[XFA] Tournament

[XFA] Tournament [Paid] 2.7.0

No permission to buy (€14.00)
The league, it's composed of one home match and one away match right ?

Then you could create for that a round robin with home/away.
Then once it's finished you create the playoff which I guess are single elimination matches no ?

Not sure what you meant about byes afterwards though, perhaps I didn't understand your request.
Bear in mind that I am a volleyball guy so there are no such things like playoff or so in my sport, so I am not familiar with the playoffs stuff.

Thanks for replying @MtoR.

I'm in bed ready to sleep right now. Tomorrow I'll bring to this topic an excellent example of what I mean from the Wikipedia.

Hi there, @MtoR

Maybe this pic from the wikipedia explains a lot better of what I'm trying to say:

rNxqCG6.png

As you can see, teams A1 and B1 go straight to the semifinals.

This is a 6 teams bracket.

Hum that's very specific.
I can't handle each of every type as you may imagine there is a fairly huge number of possibilities.

This is not planned as of now.

Clément

XFA updated [XFA] Tournament with a new update entry:

Big Update - Bug fixes and new cool features !

Corrected bugs:
  • Can create private tournament permission not taken into account
  • Missing phrase xfa_tourn_too_much_users_provided
  • Remaining unused template xfa_tourn_manual_select_bracket
  • Automatic generation of brackets for private tournaments doesn't work
  • Incorrect link on tournament name in the winner post
  • Inviting already invited user to a tournament would still lead to an alert sent
  • Users could be manually added more than once in a tournament
  • Users...

Read the rest of this update entry...

I tried to check out the demo but the login doesn't work.

I also tried to register on your website, but I still can't see it either.

So the default filter on the /touraments index page is remaining slots. I would like to change that to Newest Update - how would I do that?

On top of the above post, there is no option in the admincp to turn off the categories side bar module.

Last edited:
Okay someone isn't working correctly.

Firstly, it is possible for the same user to register in a competition multiple times either as a solo or free hand entry.

Secondly I have just done a dummy test of the Double Elimination tournament and the side bar block 'winner' is actually the entry that came third... maybe the system is confused because of the multiple entries from the one forum user?

upload_2016-9-3_10-38-6.webp

I have just installed it, add a first tournament and tried to register as admin and got a white page here:
/tournaments/name-of-tournament.1/register

(People are talking here about 25 Bucks, i paid 35. But i am more interested in have a running addon), so please tell me how to find the fault.

Found this also:

ErrorException: Fatal Error: Can't use method return value in write context - library/XFA/Tournament/DataWriter/Participant.php:99

Last edited:
Sorry, just see your messages, don't know why I didn't get the warning for the previous ones...

I tried to check out the demo but the login doesn't work.

I also tried to register on your website, but I still can't see it either.

The demo is fixed.
You didn't see it because the navigation is moved to a sidebar block on our site, we use one of our add-on to do so.

So the default filter on the /touraments index page is remaining slots. I would like to change that to Newest Update - how would I do that?

You would have to edit the php to make it default to something else.
If you are still interested let me know, I'll check.

On top of the above post, there is no option in the admincp to turn off the categories side bar module.

You don't want to have categories but all tournaments in the same one ?
If so then this is not something possible but you could request it on our website to see it implemented.

Okay someone isn't working correctly.

Firstly, it is possible for the same user to register in a competition multiple times either as a solo or free hand entry.

Secondly I have just done a dummy test of the Double Elimination tournament and the side bar block 'winner' is actually the entry that came third... maybe the system is confused because of the multiple entries from the one forum user?

View attachment 140282

It's should not be possible to register more than once as a solo or free hand entry no.
Is it the case ?

Regarding the second part, it's indeed not normal, but perhaps it's related to the first bug, if bug it is.

I have just installed it, add a first tournament and tried to register as admin and got a white page here:
/tournaments/name-of-tournament.1/register

(People are talking here about 25 Bucks, i paid 35. But i am more interested in have a running addon), so please tell me how to find the fault.

Found this also:

ErrorException: Fatal Error: Can't use method return value in write context - library/XFA/Tournament/DataWriter/Participant.php:99

25 bucks was before the latest release. As you can see in the update we increased the price due to the implementation of groups (don't worry, we don't intend to increase it more in the future).

Regarding the blank page, perhaps it's linked with the error you found ?
I had someone reported that error and pointed him to some changes on our website (if my memory is correct), I would recommend you check it out.

This means the roster for groups is now included, because i like the idea to have groups also.
If not what is the difference between having groups now and have the second addon.

Someone has written on your page that he had the same error, then he has updated php. But to which version?
This is something people should know before they buy, right?

This means the roster for groups is now included, because i like the idea to have groups also.
If not what is the difference between having groups now and have the second addon.

Someone has written on your page that he had the same error, then he has updated php. But to which version?
This is something people should know before they buy, right?

No no the roster is an additional thing.

Ah yes now you got my memory back.
Yes yes you are right he updated to php but I should provide a fix to avoid that, if you can't upgrade your php version then tell me I'll do my post to provide a fix ASAP.

Hi :)

I've tried everything now to change the order of the tab, but it won't do as I want :)

I need it to be before donations:
aZoJmbj.png

Top Bottom