[XI] Blog [Paid] [Deleted]

@DRE it does seem to have permissions:

View attachment 53551
Thanks. I do see those and have been able to set them. The problem is that they aren't actually working. When I view it as a guest whenever the entry or blog is "Members Only" it doesn't work. As a guest, I can still view the blogs. When I log into a different account to check if it is actually "People You Follow Only" it does not work. I have done no alterations to the blog and I turned off addons that I thought may interfere with XI Blogs and that doesn't solve the problem either.

Thanks. I do see those and have been able to set them. The problem is that they aren't actually working. When I view it as a guest whenever the entry or blog is "Members Only" it doesn't work. As a guest, I can still view the blogs. When I log into a different account to check if it is actually "People You Follow Only" it does not work. I have done no alterations to the blog and I turned off addons that I thought may interfere with XI Blogs and that doesn't solve the problem either.

I guess @Onimua would have to look into this. Though for guest you can use the user group permission to prevent them to view blogs. I'll try to reproduce this once I'm done tweaking my import.

@King Kovifor I just deleted it and it worked. Thanks.

I guess @Onimua would have to look into this. Though for guest you can use the user group permission to prevent them to view blogs. I'll try to reproduce this once I'm done tweaking my import.

@King Kovifor I just deleted it and it worked. Thanks.
Did you try my troubleshooting steps though? Is it working for you? I'm just trying to find out if it's the blog itself or if it's my site acting wonky.

Did you try my troubleshooting steps though? Is it working for you? I'm just trying to find out if it's the blog itself or if it's my site acting wonky.

Just checked it, it is working fine for me. If I click "Members Only" then only when you're a member you can view it, guest can't.

Just checked it, it is working fine for me. If I click "Members Only" then only when you're a member you can view it, guest can't.
I re-uploaded the blog and the blog core and this feature now works.

The other option "People Who Follow You Can Only View" also works.

What does not work is the "People You Follow Only"

Have you gotten that blog privacy option to work?

How to remove the fade effect of blogs that are unread? I'd rather it just look normal.
You mean read? It's in xi_blog_general_list.css. I believe you can just remove this portion:
Code:
.xiBlog .generalListBlock.memberBlog .avatar img
{
    opacity: 0.5;
    filter: alpha(opacity='50');
}
I re-uploaded the blog and the blog core and this feature now works.

The other option "People Who Follow You Can Only View" also works.

What does not work is the "People You Follow Only"

Have you gotten that blog privacy option to work?
I'll re-look into this, but I've tested the privacy options thoroughly unless something changed in 1.2 that somehow affected this (if that's the version you're running). If you can reproduce the same issue on a clean installation on a test site, file a bug report.

Reactions: DRE
@DRE: Please post your bug reports over at the XI site in the proper forums. Thank you.
http://xenfluence.com/threads/people-you-follow-only-permission-on-xf-1-2.226/
You mean read? It's in xi_blog_general_list.css. I believe you can just remove this portion:
Code:
.xiBlog .generalListBlock.memberBlog .avatar img
{
    opacity: 0.5;
    filter: alpha(opacity='50');
}

I'll re-look into this, but I've tested the privacy options thoroughly unless something changed in 1.2 that somehow affected this (if that's the version you're running). If you can reproduce the same issue on a clean installation on a test site, file a bug report.
Thanks. Will try it now.

People You Follow Only Not Working in Xenforo 1.2
http://xenfluence.com/threads/people-you-follow-only-permission-on-xf-1-2.226/

Not sure if this is a bug due to Xenforo 1.2 or it just isn't coded in.

http://xenfluence.com/threads/cant-change-entry-permissions.227/

As far as I am aware, there is an issue with setting your blog as private except for followers in 1.2, but other than that, no issues have been reported that I am aware.

RSS Does Not Work
http://xenfluence.com/threads/rss-does-not-work.228/

Screen%20Shot%202013-08-16%20at%207.04.21%20PM.png

Onimua, this is BRILLIANT! I've been trying to find a CMS and I can't believe nobody has pointed me to this. I'm super impressed and this does pretty much everything I need it to do!

I've been playing with the demo and I love it (thanks for setting that up). My only question is this: I can't see a way to edit existing blog entries to change the category or the blog to which they are assigned. Is that possible?

Getting the following error when someone tries to create a new post:

Mysqli prepare error: Table 'mysite.xf_xi_blog_member_blog_shared' doesn't exist

Please advice?

Joaquin

Onimua, this is BRILLIANT! I've been trying to find a CMS and I can't believe nobody has pointed me to this. I'm super impressed and this does pretty much everything I need it to do!

I've been playing with the demo and I love it (thanks for setting that up). My only question is this: I can't see a way to edit existing blog entries to change the category or the blog to which they are assigned. Is that possible?
It's been definitely noted as something that should be there.
Is there any idea yet of how far away a stable release might be?
I dislike giving dates at the moment because I can very well overshoot them. The blog is relatively stable despite a few bugs that aren't necessarily site-breaking, but obviously I do want it to be 100% bug-free. I'm the only developer working right now so there's been a larger amount of things to do.
Getting the following error when someone tries to create a new post:

Mysqli prepare error: Table 'mysite.xf_xi_blog_member_blog_shared' doesn't exist

Please advice?

Joaquin
Was this a new installation or upgrade? I do recommend posting here so this thread doesn't get flooded.
Well its 9-3-13 any idea when the major upgrade is going to be?

Greg
See the reply above. I am working as quick as possible despite private issues I'd rather not discuss openly. :)

Top Bottom