• This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn more.

XF 2.0 XF2 creating addon via CLI and I continue to get "no Such file or directory"

Chris D

XenForo developer
Staff member
It likely suggests that the src/addons directory is not writeable by whichever user the command is running as.

Are you developing on a remote server or a local server (e.g. WAMP or similar?)

Dannymh

It likely suggests that the src/addons directory is not writeable by whichever user the command is running as.

Are you developing on a remote server or a local server (e.g. WAMP or similar?)
Developing locally with bitnami installed on mac, directory has full Read and Write access

Mike

XenForo developer
Staff member
If you add --verbose when you run the command, it should give a full backtrace. (Alternatively, there's probably one logged in the control panel.)

Dannymh

If you add --verbose when you run the command, it should give a full backtrace. (Alternatively, there's probably one logged in the control panel.)
Verbose isnt giving me any more cluse

Code:
dmba2:XF2 dmba$ php cmd.php xf-addon:create --verbose
Enter an ID for this add-on: Silvertails/demo
No such file or directory
Enter an ID for this add-on:
Also nothing is going into the admin logs either

Dannymh

i'll run it up on my linux machine later and see if I can get it working, however would prefer it working on the mac as its my main and travel computer

Chris D

XenForo developer
Staff member
Certainly should work on a Mac.

I'm actually quite confused because there really shouldn't be anything happening between answering that question and the next question.

The only thing we do is check if the add-on files already exist, but even then we would return a sensible error.

Just to check - are you running Beta 7?

Mike

XenForo developer
Staff member
This is quite possibly DB related and your CLI PHP is looking for the DB connection socket at a different location than your web server. If you change your src/config.php to 127.0.0.1 instead of localhost and that fixes it, that's the cause.

Dannymh

This is quite possibly DB related and your CLI PHP is looking for the DB connection socket at a different location than your web server. If you change your src/config.php to 127.0.0.1 instead of localhost and that fixes it, that's the cause.
Winner that fixed it thank you!

mcatze

I had the same problem. The folders are writeable and also change localhost to 127.0.0.1 changes nothing.

I use Mamp Pro 4.2.1 on a Mac and got the following errors if i want to create an add-on.

Code:
Matthiass-Mini:xen2 McAtze$ php cmd.php xf-addon:create --verbose
Enter an ID for this add-on: ITM/Cookies
 Connection refused
Enter an ID for this add-on: