Resource icon

[XI] Help Manager 1.0.1

No permission to download
I feel a bit stupid here but I can't seem to get this working. :(
No problem installing it and I was able to create a new page I think. Well, the link for it shows up in the left side of the help section but nothing on the right side and nothing when it's clicked on.

Is this supposed to write an actual template and a phrase? I didn't see anything new added to the templates or phrases when I did a few test pages. I don't see how to add content to the actual page either.

The screen shots aren't really showing me how to do all of this. Maybe a good text example/walk through?

I really like what this add on is supposed to do and if I can figure out how to use it, I can put it to good use as I want to add an FAQ to my forum and this would be perfect for it.

Thanks,

Bob

Ok, after looking again I see it that does create a template named page_2 and a phrase named page_2.

My only problem is it's not showing up in the help section. The link is there on the left side but nothing on the right side and nothing when clicked on.

Here's what my help looks like. (new page is called test)

Clipboard01.webp

It currently only adds to the left. See my previous post in this thread. What is the display when you click on it? What version do you have installed?

Well after a few more unsucessful tries, I decided to uninstall and reinstall it. That did the trick because it's working now!

Better go write that FAQ now. :)

Bug:
1 > Create new help pages
2 > Fill in all fields, Save
3 > Open the newly created page
4 > Change route
5 > Pages Title change to xi_helpmanager_id and Template HTML will be empty.

Then on title, you cannot change it anymore cause of this error:
upload_2013-12-30_21-56-10.webp

Solution is, delete the page and create another one.

@RoldanLT,

I'm unable to replicate this. I'm able to edit the pages several times in a row, changing the route, title, and template.

What is the link in your browser when you click on a page to edit it?

@Jeremy for some reason whenever I try to modify the help_wrapper template by putting in custom icons, the extra help pages disappear? This happens no matter the modification from default help_wrapper template. Anyway around this?

It appears when anything is added to the terms and rules list item the new help pages disappear. I wanted to add some font awesome icons, but even add something like test it even make the new ones not display. Adding icons or text to the other li elements does not cause a problem, only the terms and rules list item.

Broken:
<!-- slot: pre_tos_url -->
<xen:if is="{$tosUrl}">
<li><a href="{$tosUrl}" class="{xen:if "{$selected} == 'terms'", 'secondaryContent', 'primaryContent'}"><i class="fa fa-legal fa-lg fa-fw"></i>{xen:phrase terms_and_rules}</a></li>
</xen:if>
</xen:hook>
</ul>
</li>
</ul>
</div>

Broken:
<!-- slot: pre_tos_url -->
<xen:if is="{$tosUrl}">
<li><a href="{$tosUrl}" class="{xen:if "{$selected} == 'terms'", 'secondaryContent', 'primaryContent'}">Testing{xen:phrase terms_and_rules}</a></li>
</xen:if>
</xen:hook>
</ul>
</li>
</ul>
</div>

Since this add-on came in extremely useful for a recent project I had, I've solidified a feature set I plan on developing for 1.1:
  • Navigation Tab (option)
    • Option(s) to display default items within sub-menu
    • Individually configure each page to show within the navigation sub-menu, and its position
  • Page Descriptions
  • Help Page Index display (ordering dependent on link ordering)
  • Display order
    • Individually configure to display at the top of the list or after any of the items.
  • Limited page display: Each individual page will allow either all guests to view it, or only show the page to users within specific groups.

Top Bottom