XF2 [S70] Steam Authentication and Integration (Connected Accounts) - NEW: ANALYTICS, XF1...

It looks like the release candidate could be due for release as the next beta, so probably safe to say there will should be no breaking changes. Would be nice to be able to test it before the final release as that could still be weeks away :)

hi @Assadi

i've got 2 questions:

is it possible to make the entire Steam stats page (all 4 categories) only visible to logged in users?

also - is it possible to hide your stats from the stat page? the privacy options only seem to affect the display of steam banner and link in the postbit stuff

and if neither of those 2 are possible - would you consider adding those in one of the future updates? :)

thanks for the reply! :)

Hey,

I also have one small question. Is it possible to apply permissions based on what DLC the user has on their Steam account using this add-on?

For example, if a user purchased DLC for our game which included access to a private section of our forum, would this add-on be able to identify that DLC and apply the correct permission for the forum to that user?

Right now we're using a convoluted invite system on Xenforo 1.X which isn't ideal. So while we're upgrading to 2.X I want to see if there is a better wqay of doing this.

Apologies in advance if this a stupid question.

Thanks!

I found the following error message in the ACP, I did not get a message from a user, so I cannot tell where the error came from.
Code:
Server error log

Error: Call to a member function getBody() on null src/addons/BlackTea/SteamAuth/Helper/Steam.php:40

Generated by: Unknown account Jan 21, 2019 at 1:55 PM

Stack trace

#0 src/addons/BlackTea/SteamAuth/Helper/Steam.php(113): BlackTea\SteamAuth\Helper\Steam->request('https://api.ste...', Array)
#1 src/addons/BlackTea/SteamAuth/Cron/UserGames.php(41): BlackTea\SteamAuth\Helper\Steam->getOwnedGames('765611980115170...', true, true)
#2 [internal function]: BlackTea\SteamAuth\Cron\UserGames::run(Object(XF\Entity\CronEntry))
#3 src/XF/Job/Cron.php(34): call_user_func(Array, Object(XF\Entity\CronEntry))
#4 src/XF/Job/Manager.php(241): XF\Job\Cron->run(G)
#5 src/XF/Job/Manager.php(187): XF\Job\Manager->runJobInternal(Array, G)
#6 src/XF/Job/Manager.php(76): XF\Job\Manager->runJobEntry(Array, G)
#7 job.php(14): XF\Job\Manager->runQueue(false, 8)
#8 {main}

Request state

array(4) {
  ["url"] => string(8) "/job.php"
  ["referrer"] => string(51) "https://anzahcraft.de/threads/windows-updates.2394/"
  ["_GET"] => array(0) {
  }
  ["_POST"] => array(0) {
  }
}

Any instructions on how to upgrade from the XF1.5 version?

Make sure you back everything up, for sure. And, from there, do /not/ uninstall the original add-on. Simply upgrade to XF2, install our add-on, and then press the 'migrate xf1' button in the Steam add-on settings.

Can you shoot me and @^Alex a PM with all the relevant information when you get a chance?

Can you shoot me and @^Alex a PM with all the relevant information when you get a chance?
The problem is that the user no longer reports errors but accepts them. Therefore I cannot give you any more information. As soon as I know more I will let you know.

If it helps you XF2.1 issues the following error:
Code:
#0 [internal function]: XF\Template\Templater->handleTemplateError(512, 'Template public...', '/var/customers/...', 611, Array)
#1 src/XF/Template/Templater.php(611): trigger_error('Template public...', 512)
#2 src/XF/Template/Templater.php(562): XF\Template\Templater->getTemplateData('public', 'news_feed_item_...')
#3 src/XF/Template/Templater.php(1293): XF\Template\Templater->getTemplateCode('public', 'news_feed_item_...')
#4 src/addons/AL/ThreadFilter/XF/Template/Templater.php(108): XF\Template\Templater->renderTemplate('news_feed_item_...', Array, true)
#5 src/XF/NewsFeed/AbstractHandler.php(102): AL\ThreadFilter\XF\Template\Templater->renderTemplate('public:news_fee...', Array)
#6 src/XF/Entity/NewsFeed.php(79): XF\NewsFeed\AbstractHandler->render(Object(XF\Entity\NewsFeed))
#7 [internal function]: XF\Entity\NewsFeed->render()
#8 src/XF/Template/Templater.php(978): call_user_func_array(Array, Array)
#9 internal_data/code_cache/templates/l3/s20/public/news_feed_macros.php(34): XF\Template\Templater->method(Object(XF\Entity\NewsFeed), 'render', Array)
#10 src/XF/Template/Templater.php(694): XF\Template\Templater->{closure}(Object(BlackTea\SteamAuth\XF\Template\Templater), Array, Array)
#11 internal_data/code_cache/templates/l3/s20/public/news_feed_macros.php(12): XF\Template\Templater->callMacro('news_feed_macro...', 'feed_item', Array, Array)
#12 src/XF/Template/Templater.php(694): XF\Template\Templater->{closure}(Object(BlackTea\SteamAuth\XF\Template\Templater), Array, Array)
#13 internal_data/code_cache/templates/l3/s20/public/at_law_widget.php(22): XF\Template\Templater->callMacro('news_feed_macro...', 'feed_row', Array, Array)
#14 src/XF/Template/Templater.php(1294): XF\Template\Templater->{closure}(Object(BlackTea\SteamAuth\XF\Template\Templater), Array)
#15 src/addons/AL/ThreadFilter/XF/Template/Templater.php(108): XF\Template\Templater->renderTemplate('at_law_widget', Array, true)
#16 src/XF/Widget/WidgetRenderer.php(62): AL\ThreadFilter\XF\Template\Templater->renderTemplate('public:at_law_w...', Array)
#17 src/XF/Widget/WidgetRenderer.php(67): XF\Widget\WidgetRenderer->render()
#18 src/XF/Template/Templater.php(1613): XF\Widget\WidgetRenderer->__toString()
#19 internal_data/code_cache/templates/l3/s20/public/forum_list.php(206): XF\Template\Templater->widgetPosition('forum_list_side...', Array)
#20 src/XF/Template/Templater.php(1294): XF\Template\Templater->{closure}(Object(BlackTea\SteamAuth\XF\Template\Templater), Array)
#21 src/addons/AL/ThreadFilter/XF/Template/Templater.php(108): XF\Template\Templater->renderTemplate('forum_list', Array, true)
#22 src/XF/Template/Template.php(24): AL\ThreadFilter\XF\Template\Templater->renderTemplate('public:forum_li...', Array)
#23 src/XF/Mvc/Renderer/Html.php(48): XF\Template\Template->render()
#24 src/XF/Mvc/Dispatcher.php(418): XF\Mvc\Renderer\Html->renderView('XF:Forum\\Listin...', 'public:forum_li...', Array)
#25 src/XF/Mvc/Dispatcher.php(400): XF\Mvc\Dispatcher->renderView(Object(XF\Mvc\Renderer\Html), Object(XF\Mvc\Reply\View))
#26 src/XF/Mvc/Dispatcher.php(360): XF\Mvc\Dispatcher->renderReply(Object(XF\Mvc\Renderer\Html), Object(XF\Mvc\Reply\View))
#27 src/XF/Mvc/Dispatcher.php(53): XF\Mvc\Dispatcher->render(Object(XF\Mvc\Reply\View), 'html')
#28 src/XF/App.php(2177): XF\Mvc\Dispatcher->run()
#29 src/XF.php(390): XF\App->run()
#30 index.php(20): XF::runApp('XF\\Pub\\App')
#31 {main}

