XF2 [8WR] Database Backup

XF2 [8WR] Database Backup [Paid] 2.1.0.8

No permission to buy ($10.00)
Well this is coming in handy right now.... thank you @Jaxel

Can someone tell me.. if I want to exclude another directory during back up in addition to my backup directory... what is the proper syntax to add another??

--exclude='nightly_backup'

^^^^ ----> I am not sure how to add an additional directory to that properly. Any help is appreciated.

I've installed this for a client and I'm not finding the sql file after running the cron job. All I see is the _structure.rar. There is no sql file anywhere. Am I missing something here?

On the face of it, it looks like a cracking add-on, and wish I'd had it ages ago.

Have installed it, and have been assured by our host that our server meets the requirements, but I get this message when I try to run the cron manually...

Internal Server Error
The server encountered an internal error or misconfiguration and was unable to complete your request.
Please contact the server administrator at webmaster@thisisourdomain.co.uk to inform them of the time this error occurred, and the actions you performed just before this error.
More information about this error may be available in the server error log.

I'm pretty sure I've configured it correctly.

Any suggestions?

My suggestion to @Jaxel is that at the bottom of the options page, there's a 'test' button that will try writing a small file to the configured site, to make sure everything's configured correctly.

Last edited:
I think I've got it running and configured correctly now.

One slight worry is that our cPanel server is saying that our database is 767mb
Screenshot 2018-10-12 at 19.01.06.webp

But the backup is only 247mb
Screenshot 2018-10-12 at 19.01.30.webp

We don't have compression turned on, so I assumed the sizes would be pretty similar.

Any thoughts?

July 9, 2018 is the last time Jaxel was on here? *Sigh* well guess he will not be supporting this add-on. Its a shame that my client wasted their money on this and it does not work fully as expected.

@Jaxel
How to set up a backup twice a day?
Thats a tough one. I haven't quite figured out a good way to have a scheduling system for this addon. So right now, it uses the XF2 cron-job system... You need to turn your forum into debug mode and edit the cron job directly in the tools menu.

Top Bottom