[XFA] Tournament - XF2

[XFA] Tournament - XF2 [Paid] 3.5.3

No permission to buy (€40.00)
Well it seems the product is incorrectly installed as you are missing a table.

It was a fresh install you did ?

Well it seems the product is incorrectly installed as you are missing a table.

It was a fresh install you did ?
Previously I used [XFA] Tournament 2.7.0 for Xenforo 1.5.22

After that I updated Xenforo 2.2.3 with [XFA] Tournament 3.2.0
Any installation/update process is normal
Only when I click on the filter function. It happened such error.
P/s: I tried rebuild the addon, it still got the error

Last edited:
In between, did you remove tables from the database ?

Because right now the error indicates that tables are missing.
The only way to fix it is to uninstall and reinstall.

@XFA
It is exactly a bug.

You mistakenly called the table name in file
PHP:
/src/addons/XFA/Tournament/XF/ForumType/Discussion.php

Line 37 -> 42
Code:
$tournamentForum = \XF::db()->fetchOne("
      SELECT 1
      FROM xfa_tournament_category
      WHERE thread_node_id = ?
      LIMIT 1
    ", $forum->node_id);

The name of the table is xfa_tourn_category, NOT xfa_tournament_category. Please update this add-on to fix.
->
Code:
$tournamentForum = \XF::db()->fetchOne("
      SELECT 1
      FROM xfa_tourn_category
      WHERE thread_node_id = ?
      LIMIT 1
    ", $forum->node_id);

Last edited:
If this addon allowed usergroups to vote on who the winner should be, and the result being the vote scores between the two particpants for each match, i would jump on the addon.

Would be great addition to the addon, but dont believe it currently does that.

If this addon allowed usergroups to vote on who the winner should be, and the result being the vote scores between the two particpants for each match, i would jump on the addon.

Would be great addition to the addon, but dont believe it currently does that.
Nope it doesn't allow that.

Anyone that can link me his/her site of this add-on at work to see how it looks/feels (can be via private conversation)? Could not find a demo of it on the owner's site, nor a link to a community of one of the people who rated this add-on... Thx :)

Anyone that can link me his/her site of this add-on at work to see how it looks/feels (can be via private conversation)? Could not find a demo of it on the owner's site, nor a link to a community of one of the people who rated this add-on... Thx :)
I have Tournament and Roster running on my site.

XFA updated [XFA] Tournament - XF2 with a new update entry:

Bug fixes, new features and price change

Corrected bugs:
  • Participated tournaments in Clubs shows an incorrect list
  • Incomplete permission check for users invite authorization (missing edit anyone check)
  • Incomplete permission check for users add authorization (missing edit anyone check)
  • Invalid opponent shown in submit scores popup for first round when at least one score is set
  • Submit scores alert shows own username instead of opponent username

New features:
  • Leaderboard page highlighting top...

Read the rest of this update entry...

Hi. Could you add support for User Onboarding?

"The add-on is also fully extensible allowing other add-ons to add additional tasks of their own."

Tasks:
  • User registers for a tournament
  • User creates a tournament
  • User completes a tournament

1. I completed a test tournament, but the winner does not show up on the Leaderboard.

2. Possible to add way for users to play matches with more than 1v1? (Not teams, and no need for full roster-like capabilities). It's similar to round robin, in that it produces a table for overall scores.. But it isn't player vs player, but players scored for matches.

For example:
4 players are playing a game, Game of Thrones on Steam. There are no teams, any vs any.
They will play all factions one time each, so that's four games/matches.
Then at the end their scores are output with winner, 2nd place, 3rd place, 4th place.

Match 1:
Tex - Winner, 5 points
Frank - 2nd, 4 points
Jack - 3rd, 2 points
Luke - 4th, 1,5 points

Etc until after match 4, their totals are summarized. @XFA

Last edited:
1. I completed a test tournament, but the winner does not show up on the Leaderboard.
Hum... that's surprising.
Not at all ?

If you look at the xf_user table in the database, is the xfa_tourn_wins column equal to 0 for that user ?

2. Possible to add way for users to play matches with more than 1v1? (Not teams, and no need for full roster-like capabilities). It's similar to round robin, in that it produces a table for overall scores.. But it isn't player vs player, but players scored for matches.

For example:
4 players are playing a game, Game of Thrones on Steam. There are no teams, any vs any.
They will play all factions one time each, so that's four games/matches.
Then at the end their scores are output with winner, 2nd place, 3rd place, 4th place.

Match 1:
Tex - Winner, 5 points
Frank - 2nd, 4 points
Jack - 3rd, 2 points
Luke - 4th, 1,5 points

Etc until after match 4, their totals are summarized. @XFA
I do understand the intent.
However, in that case how would scores be input ? Because there are 4 peoples so users submission is kinda complicated.

Hum... that's surprising.
Not at all ?

If you look at the xf_user table in the database, is the xfa_tourn_wins column equal to 0 for that user ?

Yes it's blank
1637737467821.webp

Yes in db he is listed with a win.
1637737620269.webp

I do understand the intent.
However, in that case how would scores be input ? Because there are 4 peoples so users submission is kinda complicated.

Let's call it "match bracket". It will show X matches (depending on what the tournament creator set in settings) with all participants shown in each one. Then the admin can just add a number for each entry in every match. Save scores will show "overall table" depending on the scoring method. Similar to how you see it in round robin, which has an overall table above the specific matches.

So just adding scores (numerical) for each participant in each match. Those may vary depending on the game, and shouldn't really matter for how it is output, wether you add 1,2,3s or 100, 200, 300s. So if you have 5 people, you add f.ex scores of 230, 215, 198, 150, 98.
Then add results from the next 3 matches of the same people.

Select "complete tournament" and admin decides if scores are to be based on total scores (over X matches), or top placements (so even if you had a higher average, the other guy won because he had two wins, while you had one win and 3 2nd places).

Regarding the bug, do you get any error in the admincp server error log ?

Regarding the suggestion, this looks a bit too manual to me, the interest of having the add-on manage is that it computes score and automatically awards winner. Why would the admin need to "complete tournament".
Also, selection of win based on top placements can be quite complicated. It means you first need to find who had the most first place and so and so forth, can become a nightmare.

Regarding the bug, do you get any error in the admincp server error log ?

No bugs in log, no.

Regarding the suggestion, this looks a bit too manual to me, the interest of having the add-on manage is that it computes score and automatically awards winner. Why would the admin need to "complete tournament".
Also, selection of win based on top placements can be quite complicated. It means you first need to find who had the most first place and so and so forth, can become a nightmare.

Isn't really any more manual than the currently supported options of "free input" and "no bracket". Don't have to be with admin completing it, we can allow it to be a fixed amount of matches beforehand in settings of tournament. F.ex 4 matches. So then it will automatically assign the winner etc when the match treshold is met =)

No bugs in log, no.
Odd, works for me.
Any possibility to have admin access ?
Isn't really any more manual than the currently supported options of "free input" and "no bracket". Don't have to be with admin completing it, we can allow it to be a fixed amount of matches beforehand in settings of tournament. F.ex 4 matches. So then it will automatically assign the winner etc when the match treshold is met =)
Yeah sure, please create a suggestion thread for that on our site.

Top Bottom