XF2 [S70] Steam Authentication and Integration (Connected Accounts) - NEW: ANALYTICS, XF1...

When I attempt to test the provider, I am brought to the Steam login page. After signing in, during the redirection process, the file "connected_account.php" is downloaded. How to fix?

Did this addon used to be free? I have it, but have never registered with Studio70.
I think it's a good thing that you're charging for it, by the way.
It motivates you to keep your customers satisfied :)

Purchased and installed on our sandbox for testing.
Question. If we have moved the Steam navigation to under the Members menu (seems like a good place for it to avoid having lots of top level menus), will upgrading the addon move the menu back to the top? I.e. remove the parent?
It seems to have done that.

Last edited:
@Stuart Wright

Oops, my bad, was traveling to the Middle East for the past couple of weeks and missed the notification from your post!

The XenForo 2 add-on wasn't ever free, no, but we've always allowed you to purchase a copy without having an account (perhaps you did that in the past?).

With regards to the navigation question, we've just used the default XF2 navigation system without any real tweaks to it. It should function like any other add-on that comes with navigation tabs.
As far as what exactly that means for you, if you've made modifications to the structure, from what I remember, it should reset your changes — but, I'm in the desert and not in a good place to really confirm that right now ;)

Reactions: jul
@Stuart Wright

Oops, my bad, was traveling to the Middle East for the past couple of weeks and missed the notification from your post!

The XenForo 2 add-on wasn't ever free, no, but we've always allowed you to purchase a copy without having an account (perhaps you did that in the past?).

With regards to the navigation question, we've just used the default XF2 navigation system without any real tweaks to it. It should function like any other add-on that comes with navigation tabs.
As far as what exactly that means for you, if you've made modifications to the structure, from what I remember, it should reset your changes — but, I'm in the desert and not in a good place to really confirm that right now ;)
Thanks for the reply. It's because we're running in dev mode, I'm almost certain.

I'm getting lots of errors everyday and I see this addon in the mix with xenporta am thinking Steam or XenForo updates might be causing them

Code:
ErrorException: Template error: Macro public:EWRporta_article_macros:comment_head is unknown src\XF\Template\Templater.php:586
Generated by: Unknown account Sep 18, 2019 at 5:16 AM
Stack trace
#0 [internal function]: XF\Template\Templater->handleTemplateError(512, 'Macro public:EW...', 'C:\\xampp\\htdocs...', 586, Array)
#1 src\XF\Template\Templater.php(586): trigger_error('Macro public:EW...', 512)
#2 src\XF\Template\Templater.php(700): XF\Template\Templater->getTemplateMacro('public', 'EWRporta_articl...', 'comment_head')
#3 internal_data\code_cache\templates\l1\s101\public\thread_view.php(388): XF\Template\Templater->callMacro('EWRporta_articl...', 'comment_head', Array, Array)
#4 src\XF\Template\Templater.php(1315): XF\Template\Templater->{closure}(Object(BlackTea\SteamAuth\XF\Template\Templater), Array)
#5 src\XF\Template\Template.php(24): XF\Template\Templater->renderTemplate('thread_view', Array)
#6 src\XF\Mvc\Renderer\Html.php(48): XF\Template\Template->render()
#7 src\XF\Mvc\Dispatcher.php(418): XF\Mvc\Renderer\Html->renderView('XF:Thread\\View', 'public:thread_v...', Array)
#8 src\XF\Mvc\Dispatcher.php(400): XF\Mvc\Dispatcher->renderView(Object(XF\Mvc\Renderer\Html), Object(XF\Mvc\Reply\View))
#9 src\XF\Mvc\Dispatcher.php(360): XF\Mvc\Dispatcher->renderReply(Object(XF\Mvc\Renderer\Html), Object(XF\Mvc\Reply\View))
#10 src\XF\Mvc\Dispatcher.php(53): XF\Mvc\Dispatcher->render(Object(XF\Mvc\Reply\View), 'html')
#11 src\XF\App.php(2178): XF\Mvc\Dispatcher->run()
#12 src\XF.php(390): XF\App->run()
#13 index.php(20): XF::runApp('XF\\Pub\\App')
#14 {main}
Request state
array(4) {
  ["url"] => string(29) "/threads/replicas-2018.87872/"
  ["referrer"] => bool(false)
  ["_GET"] => array(0) {
  }
  ["_POST"] => array(0) {
  }
}

Is there a way to disallow members to dissociate their Steam account? Or when they decide to dissociate their Steamto lock their account untill they associate it again?

A query being run from your add-on is being logged in the slow query log daily. We disabled the cron but that apparently doesn't stop the query from being run. Any suggestions? It looks like it's the one updating users games, but I have the cron turned to off and heavily limited in the options, therefore there shouldn't be any reason it's getting logged in the slow query log for taking up to an hour each day, right?

Are there any plans to add support for the new REST API in 2.1?
Being able to query for certain things such as users based on STEAMID would be very useful for more closely integrating Xenforo profiles with game servers and the like.
Hey,

I agree that it'd be a super useful feature to have. We'll definitely look into it. But, I don't want to make any promises prior to having access to a beta version of XF 2.1 ;)
Did you ever get a chance to look into this? :)

Apparently removing a token/connected account manually in the database (as I removed unlinking for users) results into an issue:

: Call to a member function getAccessToken() on bool in src/addons/BlackTea/SteamAuth/ConnectedAccount/ProviderData/Steam.php at line 19
  1. BlackTea\SteamAuth\ConnectedAccount\ProviderData\Steam->getProviderKey() in src/XF/ConnectedAccount/ProviderData/AbstractProviderData.php at line 171
  2. XF\ConnectedAccount\ProviderData\AbstractProviderData->offsetGet() in src/XF/ConnectedAccount/ProviderData/AbstractProviderData.php at line 192
  3. XF\ConnectedAccount\ProviderData\AbstractProviderData->__get() in src/XF/Repository/ConnectedAccount.php at line 85
  4. XF\Repository\ConnectedAccount->getUserConnectedAccountFromProviderData() in src/addons/BlackTea/SteamAuth/XF/Pub/Controller/Register.php at line 30
  5. BlackTea\SteamAuth\XF\Pub\Controller\Register->actionConnectedAccountAssociate() in src/XF/Mvc/Dispatcher.php at line 350
  6. XF\Mvc\Dispatcher->dispatchClass() in src/XF/Mvc/Dispatcher.php at line 257
  7. XF\Mvc\Dispatcher->dispatchFromMatch() in src/XF/Mvc/Dispatcher.php at line 113
  8. XF\Mvc\Dispatcher->dispatchLoop() in src/XF/Mvc/Dispatcher.php at line 55
  9. XF\Mvc\Dispatcher->run() in src/XF/App.php at line 2184
  10. XF\App->run() in src/XF.php at line 391
  11. XF::runApp() in index.php at line 20

Anyway to resolve this? Unable to re-associate my steam either if I my steam info no longer fully exists in the database.

Anyway to resolve this?
/src/XF/Job/User.php line 52, add:
Code:
$this->app->repository('XF:ConnectedAccount')->rebuildUserConnectedAccountCache($user);

so both lines look like this:

Code:
        $user->Profile->rebuildUserFieldValuesCache();
        $this->app->repository('XF:ConnectedAccount')->rebuildUserConnectedAccountCache($user);

then run Rebuild user caches.

This refreshes the cached connected accounts info in column connected_accounts inside xf_user_profile table.

Oh thanks, I probably overlooked that because I was looking for an option to display a notice when you are not connected to steam.

Top Bottom