XF2 [S70] Steam Authentication and Integration (Connected Accounts) - NEW: ANALYTICS, XF1...

Fairly large update.

This adds the highly requested stats feature. The add-on now has more or less the same feature set as the XF1 version but with some significant improvements and additional features.

We've also added control and rate limiting to the analytics cronjobs. This fixes a lot of the issues that large forums ran into when using the stats feature on XenForo 1.

Worth noting, though, that if you do not intend on using the stats added in the latest update, you can disable the cron entirely via the XenForo cronjob settings so that your Steam API key doesn't get hit unnecessarily (y)

Additionally, this overhauls the settings tab. Everything there should be a lot more clear and user-friendly now. Unfortunately, this means there is some extra work for those of you who have translated the add-on into another language ;)

Got it! Super update :) Was waiting for this one. (y)

Feel free to shoot me a message if you notice any issue! Also, worth noting, for existing forums, the game stats won't be built until about five minutes after the add-on is upgraded. So, if you don't see anything there for the first few minutes, it's not a bug ;)

Feel free to shoot me a message if you notice any issue! Also, worth noting, for existing forums, the game stats won't be built until about five minutes after the add-on is upgraded. So, if you don't see anything there for the first few minutes, it's not a bug ;)

Not add-on related per se, but is there an easy way to hide the "Steam" navigation for guests? And only show it to logged in users?

@Assadi When members are browsing Steam pages, the overview of current visitors are saying members are "viewing an unknown page".
Would be good if we can phrase those to active players, owned games etc.

We have the same issue as @Madhuse , not all users linked to Steam shows in the list over active players. Quite a few of them shows actually.

I'm still waiting for a response from Madhuse in regards to his particular situation. But, in general, these stats simply will never be as complete and detailed as they once were back in the XF1 days.

The problem is that when Valve released their privacy settings update, they defaulted games privacy to private my default whereas in the past, profiles were public by default.

So, this is not actually a bug but more so simply an unfortunate situation imposed by Valve. I would say it is unlikely that you will ever see more than 1/10th of your users in the analytics page going forward.

I would also think this goes for profiles?

Here is mine after Valve changed its privacy settings.
1526894995715.webp
And still dont show in the list. Which I think it should, as all is public.

Is it a separate privacy setting for games them selfes?

I would also think this goes for profiles?

Here is mine after Valve changed its privacy settings.
View attachment 175907
And still dont show in the list. Which I think it should, as all is public.

Is it a separate privacy setting for games them selfes?

Yes, you're on the correct page. In your particular case, your profile probably just hasn't been processed yet. Members are updated in batches to prevent excessive load. So, if you've got a lot of users, it can take some time before it gets to everyone.

But, if you'd like to send me a PM, we can double check.

I'd like to remind everyone that support is not provided on the thread itself. If you run into any bugs or simply need help, please use one of the many contact methods in the resource listing before posting :)

Assadi updated XF2 [S70] Steam Authentication and Integration (Connected Accounts) - NEW: ANALYTICS, XF1 IMPORTING with a new update entry:

Privacy notice and bug fixes

Changes:
  • Prevent exception when the API cannot access user games
  • Prevent users from being unnecessarily re-checked when their games are private
  • Fix minor bug when translating Steam routes
  • Add notice for users who cannot be queried when browsing Steam analytics
  • Update README to clarify Valve's new privacy settings
  • Increase default delay when querying game info (this does not affect existing installs)

Read the rest of this update entry...

Hey assadi there's an image that it's not showing. can you fix it please, or how can i fix it ?
To view this content we will need your consent to set third party cookies.
For more detailed information, see our cookies page.

Hey assadi there's an image that it's not showing. can you fix it please, or how can i fix it ?
To view this content we will need your consent to set third party cookies.
For more detailed information, see our cookies page.

Hey,

The images are pulled from Valve's servers; they're not stored locally. Unfortunately, Valve simply doesn't have an image for this game so it is showing as missing.

I'll look into a better way of dealing with it, though. But, for now, there's no quick fix.

Also, again, to everybody, for future reference, please use one of the official support channels we provide. You can find a list of them in the resource description and in the add-on's readme file (y)

Just purchased this great add-on, had my eyes on this one since xf1, will see how this works out in our little gaming community :)

I have just one suggestion or wish, currently in the "Most owned games" list the title and the number of users link to the game page on steam. Can you change the number of user to show a detailed list of users who own this game. That would be great. We are always looking for games to play and this would be really useful.

Steam_users.webp

Another great feature, would be the possibility to link a thread to a game and show, who owns the game (maybe in the postbit of users replying), but this could also be manually accomplished by linking to the above mentioned number of users :)

Back
Top Bottom