xfShop [Deleted]

Status
Not open for further replies.
just curious but will we be able to disable the function for allowing members to have their own shops?
or maybe the ability to assign it to a specific user group, example: members could pay for a "shop keeper" membership ?

at first I was hesitant about that feature but I am starting to see that it has lots of possibilities

I am really interested in members being able to buy (using points) access to new groups, as the groups would have different permissions made available. For instance members could buy access to a "blog" group which has access to blog functionality (if you have installed the blog addon). Or a "photo" group to post images to their own gallery, etc. So members who want to use certain functionality can do so. Definitely lots of possibilities!

(y)

At this time no but I'm not against adding the feature.

No you only pay $20 yearly to continue receiving support and updates.

Yes all features will have an enable/disable option, I can base per usergroup but right now I want to get the feature out there then add usergroup support for it.

Not a bad idea for the blog and image gallery.

At this time no but I'm not against adding the feature.

No you only pay $20 yearly to continue receiving support and updates.
A big part of us buying myShop is going to be the ability to change currency.

So $45USD now and then in 12 months $20USD to get continued updates?

if its bug fixes and security patches/etc, i think it should be free however if it offers new features beyond a previous (not just additional addons for existing features) then a small fee to upgrade is something I can live with.

Example if the myshop adds in a new version the ability to charge users for viewing movies or something, the a small fee for the upgrade is reasonable.

*** >> Maybe additional functions should be sub-addons (modules/plugins for myShop) that people can purchase seperately and yet still receive bug fixes and so on, for their already purchased version of myShop.

so buy myShop and get free updates (aka bug fixes and patches)
pay for addons (aka modules/plugins)

If I sold a xen addon, that's what I'd do.

This way users could also develop plugins for it, which creates more interest in your product.

(y)

Yes, in the end MyShop is looking at major release versions of 2.0, 2.5, 3.0, 3.5, 4.0, 4.5, etc. I'm aiming to be within 3.0 before 6 months is up.

if its bug fixes and security patches/etc, i think it should be free however if it offers new features beyond a previous (not just additional addons for existing features) then a small fee to upgrade is something I can live with.

Example if the myshop adds in a new version the ability to charge users for viewing movies or something, the a small fee for the upgrade is reasonable.

*** >> Maybe additional functions should be sub-addons (modules/plugins for myShop) that people can purchase seperately and yet still receive bug fixes and so on, for their already purchased version of myShop.

so buy myShop and get free updates (aka bug fixes and patches)
pay for addons (aka modules/plugins)

If I sold a xen addon, that's what I'd do.

This way users could also develop plugins for it, which creates more interest in your product.

(y)
In my case that won't work considering I'm anticipating at least 3 major version releases in 2012 alone, as mentioned above, aiming for 6 month mark to have 3.0 out. If it comes down to the point where I don't release major versions but once a year then I would just make it $45 to buy a license followed by free for life but at this point I'm still weighing my options. Right now MyShop has a small handful of users which means until I get up to say 50 paying users then and only then would I look at going free for life updates.

When its ready? Honestly not this week, I am in the process of packing and moving this whole week. So no new releases until after I move.
Fair enough. Sorry to sound pushy. I'm doing this project with a partner and they are pushing for all the details :(

Fair enough. Sorry to sound pushy. I'm doing this project with a partner and they are pushing for all the details :(
I understand, I want to release 2.0.0 this week but I can't say for sure that is happening until I'm sure we're done packing.

My computer is now getting shut down, packed up and I won't be back online until May 29th, but I will check the site on my cell from time to time.

Ok updated my site, now updating this, move completed, unpacked, new desk bought since old one was broken during move. I have decided instead of using the built in import system that comes with XenForo I decided to do my own importer that will be MyShop specific, upon release of MyClassifieds and MyGallery I intend to make the MyShop importer universal so more of my mods can use it to import.

If you know of point or credit systems you want to be able to import from to MyPoints then please post them.

I have an importer for vBCredits and iCash but not vCash, I have one for uCash if that is the same as vCash.

You'll probably catch a large percentage of the vB folks by going with vBcredits and iCash.

How about the BD Banking from xF?

You'll probably catch a large percentage of the vB folks by going with vBcredits and iCash.

How about the BD Banking from xF?
I'm doing importers for all point/credit systems.

Right now [bd] Banking importer is nearly done, have to polish it off.

Good news I took a week off to wrap my head around the importer stuff but decided that I will implement a feature so any XenForo points system can be used with MyShop. MyPoints is going to be its own mod and it will use a field in the user table as well. Anyone who has MyShop purchased before the update and MyPoints release will get a MyPoints license free while anyone who purchases after release will have to buy the bundle license.

I am also working on a ticket system and license system to help me keep better track of bugs and licenses in the system.

MyPoints is now its own mod, have not tested but will after some sleep. After testing I will move on to finishing MyShop.

I will not be including the option to use xFCredits as it uses trophy points and it has not been updated or developed further since its initial release.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom