[XFA] Document/Manual/Tutorial/Article Writer

[XFA] Document/Manual/Tutorial/Article Writer [Paid] 2.8.3

No permission to buy (€12.00)
Some edits I can handle doing it that way.

This next question is probably more along the lines of custom development on this add-on for my own personal use but I want to add custom fields or something like a drop down on certain sections. If I had specific parts of the guide for example like, summary/build/skills/gameplay for example then on the skills part I'd like to have a drop down or something where they can select it and enter a value next to it and when the 'document' is submitted the drop down item just becomes the name of the skill or stat point.

I'm not sure that makes sense, hard to write what I want but would it be possible as a paid custom work if I managed to get a sample idea?

Evening,

Just got this purchased and was wondering if it is possible to adjust this somehow. I have XFMG and as you can see on the attached image, it allows you to browse your uploaded images rather than using a URL when clicking the Media Gallery Embed when making threads. In this add-on it asks you for a URL, is there any way to make this so it works the same way as threads does?

Question: Is there a way to remove the username styling on the add-on such as the sidebar styling.

Suggestion: In list view, allow a brief summary of the guide, example attached like you have with the other views and a character limit.

Thanks,

Rob

Attachments

• XFMG.webp
    XFMG.webp
    8.8 KB · Views: 2
  • list.webp
    list.webp
    19.6 KB · Views: 2
Last edited:
Hum, not at that point you lost me :/

An example on the image is this would be our default layout for ALL guides, they cannot add their own sections. Is it possible (would be specific edits for my forum and I would fund a development to modify this) to have custom fields in the stat points area for example so they use a drop down to select a pre-defined item from the dropdown menu into that section.

With the above, the article manager would need to be altered so they cannot create their own sections, they were there by default to edit like that.

I hope this makes sense and obviously would need custom development.

Attachments

• Sections.webp
    Sections.webp
    101.6 KB · Views: 3
Just got this purchased and was wondering if it is possible to adjust this somehow. I have XFMG and as you can see on the attached image, it allows you to browse your uploaded images rather than using a URL when clicking the Media Gallery Embed when making threads. In this add-on it asks you for a URL, is there any way to make this so it works the same way as threads does?

Hum. I honestly don't know. I dunno how this is done but well I could check.
Please post that in our suggestion forum.

Question: Is there a way to remove the username styling on the add-on such as the sidebar styling.

What do you mean ?

Suggestion: In list view, allow a brief summary of the guide, example attached like you have with the other views and a character limit.

Yes feasible.
Please post that in our suggestion forum.

An example on the image is this would be our default layout for ALL guides, they cannot add their own sections. Is it possible (would be specific edits for my forum and I would fund a development to modify this) to have custom fields in the stat points area for example so they use a drop down to select a pre-defined item from the dropdown menu into that section.

With the above, the article manager would need to be altered so they cannot create their own sections, they were there by default to edit like that.

I hope this makes sense and obviously would need custom development.

Ah you want to have a fixed set of sections title, let's say for a category ?
But not have the possibility to create your own.

Ah you want to have a fixed set of sections title, let's say for a category ?
But not have the possibility to create your own.

Something like this yes, it will be strictly for guides so the ability to adjust it for say builds, achievements categories etc.

In regards to the username styling, my Administrator shows as 'Red' I want to remove this so there is no styling on it so everyone's is the same if that makes sense.

Hello,

Currently there is no branding removal option I must admit.

But contact me per pm and we can discuss that.

Clément

XFA updated [XFA] Document/Manual/Tutorial/Article Writer with a new update entry:

Bug fixes

Bug fixed:
  • Wrong link to users document list on profile page.
  • When only one category exist, a category picker is proposed on documents index while it should automatically select the category.
  • Upload attachment only works after document creation not during first creation.
  • Floating TOC overlapping document info on styles with fixed navbar/sidebar (style property added)...

Read the rest of this update entry...

Excuse me if I have missed something along the way, although I bought this a while ago I have not added it yet... And have just noticed 6 extra .xml files in the extracted zip file inside a folder called lang_set.
Can you tell me what they are for please & how to add if required.. ?
I assume they are extra's with not being inside the upload folder..

Regards.

Excuse me if I have missed something along the way, although I bought this a while ago I have not added it yet... And have just noticed 6 extra .xml files in the extracted zip file inside a folder called lang_set.
Can you tell me what they are for please & how to add if required.. ?
I assume they are extra's with not being inside the upload folder..

Regards.

Yes these are extra, they are translation sets in case you want to change the namings, for example from document to article or manual or tutorial.

WoW fast response.. (y)

To change the namings via the xml's .. would that be done by simply overwriting the original install .xml via upgrade.?

Top Bottom