XF2 [8WR] XenPorta 2 (Portal) PRO

XF2 [8WR] XenPorta 2 (Portal) PRO [Paid] 2.2.0.7

No permission to buy ($40.00)
We use @Jaxel 's XenAtendo 2 and XenPorta 2 Both are 'must have' add ons for us.

We use 'Promote to Article' to advertise the majority of our social events on our homepage.

However, we use the 'Promote to Feature' for all social events that are just specific to 'motorcycle racing'.

View attachment 269617

As you can see, there's quite a few events that it scrolls through, but there's nowhere I can tell people what all these 'features' are.

What I want to do is put a heading at the top, that describes what these events are - ie. Racing.

Does anyone know of a way to do this?

Cheers

Graham
would using this feature work for you.
It is not giving you the 2nd description, but it gives you an option to change the thread description inside the featured block.

Use custom title and excerpt

Last edited:
I'm having issues with the articles, not the features. And it doesn't let me type in the message part of that, even when ticking off the box to alter it.

So, I checked the permission settings for the add-on, and you do not have to set permissions to get that to work.
I also checked the Widget settings, and there is nothing. To be honest, It just works for me with no issues. The box is grayed out for me as well, But when I click inside it, it becomes active. Try to change Browsers to see if there is an issue with your browser.
To be honest this feature should just work.

Okay I figured out the issue. It was the browser, so thanks for suggesting that I change it!
There's an issue with the author images though, when I go to make an author and attempt to use an image it comes up as the placeholder image (to the left).

1655268343748.webp

Apologies for posting so much! I did try to figure out the issue with this but I couldn't find any, so I'm not entirely sure what's causing it!

Okay I figured out the issue. It was the browser, so thanks for suggesting that I change it!
There's an issue with the author images though, when I go to make an author and attempt to use an image it comes up as the placeholder image (to the left).

View attachment 269671

Apologies for posting so much! I did try to figure out the issue with this but I couldn't find any, so I'm not entirely sure what's causing it!
Web capture_15-6-2022_05533_user.oo5dynasty.com.webp
The image size needs to be 150x200 Pixels
Also, that is looking like the image is not displaying correctly, as if the file is not found.
Web capture_15-6-2022_1249_user.oo5dynasty.com.webp

Also, I'm using https://xenforo.com/community/resources/xenporta-improvements.7515/
Web capture_15-6-2022_1518_user.oo5dynasty.com.webp

View attachment 269672
The image size needs to be 150x200 Pixels
Also, that is looking like the image is not displaying correctly, as if the file is not found.
View attachment 269673

Also, I'm using https://xenforo.com/community/resources/xenporta-improvements.7515/
View attachment 269674

I tried this and I'm still getting the same issue. It seems to not keep the image once I've uploaded and saved the author.
I also checked the size of it and it should be fine. Not sure what's happening.

I tried this and I'm still getting the same issue. It seems to not keep the image once I've uploaded and saved the author.
I also checked the size of it and it should be fine. Not sure what's happening.
Go to Groups & permissions and check your user group permissions for registered members.
Take your time scrolling down, and make sure you have any permission that might say allow members to view attachments or photos, etc.
That seems like you do not have permission to view the image after it's uploaded.
I could be wrong

My plan includes the idea of a portal to the baby community. Question 1: When I buy xenporta, is 40 dollars a year license price? Or can I access all versions with a single fee like the spaminator plugin? Question 2: There is no PayPal in Turkey, is there an option to pay with a credit card? @Jaxel
and I guess. xenporta with a subdomain will not work. It works like domain.com/portal, right?

Last edited:
Go to Groups & permissions and check your user group permissions for registered members.
Take your time scrolling down, and make sure you have any permission that might say allow members to view attachments or photos, etc.
That seems like you do not have permission to view the image after it's uploaded.
I could be wrong
Still didn't seem to work unfortunately. I think it might just be an incompatible thing with the theme I'm using. I'll let you know if I've found a solution!

My plan includes the idea of a portal to the baby community. Question 1: When I buy xenporta, is 40 dollars a year license price? Or can I access all versions with a single fee like the spaminator plugin? Question 2: There is no PayPal in Turkey, is there an option to pay with a credit card? @Jaxel
and I guess. xenporta with a subdomain will not work. It works like domain.com/portal, right?
It is a one time fee for Xenporta 2. No ongoing maintenance. He did make people repurchase going from XF1 to 2 but that's because he basically redeveloped the software. The default setup is actually a portal page in your domain, ew_porta, with it set as the homepage.

It is a one time fee for Xenporta 2. No ongoing maintenance. He did make people repurchase going from XF1 to 2 but that's because he basically redeveloped the software. The default setup is actually a portal page in your domain, ew_porta, with it set as the homepage.
thanks a lot for the reply

I have a problem with the features. The topic title is there but the image I uploaded isnt.
feature slider.webp
It seems that the image was nog uploaded because the image is not showing up in the atachments-browser in AdminCP

Top Bottom