• This forum has been archived. New threads and replies may not be made. All add-ons/resources that are active should be migrated to the Resource Manager. See this thread for more information.

[XFR] User Albums

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hi. Thanks for what looks like an awesome add-on.

I just installed this and set up my first album but when I try to upload an image i get the following error message...

...the problem is that I have uploaded an image but whenever I press save i get the above error. I have tried this with jpg and png files but neither works

Edit: Actually it does work if you switch off the Flash uploader but not with the flash uploader enabled
do you use cloudflare?
i found that cloudflare was causing this issue. once i got rid of cloudflare the problem vanished.

I've been using the User Albums since May and I love it and so do my designers but we have a need for something within it...

We've started running challenges and putting all the previews in a thread is confusing when people start quoting them and commenting on them. I need the ability to have an admin made album, with general user permissions where anyone can upload in that particular album so that comments are directly under the preview and not scattered thru the thread.

The current challenge is located here for an example of what I do NOT want next time to happen: http://www.scrappingyourmemories.co...memories-october-recipe-layout-challenge.109/
we have the same problem and desire. we were trying to run a competition for a new site banner, using 'likes' as votes. it didnt work out so great.
id love to be able to create a banner album and allow people to upload entries to it.

What error do you get?
wHAT#S NOT WORKINGß

The image does not appear at the center, there's no next / previous controls (the controls are at the top of the lightbox). Maybe I did something wrong when upgrading the site.

xenforo-gallery.webp

I planing to use this mod and I am kinda of holding myself back for couple reasons, so please help me out
  1. I had an old collection of albums (20 albums with 1 thousands of images) in my vb4 old forum, do you think is worth losing all of these album and just start a fresh install
  2. Is the developer planing to support this mod. I don't want to lose another collection of albums :(
  3. Is there any plans for adding tags to your albums (this may does the job for categories) (y)
So far the developer has been helpful and creative ;) great work

When viewing the albums photos in lightbox in XenForo 1.1, does it show a preview thumbnail of the previous and next photo at the bottom?

I planing to use this mod and I am kinda of holding myself back for couple reasons, so please help me out
  1. I had an old collection of albums (20 albums with 1 thousands of images) in my vb4 old forum, do you think is worth losing all of these album and just start a fresh install
  2. Is the developer planing to support this mod. I don't want to lose another collection of albums :(
  3. Is there any plans for adding tags to your albums (this may does the job for categories) (y)

1. I've made an importer from vB3, it can be modified to imported from vB4, but I don't have any vB4 forums installed to look at structure of vB4 albums.
  2. Yes, I'm planning to support this mod in the future.
  3. Yes, tags and categories will be supported in the future.

Will this be released today?
ASAP does not mean today :)

I have no time to fix it yet :(.
Sorry.
Another issue in 1.1 is, when the lightbox is up it cant be closed. When you press the X in the top right the picture disappears but the lightbox stays up. The only way to get rid of it is to hit refresh!

perhaps you could include an option check box to use it or not.
Ok.

Another issue in 1.1 is, when the lightbox is up it cant be closed. When you press the X in the top right the picture disappears but the lightbox stays up. The only way to get rid of it is to hit refresh!
Just checked it on 1.1.0 beta 2 - and it's working. Have you installed update from this post?

more suggestion:
  • in the upload page If you move the "save' bottom next to the "upload" bottom it would make more sense. Especially that all images are uploaded directly to the top of the page. This would avoid the scrolling down to hit save! what you think?
  • If I didn't press "save" the images don't appear in the album, but it still excite in the site.
  • if two users comments in one photo. It send two alerts both alerts indicate the same thing. I rather have one alert just like with thread. "there may be more posts"
  • the ability to comment to the entire album !
Installing this mod soon... :) I am so happy with the result so far...​

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom