XF2 [8WR] Database Backup

XF2 [8WR] Database Backup [Paid] 2.1.0.8

No permission to buy ($10.00)
Very simple question but how can I restore the backup of database ? Does Cpanel database restore feature support this database backup format ?

i'm using plesk, but would assume cpanel does the same thing. i'm assuming this is more for those using neither. plesk backups the database on a daily base and will to offsite locations also.

i'm using plesk, but would assume cpanel does the same thing. i'm assuming this is more for those using neither. plesk backups the database on a daily base and will to offsite locations also.
How do you restore the backup of Database taken by this application @gforce ?

Well the files are obvious. You unzip the files, and move the files to the correct directory. Like where your XF installation is on the server.

Then you need to restore your mysql tables. You can either use phpmyadmin which should be installed on most servers. Or you use ssh client and do.
mysql -udatabase_user -p database_name < backup.sql

I have just ordered and started to this great addon. It seems to be working perfect.

But I have a problem with Remote option. Somehow can not able to transfer backup files to FTP server. As an example what I have tried:

1-Create a folder as "backup" and set CHMOD value as 777 at FTP server
2- Only enable mySQL database backup from addon setting page
3- As an example I set the FTP page like this.

FTP Server IP: 194.10.10.1
FTP User name : abc
Domain name : xy.com

What do I miss ??

Screenshot_1.webp

Jaxel updated XF2 [8WR] Database Backup with a new update entry:

2.0.0.5 - CHANGELOG

Read the rest of this update entry...

Thanks for the upgrade. Especially for this new revision.

This addon will no longer re-open your board after running a backup, if your board was closed originally.

LOVE this add-on @Jaxel thank you! Is there something special we need to do in order to modify the cron entries? It won't let me change anything?

Thank you, @mkucuksari ....I got it taken care of and was able to set the time and days as preferred. Love that this not only backs up the entire SQL database (because my host cannot do INNODB restores, so this is essential) but the fact that it also backs up our entire XF installation is absolutely awesome. A+ @Jaxel ...I wish I had grabbed this sooner.

Or you can create your own new Cron, similar to original one.
But in that case you would have 2 crons running, cause the old one is running. I don't remember what the value was, but it would mean you would backup your board twice a day and it would close your forum twice a day.

But in that case you would have 2 crons running, cause the old one is running. I don't remember what the value was, but it would mean you would backup your board twice a day and it would close your forum twice a day.

You could disable the original. I am fine with using debug mode to quickly change the time... just need to calculate it right between UTC, my timezone and whatever friggin timezone my webserver is in so I can get it around 2/3AM eastern time lol

Hiya @Jaxel

Another fine piece of work - thank you :)

Question - Any plans to add any other alternative 3rd parties - for example dropbox would be more useful for me... (personal preference i know!)

Many Thanks
Paul

I don't know if anyone else has experienced this or maybe @Jaxel can help....I have set up my night backup (after much trial and error) to run around 3AM ..after a lot of changing times and playing with the CRON entry. It is set to backup to both my server, in a directory I made, but also to amazon S3 for an off site secure location.

The first one went well.... in FTP it creates a daily folder and places the SQL database and then forum/website structure in it. Same in Amazon S3.

Now I am noticing while the FTP is still fine, in AmazonS3 not only is it creating the folder and placing the files in it as it should - but it is creating HUNDREDS of documents like "2018-08-27-19-52-45-5B12A208153DBAE9" that are rather small but placing them outside the folder just in the Amazon S3 I guess "main" directory -- but it's a ton of put requests in addition over and above what is necessary.

What do I do? I am a little lost. I like the idea of a safe off site storage in case anything ever happened with my host...but it seems to be acting "up?"

Thanks!

Top Bottom