[XFA] Tournament - XF2

[XFA] Tournament - XF2 [Paid] 3.5.3

No permission to buy (€40.00)
Anyway we could create prefix's when creating a tournament? Instead of creating a bunch of subcategories for different tournament types it would be nice to use the built-in prefix feature when creating a tournament thats defined within each category.
To filter the tournaments per type ? I think you can filter already through the filtering menu.
Also when you click create tournament,you select a category but then you have to select the game again.Anyway for it to automatically selected(pic of what i mean)View attachment 266432
Hum even with the screenshot I am not getting your issue.

Clément

so when you go to create a tournament it has you select a category
Screenshot 2022-03-30 170617.png

You select the category but it still makes you select it again (i've already selected Finat Fantasy XIV,but yet i have to select the category again)
Screenshot 2022-03-30 170643.png

As for the prefix's i cant force them to select a predefined prefix like i can when they are creating a forum thread. i would like to have them select
a prefix for a tournament as well if its possible?
Screenshot 2022-03-30 171217.webp

Well that's because you made a category per game but there is no category/game link.

You lost me, there is no prefixes at the moment.

Feature Request:
Hello, I often host tournaments where one event has many 'classes' in them. Currently, I make a separate tournament of the same category but with separate classes. This results in having to have many tournaments for the same event. (Sorry this is hard to explain).
It would be awesome if we could add custom classes in a tournament category for users to choose from upon registering for the event. This would simplify many things for us and I am sure others as well.
You can see the attached photo as to how we currently have to operate. All the same day but different classes.

Thanks!

Attachments

• chrome_VETgRVXB5t.webp
    chrome_VETgRVXB5t.webp
    21.5 KB · Views: 12
So basically you have multiple tournaments for a single tournament (in simple words).

And then you have something like a final round with winners ?
Or is it just multiple rounds hosted on the same day ?

How is final ranking made ? Is there an overall ranking ? Or just one per single class ?

So basically you have multiple tournaments for a single tournament (in simple words).

And then you have something like a final round with winners ?
Or is it just multiple rounds hosted on the same day ?

How is final ranking made ? Is there an overall ranking ? Or just one per single class ?
Thanks for your interest.
It would be one race, multiple classes and one winner per class. No final round, just one race and the winner of each class is determined by either time or first to cross the finish line. I believe a better way to explain is if tournament categories had multiple child categories and allowed users to select those child categories on event registration it would answer my suggestion.

Hum so none of the existing tournament modes implemented right now fit that type of tournament ? (I mean if you consider one class)

Hum so none of the existing tournament modes implemented right now fit that type of tournament ? (I mean if you consider one class)
Yes, I use manual (with no bracket). the tournament modes are fine, I am suggesting adding a child category to tournaments which can require a user to select from those child categories upon registering for the tournament.
Then whatever child category the user selected will just be attached to their entry in some way or maybe in the participant's sidebar, we can group the users by sub-category there instead of all participants in one group (See Photo's).

Excuse my expert photo editing haha.

Attachments

• 2022-12-28_08-23-02.webp
    2022-12-28_08-23-02.webp
    13.2 KB · Views: 6
  • 2022-12-28_08-27-52.webp
    2022-12-28_08-27-52.webp
    15.3 KB · Views: 5
Yeah but that wouldn't work out as tournaments have just one winner.

There is most certainly a way to implement that though but I don't see a huge use case in this as you are the first to ever request that so I am not sure I would consider implementing such a huge feature considering the ROI.

Tried to delete a tournament. Got this error:
Error: Attempt to increment/decrement property "xfa_tourn_wins" on null in src/addons/XFA/Tournament/Entity/Tournament.php at line 926
  1. XFA\Tournament\Entity\Tournament->_postDelete() in src/XF/Mvc/Entity/Entity.php at line 1654
  2. XF\Mvc\Entity\Entity->delete() in src/addons/XFA/Tournament/Pub/Controller/Tournament.php at line 174
  3. XFA\Tournament\Pub\Controller\Tournament->actionDelete() in src/XF/Mvc/Dispatcher.php at line 352
  4. XF\Mvc\Dispatcher->dispatchClass() in src/XF/Mvc/Dispatcher.php at line 259
  5. XF\Mvc\Dispatcher->dispatchFromMatch() in src/XF/Mvc/Dispatcher.php at line 115
  6. XF\Mvc\Dispatcher->dispatchLoop() in src/XF/Mvc/Dispatcher.php at line 57
  7. XF\Mvc\Dispatcher->run() in src/XF/App.php at line 2353
  8. XF\App->run() in src/XF.php at line 524
  9. XF::runApp() in index.php at line 20

I think it's because the winner is a deleted account. Any way to force delete this tournament or place another winner into it so it can be normally removed?

Also, for next version, re. link in widget name.
It is a blank href, and speed metrics/Google doesn't like that.
Either remove the link or make it go to where the tournament addon is "/tournaments"? :)

1674066176462.webp

Top Bottom