Not a bug XFMG2.1.0 Media requiring approval before display is not showing in the Moderator Approval Queue

Chernabog

Affected version
XFMG2.1.0
Just wanted to pass along; that I noticed today that any media uploaded to the XFMG that is saying, in the gallery, that it is awaiting for or needs to be approved does not show in the moderator queue for approval. I would never have known that I had media items requiring attention had I not looked directly there.

Just wanted to let you know.

Thanks!

It seems to be working here.

I just manually unapproved an item and it is in the queue.

Does it work in your installation when manually unapproving?

It seems to be working here.

I just manually unapproved an item and it is in the queue.

Does it work in your installation when manually unapproving?

Hi @Brogan I went and unapproved an image and it did not show up in the moderation queue. I am running the latest XF2.1 and the latest XFMG, not sure why the moderation queue is not cooperating.

I did notice I had to do a XFMG cache rebuild to get my category images count correct.

Are there any other trouble shooting things I can try to get it back in order?

Do you have the "View unapproved media items " and "Approve / unapprove media items" permissions?

Do you have the "View unapproved media items " and "Approve / unapprove media items" permissions?

Just double checked and yea I have all those permissions. When I went INTO MG the items were there waiting for approval with a overlay over the actual image. Just no show in the admin/mod bar moderator approval queue.

Should I goto add-ons, XFMG and rebuild the installation??? Maybe there is a corruption in a file somewhere?

Try on a unmoddified default style with all addons disabled.

It is not showing up in moderation. I have noticed other unusual activity in XFMG with more activity happening - uploaded media is not being updated in the category count. I have to run a XFMG category cache rebuild for the updates to show and some uploaded media is not having the watermark attached even though all user groups are set to have uploaded media watermarked.

I have debated doing a rebuild from ACP or perhaps dropping the XFMG files over top the existing ones again...?

I am not sure what the best solution is to troubleshoot further?

I think at this point we need to troubleshoot this, ideally with your own admin account.

Please submit a ticket with login details. Please ensure 2FA is disabled if you have it enabled currently.

My suspicion overall is that Mike’s hunch is correct and it is actually related to permissions but with perhaps some nuance we’re overlooking but once we can get access and try a few things live I’m sure it will become clear.

I turned having to moderate new content off and then everything seemed to start working. Including my "mark as viewed" which was not updated the counter, but now does.

It is also likely that there may have been some type of conflict with Tru's Social Groups add-on which was just updated right before the challenge stopped presenting itself.

I would like to have it reviewed though. So I will revert having non-team member media content require moderation, do a test run myself and if it is not working as it should will open a support ticket. I appreciate your help!

As per the ticket reply, this is related to an add-on you have installed. I've provided information in the ticket as to which add-on is the cause.

Top Bottom