[XFA] Media Of The Month - XF2

[XFA] Media Of The Month - XF2 [Paid] 4.4.3

No permission to buy (€15.00)
It generates an album in a defined category.

What do you mean by per category or per media type ?

Okay well I guess I am little confused how this works.

XenForo does not have public albums, they suggest categories for this. So, your add-on actually creates a public album (that more than one person can add to) correct?

And my suggestion was, by category. So if you have a category called Cars, then that's where people will upload and vote for Car media.

And by media type I meant, if you want people to vote on images only, not videos, then it would follow the media type of the category (Images, Videos, Audio files, Embeds).

Thanks!

I am planning on providing new features to MOTM in a near future, currently working on the part of one of my xF1 add-on not ported yet.
Looking forward to this, as this addon seems like it could be very useful :).

Reactions: XFA
Okay well I guess I am little confused how this works.

XenForo does not have public albums, they suggest categories for this. So, your add-on actually creates a public album (that more than one person can add to) correct?

And my suggestion was, by category. So if you have a category called Cars, then that's where people will upload and vote for Car media.

And by media type I meant, if you want people to vote on images only, not videos, then it would follow the media type of the category (Images, Videos, Audio files, Embeds).

Thanks!

We currently have two modes, either in an album where everyone can put a media or any media where user can vote for any media in the gallery.

We have currently no vote per category.
We have currently no medias restrictions.

Is it possible to hide the gallery, but use pictures for the contest?

Example:
a) Group picture-collector collects pictures in the gallery. Nobody else can see them.
b) then they choose the {x} ones they want to show
c) users vote and see only what they should see

Probably it it possible by moving the wanted pictures to a public part of the gallery, but the idea here is to show no gallery at all.

Yeah you would need to use the privacy settings.

Hiding the full gallery would need a specific development.

Our gallery is hidden for the most people. But the pictures for a contest should be shown to everyone.
So i have to open at least one gallery.

There are more cases like this with other add-ons. It would be nice if programers could add an option like: Care or dont care for the permissions of x, when content from x is used for y.

Sometimes the opposite happens also:

Your thread tabs for example dont care for the ugp of connected threads. The tabs are shown to everyone who is allowed to see the tabs.
In my XF1 version i dont allow users to see the tabs if they are not allowed to see the threads behind.

Reactions: XFA
Suggestion:

For the Optional forum advertising, please allow us to choose a prefix in the specified forum.

Per-message would be great, but if we can only choose one where we choose the forum that works too.

Thanks!

Suggestion:

For the Optional forum advertising, please allow us to choose a prefix in the specified forum.

Per-message would be great, but if we can only choose one where we choose the forum that works too.

Thanks!

Not a bad idea.
What do you mean per message ?

Thanks

What I mean is you could add it at the forum level (where you select the forum), or, where the individual messages (threads) are composed, if you added it there you could select a different one per thread, if you use multiple threads. Just an idea for more flexibility.

But it would be awesome to have prefixes. My forum actually requires them so would be great for my instance. Thanks!

Last edited:
Here's an example of how using multiple prefixes could work:

Winner (The Winner prefix would be nice so when a person clicked it, they could see all the winners!)
Enter Now
Vote

You get the idea... of course these can be thread titles but the Winner prefix is especially nice for sorting! :)

Great! If there is progress on using a prefix please let me know (I'd set the prefix for admin use only, and the poster of the message would be admin).

I plan to buy this, but knowing that is coming would put me over the fence and I'd buy immediately. :)

Has there been any confusion with users thinking they vote in the thread with Likes or asking how to vote? I really like that a thread is created with the new media to vote on but just wondering if there is confusion.

Can wording/a link be added to each post so they click to the Gallery? Or (however I am not sure about this option yet) the vote button be added to a forum post?

Another question. Can you move media out of the category or album once it has votes?

Example: You run a contest for best pet picture. Someone uploads a landscape. It gets votes. The moderator moves it out. Will the votes disappear and will it be stopped from winning? Thanks!

Related question: If it's moved out by mistake, and moved back with it still have the votes?

Top Bottom