[XI] Blog [Paid] [Deleted]

I thought it basically didn't follow permissions? That's a pretty big bug and pretty site-breaking if it's the case (though I never saw you give a response to Dre).

To be honest, whilst I'd love this to be a key part of our site I'm very wary as it seems the update cycle is so long. When a new version of XF comes out, it seems like we'd be stuck waiting 6 months for this to be updated which is a massive shame as I assume it's currently preventing other developers from working on a decent blog product.

I thought it basically didn't follow permissions? That's a pretty big bug and pretty site-breaking if it's the case (though I never saw you give a response to Dre).

To be honest, whilst I'd love this to be a key part of our site I'm very wary as it seems the update cycle is so long. When a new version of XF comes out, it seems like we'd be stuck waiting 6 months for this to be updated which is a massive shame as I assume it's currently preventing other developers from working on a decent blog product.
There was an update released shortly after 1.2 to make sure it worked with it.

He reported the bug on our site, which I did confirm. It's a bug relating to a specific privacy setting for the entry, but it doesn't actually break anything (there's no visible errors of any kind).

As Forsaken mentioned, there was a release to be compatible with XF 1.2 which fixed the only site-breaking bug there was and that was actually related to the way usernames are updated in tables when they are changed.

I think the only thing I have an issue with is the RSS feeds not working. It's a broken link which is problematic. I would have expected a quick fix for that at this point.

After I installed this I went to the import External Data and came to this error:

Server Error
Trying to load a non-registered importer.

1. XenForo_Model_Import->getImporterName() in XenForo/ControllerAdmin/Import.php at line 23
  2. XenForo_ControllerAdmin_Import->actionIndex() in XenForo/FrontController.php at line 337
  3. XenForo_FrontController->dispatch() in XenForo/FrontController.php at line 134
  4. XenForo_FrontController->run() in /home/electro/public_html/admin.php at line 13

Anyone know anything about it? Just to confirm, xiblog does have an importer right?

I think the only thing I have an issue with is the RSS feeds not working. It's a broken link which is problematic. I would have expected a quick fix for that at this point.
The thing with the RSS feed is that I've gotten it to work, but then it doesn't work. We haven't been able to track down the issue because theoretically the code should work fine.

After I installed this I went to the import External Data and came to this error:

Anyone know anything about it? Just to confirm, xiblog does have an importer right?
The only importer currently is for LN Blog. Other importers will be coming soon.

I'm not sure if this has been asked already but is this responsive?

The demo isn't but then it's running an old version of XF still.

I'm not sure if this has been asked already but is this responsive?

The demo isn't but then it's running an old version of XF still.
It's not yet responsive because the templates need to get a full overhaul (major rewriting of certain areas) so that it can be.

Originally we were going to do things so that we used code for what they were meant for, but it requires rewriting a lot of things that should have been made more general purpose on XenForo (discussionList etc).

Any idea when these might be done?

It's not really usable until it's responsive. If that's weeks then great, if it's likely to be months then we'd probably need to look elsewhere.

Hi!

I would need some help uninstalling XI blog. I would like to do it from phpmyadmin, because i can't do it from xenforo. These are the errors I get right now:

Zend_Db_Statement_Mysqli_Exception: Mysqli statement execute error : Field 'blog_author_bio' doesn't have a default value - library/Zend/Db/Statement/Mysqli.php:214

#0 /home/biirds/public_html/library/Zend/Db/Statement.php(297): Zend_Db_Statement_Mysqli->_execute(Array)
#1 /home/biirds/public_html/library/Zend/Db/Adapter/Abstract.php(479): Zend_Db_Statement->execute(Array)
#2 /home/biirds/public_html/library/Zend/Db/Adapter/Abstract.php(574): Zend_Db_Adapter_Abstract->query('INSERT INTO `xf...', Array)
#3 /home/biirds/public_html/library/XenForo/DataWriter.php(1612): Zend_Db_Adapter_Abstract->insert('xf_user_profile', Array)
#4 /home/biirds/public_html/library/XenForo/DataWriter.php(1601): XenForo_DataWriter->_insert()
#5 /home/biirds/public_html/library/XenForo/DataWriter.php(1393): XenForo_DataWriter->_save()
#6 /home/biirds/public_html/library/XenForo/ControllerPublic/Register.php(679): XenForo_DataWriter->save()
#7 /home/biirds/public_html/library/XenForo/FrontController.php(337): XenForo_ControllerPublic_Register->actionFacebookRegister()
#8 /home/biirds/public_html/library/XenForo/FrontController.php(134): XenForo_FrontController->dispatch(Object(XenForo_RouteMatch))
#9 /home/biirds/public_html/index.php(13): XenForo_FrontController->run()
#10 {main}

So very close now? It will have been 4 mths since the previous update, and 3 mths since you advised imports and responsive are coming.
I can't remember whether or not Onimua said importers will make it this version or one of the next ones.

So very close now? It will have been 4 mths since the previous update, and 3 mths since you advised imports and responsive are coming.
There's been some problems with the new category system (it's being re-done from scratch) so it's going to be delayed a bit.

It's still expected to come out soon however.

well there goes that.

I came from flaky core developers on IPS to flaky mod developers on xF. Can't seem to catch a break.

well there goes that.

I came from flaky core developers on IPS to flaky mod developers on xF. Can't seem to catch a break.

The upcoming update is large (as large, if not larger than the beta 2 update). Templates are being re-done to be responsive and will re-use XenForo code rather than our own (was causing some customization issues). The category system is being completely done from scratch and will be much more expansive.

There will also be more integration with XF to hopefully drive more traffic to blogs, and a lot of groundwork is being laid for integration with future add-ons, including the portal that was previously mentioned several pages back.

OK, well I hope it works out but I've heard that all before.

You have to admit though... that sure is a lot of "upcoming", "are being", "is being" and "will be" for a release you said was "less than a month" away, over a month ago.

Good luck and I'll check back from time to time.

Top Bottom