[XI] Blog [Paid] [Deleted]

Hate to keep asking this, but is there any real news on this addon? It's been some time since an update was posted and I've not seen @Onimua post in quite some time. Just curious as to the next steps to development, planned features and bug fix releases?

Thanks for your time.

I haven't heard from Onimua in ~3 weeks, and he's ignored my texts. Given that he is very behind on a deadline for a custom add-on owed to Azzid, and the fact that he's ignoring me I think he's just jumped ship and isn't going to be active any longer.

Whether or not he does come back, I'm having nothing more to do with him because he put me in a position of having to deal with the fall out here, and with a client and friend of mine.

The fact it took you 3 weeks to reply to John pretty much says it all.
It took three weeks because I had hoped that Onimua wouldn't leave me to take responsibility for his mess, and then I was busy working with Azzid due to him being left without the work he had paid for.

That is sad news. While, I'm sure I can survive with the current release and simply apply bug fixes myself, there are many who don't have the resources I have. If we do find time to fix a few key bugs I will see what I can post. Unfortunately I cannot release the whole package because I have no way of determining who is a valid client and who is not. I will see what I can do.

Could someone list off the most pressing bugs? Please do not ask me to add new features, I will not.

It took three weeks because I had hoped that Onimua wouldn't leave me to take responsibility for his mess, and then I was busy working with Azzid due to him being left without the work he had paid for.

It's not like it's just been the last few months where progress/communication has been awful, it's been over a year of missed deadlines and excuses.

You probably don't deserve all the flack for it or be left to pick up the pieces on your own though :-(

That is sad news. While, I'm sure I can survive with the current release and simply apply bug fixes myself, there are many who don't have the resources I have. If we do find time to fix a few key bugs I will see what I can post. Unfortunately I cannot release the whole package because I have no way of determining who is a valid client and who is not. I will see what I can do.

Could someone list off the most pressing bugs? Please do not ask me to add new features, I will not.

They should be on XenFluence, but I'll check my chat logs with Onimua as well to see if there were any that weren't reported there.

It's not like it's just been the last few months where progress/communication has been awful, it's been over a year of missed deadlines and excuses.

You probably don't deserve all the flack for it or be left to pick up the pieces on your own though :-(

I would have preferred to be as communicative as possible (I'm much more communicative with my customers on Xenique for example), but I could only follow what Onimua wanted. I tried to get him to release more information a number of times, but his preference is to hold off information until you're close to a release.

There's Better Blogs if that is a viable blog solution for you.
Ah, I see Rigels message now. I am using that and was looking for an alternative as his addon seemed deserted until some time next year. His site is overrun with spam. Rigel was doing a good job with updates every week until that stopped in early October. It was unclear when he would return next year, but apparently that will be January 2014.

Ah, I see Rigels message now. I am using that and was looking for an alternative as his addon seemed deserted until some time next year. His site is overrun with spam. Rigel was doing a good job with updates every week until that stopped in early October. It was unclear when he would return next year, but apparently that will be January 2014.

Ah I wasn't aware he was away till january. Understandable though since it is the run up to xmas and I know from several weeks ago he was actively developing but i don't think there is anything to worry about since his track record has shown he actively develops his products.

Hello folks, we have a few fixes for you. Keep in mind this is a ONE-TIME deal, we will not be maintaining this addon at all or doing any support. Use this at your own risk. Backup your database before making the SQL queries we have given to you. We are not responsible for ANYTHING this may break.

What bugs does this fix:
  • Permissions issues reported.
  • Funky error message about the character limit ({count}).
What about the RSS bug?
Sorry, no can do. In order to fix that bad boy, we would need to completely redo the RSS functionality originally created and we have no time to do this. We also have our own addons to support and new addons to complete :).

Recommendation: Remove the RSS button via CSS by hiding it.

How to install?
  • Upload the files in the "upload" folder in the zip file attached. Make sure you have XI Blog 1.1.0 BETA 4 already installed!
  • Run the following SQL query from whatever SQL admin system you use:
    Code:
    ALTER TABLE `xf_xi_blog_entry` MODIFY `entry_privacy_level` ENUM('everyone','members','followed','followers','friends');

ALTER TABLE `xf_xi_blog_entry` ALTER COLUMN `entry_privacy_level` DROP DEFAULT;
*Note: The zip file contains ONLY the modified files, it does not have all of the files from the original download. We have no way of determining who is an active license holder.

How do I fix the bug where the breadcrumbs aren't showing "Forums" as the lead? (XenPorta)

• Open up the file: XI/Blog/CodeEvent/Listener.php
  • Comment out lines 178 - 186
  • Save file and upload.
This created more bugs than fixed...
I would recommend you load your backed up SQL database for XenForo and reupload the original XI Blog addon. Sorry, we cannot support this any more.

Attachments

It's a shame this plugin died :(
Honestly, if someone wanted to make a new blog add-on I still have all of the mockups and all of the project planning I had done for this.

I'm still trying to get someone to update it for my personal use because the other blog add-on just doesn't offer the functionality I need.

Top Bottom