[XFA] Nodes Icon Tweak

[XFA] Nodes Icon Tweak [Paid] 2.8.1

No permission to buy (€4.00)
The preview should be working.

Do you get any error in the browser console ?

After about one hour without doing anything the preview start working in the admincp for font awesome selection.

But still even after picking the icon it does not appear on the user forum listing.

But I have not tried waiting an hour or so afterwards, maybe its a 'caching problem', like the preview was for font awesome on the admin side.

Very strange.

I purchased this addon and instructions are not clear to me.

Ok so upon playing around with this I notice that if you go to the node tree in the admincp I can use my own icons that I upload to the directory you stated on my server. Outstanding.

Several problems occur however. Whether I leave the default sizes or chance them to the actual size (48 for my icons) I get the same thing. And the Icon that was there.. is sitting right on top of it.

I'm using the Fragzone theme by Pixelexit.

Help would be quite appreciated...

Last edited:
This is how the icon to the Tyrs Tavern is supposed to look.

yFqyta0.png

This is what I get (no matter what I change the size of the icon too, I get the below result) :

hNJOVhd.png

Q,... Is there a css I can adjust to put a small rounded corner on my square icons I use on my server? The sharp edges look too sharp lol.

Tnx.

I have the front forum FINALLY the way I ENVISIONED IT!!!!

Here's how I did it with the code of Russ:

1. For EASY icon selection, I purchased [XFA] Nodes Icon Tweak [Paid] for $10.

2. CODE to enter in Extra.CSS

.forum_list .nodeIcon {height:125px;width:225px !important;}
.nodeIcon { background-size: cover !important;}

3. I created a 125x225 transparent background in Photoshop and saved it. I created the below icons and made them fit in that background with a little space remaining on the right that stays transparant and renamed them as .png files.

4. FTP the icons to my server.

5. Point to the icons with the [XFA] Nodes Icon Tweak. DONE!

Now its easy. I just do the last 3 steps to add a new icon. Its point and click easy.

IBtgRDt.png

It's not up to date to FA 4.7.0 but I think this was not introduced lately in FA so you should be having it.

Hello @XFA
I get this error after installation and going into the node I want to add the icon to.
Code:
Fatal error: Class 'XFA_Common_FontAwesomeIcons' not found in /home/xfvaultc/public_html/library/XFA/NodesIconTweak/Listener/Template.php on line 100

OK just tried on a fresh local xamp install and I get this error.
Code:
An exception occurred: Class 'XFA_Common_FontAwesomeIcons' not found in C:\xampp\htdocs\sites\Charm\library\XFA\NodesIconTweak\Listener\Template.php on line 100

XFA_NodesIconTweak_Listener_Template::templateHook() in XenForo/CodeEvent.php at line 58
XenForo_CodeEvent::fire() in XenForo/Template/Abstract.php at line 285
XenForo_Template_Abstract->callTemplateHook() in XenForo/Template/Abstract.php(265) : eval()'d code at line 150
eval() in XenForo/Template/Abstract.php at line 265
XenForo_Template_Abstract->_renderInternal() in XenForo/Template/Abstract.php at line 191
XenForo_Template_Abstract->render() in XenForo/ViewRenderer/HtmlAdmin.php at line 140
XenForo_ViewRenderer_HtmlAdmin->renderContainer() in XenForo/FrontController.php at line 639
XenForo_FrontController->renderView() in XenForo/FrontController.php at line 158
XenForo_FrontController->run() in C:/xampp/htdocs/sites/Charm/admin.php at line 13
Any Idea why? Thank You!

Last edited:
I found a bug:
I just checked my site on my Ipad and the server icons (images) are not showing correctly.
They show correctly on my pc even in responsive mode.

I found a bug:
I just checked my site on my Ipad and the server icons (images) are not showing correctly.
They show correctly on my pc even in responsive mode.

Saw you reported this on our website as well. Will follow-up there now as I already answered.
No need to duplicate reports :)

Hay dear .. i have a probleme ..
i want to get the same display as safari and chrome but on firefox it give this .. :
1485185123-capture-d-ecran-2017-01-23-a-16-25-01.png

i want to get like safari and chrome , like this :

1485195276-capture-d-ecran-2017-01-23-a-19-14-24.png

thank you and hope to get help

Hello,

Just tested and visited your site.
It's look fine for me in Firefox. You are using the latest version ?

Clément

Was it a bug in my add-on ?

If so would be interested to know in order to help others that may encounter that.

Top Bottom