[XFA] Document/Manual/Tutorial/Article Writer

[XFA] Document/Manual/Tutorial/Article Writer [Paid] 2.8.3

No permission to buy (€12.00)
Oh ok, that will have to be investigated, guess that the change I made in last version that did that.

Regarding the thread you manually created, have you set discussion_type to document in the dB ?

That's the only reason I see for it not to link.
Nope! I shall do that :)

Would it be possible on a guide summary update to check if thread exists, and if so, wipe the first post with the new details? If not, it creates it! Would make retaining such information much more nicer :) Also to send the tags of the document to the tags of the discussion thread.
Could this be implemented also? Would really make a whole lot of sense IMHO.

Hi,

I haven't tested it on a PHP7 server but I don't see any reason for it not to be compatible.
In any case I would provide a quick fix if not.

It has always been fully translateable, what made you think it wasn't ?

Clément

@MtoR - Thanks for getting back to me..

It has always been fully translateable, what made you think it wasn't ?

Well - Because of this in your latest update post -
  • Missing phrases: parent_category, categories, choose_category, category, prefix_filters
In any case I would provide a quick fix if not.

That sounds very good - I will most likely be a customer - need to play a little bit more with the demo ..

This mod is a copy of Xen resources. My coder guy found at least a half dozen references to the Resource Manager code, with the exact code. In php files and templates too. If someone wants example of it, I can show you where to find them. Dude, if you are going to copy something, at least do it right.

We have looked into previous claims of that nature and have discussed our findings with the author.

We don't see any need to take any explicit action and consider the matter to be resolved.

Hi,

The font size should be the one from the editor.

The problem there is that you used the product in the wrong way, you have input everything in the document's summary.
The document summary is just a location to input a quick description of the document.
Then you create sections and put the content inside it.

The sidebar thing is an option.

Clément

Hi,

The font size should be the one from the editor.

The problem there is that you used the product in the wrong way, you have input everything in the document's summary.
The document summary is just a location to input a quick description of the document.
Then you create sections and put the content inside it.

The sidebar thing is an option.

Clément

I must be blind, but I cannot find the sidebar option anywhere :(

I'm having an issue where my users are putting the entire guide into the summary. Is there a way to disable it, or limit the character count of the summary?

Also when deleting a paragraph it still shows 'Delete Undelete'. Could you also add the permission 'Hard-delete paragraphs by anyone'?

Last edited:
I'm having an issue where my users are putting the entire guide into the summary. Is there a way to disable it, or limit the character count of the summary?

Also when deleting a paragraph it still shows 'Delete Undelete'. Could you also add the permission 'Hard-delete paragraphs by anyone'?
I made the same mistake myself....
So as stupid as it sounds, I will be making a tutorial on how to use the tutorial...

Its quite obvious that the steps (workflow) to add a guide are not as obvious as they should be

I must be blind, but I cannot find the sidebar option anywhere :(

It's the latest manual on forum list options, see here :
https://xenforo.com/community/attachments/option_2-png.126508/

You have to select the categories from which they shall be retrieved.

I made the same mistake myself....
So as stupid as it sounds, I will be making a tutorial on how to use the tutorial...

Its quite obvious that the steps (workflow) to add a guide are not as obvious as they should be

I did it like that so that you have sections input while still seing the text around it which can be pretty useful when ones writing a multi sections/paragraphs tutorial.

Any suggestion of improvement of the way it works would be appreciated :)

I'm interested in the add-on and with the above, limiting the characters or something seems to be a wise idea or possibly adding the summary part above the actual part you type the entire document in if possible so they can see the separate sections?

Also...

I want to use this for gaming tutorials. The overall layout and everything is great as its close to what Steam users but steam splits each section into its own part. Is there a way to clearly identify each section in this without adding your own formatting into it such as a section line between each part that the table of contents links to? An example is here http://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=150873931 it scrolls between each segment and has a line to distinguish between them.

I'm interested in the add-on and with the above, limiting the characters or something seems to be a wise idea or possibly adding the summary part above the actual part you type the entire document in if possible so they can see the separate sections?

Ah yes good idea to separate the summary and make it a thing added afterwards like the sections.

I want to use this for gaming tutorials. The overall layout and everything is great as its close to what Steam users but steam splits each section into its own part. Is there a way to clearly identify each section in this without adding your own formatting into it such as a section line between each part that the table of contents links to? An example is here http://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=150873931 it scrolls between each segment and has a line to distinguish between them.

Well you could already that currently by some css tweaks.

Top Bottom