And if the steam banner should be displayed:
Code:
#0 src/addons/BlackTea/SteamAuth/Helper/Steam.php(70): BlackTea\SteamAuth\Helper\Steam->request('https://api.ste...', Array)
#1 src/addons/BlackTea/SteamAuth/Pub/Controller/Steam.php(36): BlackTea\SteamAuth\Helper\Steam->getPlayerSummaries(Array)
#2 src/XF/Mvc/Dispatcher.php(321): BlackTea\SteamAuth\Pub\Controller\Steam->actionGetsummaries(Object(XF\Mvc\ParameterBag))
#3 src/XF/Mvc/Dispatcher.php(244): XF\Mvc\Dispatcher->dispatchClass('BlackTea\\SteamA...', 'Getsummaries', Object(XF\Mvc\RouteMatch), Object(BlackTea\SteamAuth\Pub\Controller\Steam), NULL)
#4 src/XF/Mvc/Dispatcher.php(100): XF\Mvc\Dispatcher->dispatchFromMatch(Object(XF\Mvc\RouteMatch), Object(BlackTea\SteamAuth\Pub\Controller\Steam), NULL)
#5 src/XF/Mvc/Dispatcher.php(50): XF\Mvc\Dispatcher->dispatchLoop(Object(XF\Mvc\RouteMatch))
#6 src/XF/App.php(2177): XF\Mvc\Dispatcher->run()
#7 src/XF.php(390): XF\App->run()
#8 index.php(20): XF::runApp('XF\\Pub\\App')
#9 {main}

Last edited:
Ready and waiting :)

I haven't noticed any issues with the current version on XF 2.1. Just wasn't super willing to support non-finished software, if anything did arise during beta. Obviously, make sure you back up, and so on, as with all upgrades, but you shouldn't experience any problems with 1.7.7 (y)

Unfortunately, it doesn't tell us much right now. Again, though, not to be a meanie, but it'd be really nice if you PMed us the errors; I don't normally offer support on the thread itself. And, I don't want to clutter it up with stacktraces ;)

For what it's worth, I don't think it is directly caused by our add-on. And, if it is happening often, it might be worth disabling some of your other add-ons and seeing yourself if it goes away. If you manage to find a way to consistently replicate it, let me know and we'll definitely look into it. But, I haven't noticed this on any of the larger sites using the add-on.

And, if it is happening often, it might be worth disabling some of your other add-ons and seeing yourself if it goes away
I have now disabled all add-ons and enabled them individually and the error is gone. Somebody has to explain that to me.

Last edited:
Make sure you back everything up, for sure. And, from there, do /not/ uninstall the original add-on. Simply upgrade to XF2, install our add-on, and then press the 'migrate xf1' button in the Steam add-on settings.
Can I uninstall the legacy addon after that?

I've pressed the "Migrate XF1" button and got redirected to the acp homepage quite immediately. But I cannot tell if the migration was successful or not. Furthermore it's missing an icon in the ACP navigation and addon overview:

The product page says:
  • IMPORTANT: Data importer for XenForo 1 - no need to lose your existing userbase
    Please see the included README file for instructions

However I don't see a README file in the downloaded archive.

Could you add a styling option to have the steam card in the top right of the message box on desktop please? This was in an XF1 version of this that I had and it was quite nice for making the thread view more compact and reduced clutter in the postbit :)

Top Bottom