[XFA] Members Map

[XFA] Members Map [Paid] 1.5.3

No permission to buy (€8.00)
Please explain the functionality in more details.

Eg. There's a screenshot that show address entry with country selection, another screenshot that appears to show a route between two users, another that appears to show a user location can be map positioned based on location from browser and not from what they enter, and a option/phrase that says "Allow to see your position on map" - who can see?

I am testing this add-on at the moment on their website.

http://www.xen-factory.com/index.php?members-map/

So far i like it, its fun!! i will suggest to add a lot more features to make it even more fun.

But how it work is. You can enter your address, city, country in your profile

Pr.webp

After it's entered. There is a tab which you can click on and you can see your position on google maps and you can also see all of the other members position

2.webp

And when you click on the Red Marker. The contact card will come up.
As you can see here. I clicked on a red marker and user Fred's contact card came up

3.webp

The other options are weather or not you want other members to see your position/hide your position,
4.webp

another screenshot that appears to show a route between two users,
I would also like to know this. i haven't found it. it looks like it shows the distance between you and the profile you are viewing?

But, That is pretty much it, so far that is what it does.

I can think of many more features to suggest for future updates, such as list of top countries, cities, display flags, secondary marker in different colors based on country ip's

I like this add-on alot, i hope to purchase it in the future if it becomes more feature packed.

we need a good country/flag/postion/map add-on

Ok i found it.

If you are in a country close by or in the same country, it draws a blue line connecting you and the person's profile you are viewing.

Distance.webp

I wrote my profile i lived in france. If i put my country as in the usa, it doesnt draw a blue line because it's over the ocean but it puts your marker and the persons marker, in view

dis3.webp

"Allow to see your position on map" - who can see?

Basically at the moment, your members fit their address.
The location is search via the google map API .
Then according to the parameters, it can display their location on the main map and/or display the map on their profile.
On their profile, if another member visit it and he also took its coordinates,and the distance between 2 points is traceable via the google map api, a road appears.

Additional functionality will be added as suggested

"Allow to see your position on map" - who can see?
Others user ;)

Others user ;)
Phrase should then be "Allow others to see your location on the map" to make it consistent, and explanatory, with the line below of "Allow others to see your location on your profile"
... not sure why you have both though? Why would privacy concerned users want one but not the other?

Phrase should then be "Allow others to see your location on the map" to make it consistent, and explanatory, with the line below of "Allow others to see your location on your profile"
... not sure why you have both though? Why would privacy concerned users want one but not the other?

You're right for the phrase will be changed at the next update.
For two settings, it may be that some members did not want to be displayed on the main card and recirocal, hence the option, but on the privacy indeed it is not helpful to have two options. Everyone is free to set its options as it want

Not actually
I plan to add this later ;)

Call me when you do :) That would make it somewhat useful. Actually insert 'current' gps with a google map embed into post/conversation would also make this really useful as well as last post location.

it pull the actual geolocation automatically from smartphone gps?

i'd like to see an option similar to this where the browser asks if it can use your location and updates the location field of your profile. now that would be neat!

anyways, i'd like to buy this plugin, so kick your host in the butt and get your site back online :P

Hi. Some users may not want to put in their actual street address. Does it work with just the city/state/country, without the street & number?

Hi!

Is there any chance to get the country flag (and text maybe) in postbit?

Like (sorry, it's the postbit of our old vBulletin board):

upload_2015-11-16_12-16-46.webp

When it's possible, which code I have to add in the template for user information in posts?

Thanks!

Hi. Some users may not want to put in their actual street address. Does it work with just the city/state/country, without the street & number?

Yes it is possible, I asked Fred to do that when developing, with that same argument you stated :)

Hi!

Is there any chance to get the country flag (and text maybe) in postbit?

Like (sorry, it's the postbit of our old vBulletin board):

View attachment 121871

When it's possible, which code I have to add in the template for user information in posts?

Thanks!

I think that could be an intersting feature, Fred will answer to you about this as it's up to him to implement this or not.

Top Bottom