• This forum has been archived. New threads and replies may not be made. All add-ons/resources that are active should be migrated to the Resource Manager. See this thread for more information.

[XFR] User Albums

Status
Not open for further replies.
Liz that was it, I just had to adjust the permossion settings and it works great!!

One additional queation - currently the defalt is 3 images, is there a way to edit the number of images and their size?
See my post above, #129, there is a screen shot attached.

Glad to help.

Liz

Trying to create a Porta Module for this...

PHP Block

PHP:
<?php

class EWRporta_Block_Album extends XenForo_Model
{
    public function getModule()
    {
    Global $Album,$viewParams;
    $viewParams = array('latestAlbums' => $albumsModel->getLatestAlbums());
    $Album = $template->create('xfr_useralbums_sidebar_latest_albums', $viewParams);
    return $Album;
    }
}

XML File
HTML:
<?xml version="1.0" encoding="utf-8"?>
<module>
  <module_name>Album</module_name>
  <module_cache>+60 minutes</module_cache>
  <module_settings/>
  <module_template><![CDATA[
<div class="sectionMain">
<div class="subHeading"><h3>Latest Images</h3></div>
<div class="primaryContent">{xen:raw $Album.Album}</div>
  </div>
  ]]></module_template>
</module>

Ofcourse it doesn't work... Any ideas?

I understand the XML file and it looks good to me. I am just starting to learn PHP so I am not clear on that file but wanted to ask, where is Album defined? I don't have this add-on installed so I am not clear if it is a field in a table or not. I see latestAlbums defined as an array but not Album.

I understand the XML file and it looks good to me. I am just starting to learn PHP so I am not clear on that file but wanted to ask, where is Album defined? I don't have this add-on installed so I am not clear if it is a field in a table or not. I see latestAlbums defined as an array but not Album.

Yep, I am still learning myself. I was working off of the assistance I got creating my Weather module.

Liz Iwanted to ask a queston for you on setting up the permissions on this mod, in the ACP>Options>[xfr]User Albums I've set the permissions to display "Latest images before forum list" however it only displays 3 at a time across the top before the forum list. My question is can this be edited to show more than just " 3 of the latest images" I would like to have 4 or possibly 5 across the top - is this possible?

Liz Iwanted to ask a queston for you on setting up the permissions on this mod, in the ACP>Options>[xfr]User Albums I've set the permissions to display "Latest images before forum list" however it only displays 3 at a time across the top before the forum list. My question is can this be edited to show more than just " 3 of the latest images" I would like to have 4 or possibly 5 across the top - is this possible?
Not in the option menu...as to if it can be done otherwise, that is the OP's mod and he should answer that question. He may make it a varied option but at the moment, it's not.

... can this be edited to show more than just " 3 of the latest images" I would like to have 4 or possibly 5 across the top - is this possible?

library/XfRu/UserAlbums/Model/Images.php

Find around line 155 : public function getLatestImages()
below around line 171
PHP:
return $this->prepareImages($this->fetchAllKeyed($this->limitQueryResults($sql, 3), 'image_id'));

change number 3 to what you want.

You may also have to change xfr_useralbums_forum_list_latest_images.css to fit your exact needs otherwise you may have images in two rows.

PHP:
.thumbnailHolder
    {
        float: left;
        width: 33%;
    }

I kept on getting duplicated user comments, so I tried adding a comment to my own image and It seems when you hit the submit, it send the coment, but does not refresh/update the page, thus making the user believe it did not submit and hitting submit twice.

Anyone else encountered this? Any ETA for the next version Pepelac?

For next version I would like to suggest a couple of things if I may;

Allow comment replies and likes

Thanks!

I'd really appreciate something like an embed code box that shows automatically generated

I would like to increase the number of photos featured on the "Latest Images" block on the home page to eight. In addition, I would like to constrain each one to 75px x 75px to keep things nice and clean. Attached is the look I'm going for. How would I go about doing this? Thank you for this great add-on!

EDIT: Thank you boban, I scrolled right past your post. Exactly what I needed, thank you.

album.webp

Problem: I uploaded the files into their appropriate locations (at least I think I did) and installed the xml file successfully but I'm not seeing it on the site. No Navigation tab, sidebar or anything. I do have the "user albums" settings in the CP though. Do you have to change anything after you install?

EDIT: Problem solved! I just forgot to set permissions :confused:

Does anyone know how i would remove the "users album" tab from the navigation bar and place a link in the members_visitor_tab insted. ;)

a few issues:
  • people that do not have permission to create an album should either:
    • not be shown the 'create album' link, or
    • be shown a meaningful error page rather than a non-descriptive, generic xf error
  • people are able to use {img} bbcode in the album description. i have a user that has actually submitted each image as a separate album and linked to a photobucket img in the description rather than uploading the image.

Hello xenForo masters

Could someone kindly point me to the location where I can change the title of the "Latest Images" block on the home page?

Thank you much :)

Yes, there will be import of the vB albums. It's written in the first message :)
When will this be finished, or at least a beta version available? I really really need an importer asap as I have hundreds of albums with thousands of pictures totally, ready to import from my old forum.

Crossing my fingers here :)

Considering the original poster of this thread and I assume developer hasnt been on since the 10th of may, does anyone know if this is still being developed?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom