayed as the first entry in the help list?

3. I think it's okay to let the existing pages as they are. But I'd love to display them below my high-priority help pages.

1. I noticed that, but probably won't add it until I add in a description field.
2. Currently, no. They are displayed at the bottom of the list. I might change this in the future (ie, 1.1+).

@Jeremy
Only a small bug, I hope :)
Code:
Parse error: syntax error, unexpected '[' in library/XI/HelpManager/Model/Page.php on line 28

Weird. What PHP Version are you running? (I probably mixed up language syntax).

However, being Christmas, I won't be able to fix it until tomorrow. If you post that line and a few surrounding it, I can probably tell you the fix.

The installation file of beta 2 has no class and method to install and uninstall.

See the code:
Code:
<addon addon_id="XIHelpManager" title="[XI] Help Manager" version_string="1.0.0 Beta 2" version_id="100032" url="" install_callback_class="" install_callback_method="" uninstall_callback_class="" uninstall_callback_method="">

Is this correct??

Top Bottom