XF2 [8WR] Database Backup

XF2 [8WR] Database Backup [Paid] 2.1.0.8

No permission to buy ($10.00)
We use a digitalocean VPS, but I think AWS doesn't work on my account since for some weird reason they charged me 30c but I never got an email so I never got a chance to pay it so they terminated the account with not receiving any warning. :/
They don't seem to care at all about multiple accounts...

It seems he's still around, so hopefully he can post an update. Although your article suggests that if his app supports 401s, then it still should work with an updated 'offline' token. I've no idea if that's already baked in.

It seems he's still around, so hopefully he can post an update. Although your article suggests that if his app supports 401s, then it still should work with an updated 'offline' token. I've no idea if that's already baked in.

It doesn't appear to be. My test site had this addon installed prior to Dropbox changing its policy, and it still works fine. That's because Dropbox is (for now) continuing to allow for already-created long-lived access tokens. However, it won't permit the creation of any new long-lived tokens.

So, when I went to install this addon on my production site, it worked for a few days and then began receiving 401 errors with the message that the token had expired. The addon ceased working with Dropbox at that point, which leads me to believe that it does not support "offline" tokens.

Perhaps @Jaxel can clarify this?

• Sad
Reactions: fly
I just tested this, and I can't reproduce any issues...

I did notice that you must generate a new access token AFTER you apply your permissions; as permissions will not be applied to old tokens after they are changed. So give your app the files.content.write permissions, and then click Generate Access Token.

Will see if in a few days, the token expires or not... but I don't see anywhere in the console to create "offline tokens", whatever those are.

Reactions: fly
Jaxel updated XF2 [8WR] Database Backup with a new update entry:

2.1.0.8 - CHANGELOG

• Dropbox: Updated integration to support their new OAuth refresh tokens. Dropbox is getting rid of permanent app tokens; even though their app console still allows you to create new app tokens, they expire after 4 hours. To solve this, the integration has to be changed to get offline refresh tokens.

After setting your Dropbox Application Key/Secret in the admin CP and clicking save, a new option will appear underneath them with a link to request an authorization access...

Read the rest of this update entry...

@Jaxel

If you have time, could you please look into Google Drive?

Dropbox free tier only has 2 GB storage, but Google Drive offers 15 GB.

Also many people should have paid gdrive accounts.

Thank you.

@Jaxel

If you have time, could you please look into Google Drive?

Dropbox free tier only has 2 GB storage, but Google Drive offers 15 GB.

Also many people should have paid gdrive accounts.

Thank you.

I'm hesitant to do anything with Google APIs at this point. Google has become so big that it's full on Silicon Valley ideological, even in it's programming. Having done so much with the YouTube APIs in the past and having things constantly break and features disappear out of nowhere with no replacement, makes me not want to touch any of it. Their API is not designed for developers; it's designed for bureaucrats.

Reactions: sbj
Thanks, I understand.

Their API for gdrive should be pretty much stable at this point. Just need to be able to upload stuff with permission. But I understand of course.
One other thing could be if the hassle is too much because they change their API all the time, you could drop the support for gdrive. If you decide to do it and if you have the time of course, just mention it with the release and we all are prepared for it.

Also mega.nz with 20 gb free space could also be a good one.

Most of us don't have big databases which means 15-20 gb can store a lot of databases.

I just use it for "just in case". Having free options to have a 3rd or 4th backup is always nice.

Thanks.

I just upgraded, then realized I still have a long lived token. Do I need to do anything different?

FYI,

Because of the file size of the new version (4.2 MB), I had to change my PHP settings to prevent this error:

"Could not process EWR-Backup-2.1.0.8.zip: The uploaded file is too large for the server to process."

1667934269688.png

Last edited:
I have purchased and installed and configured. Now I am looking to manually start a backup but can't find that option. what am I missing?

thank you! It took longer than I anticipated - after 10 mins the backup showed up.and that with very few entries into a new forum and compression disabled ...

thank you! It took longer than I anticipated - after 10 mins the backup showed up.and that with very few entries into a new forum and compression disabled ...
I’d imagine you have some things to tweak on your server then - I backup a forum with 12,000 attachments and just under a million posts in around 2 minutes.

I'm not able to tell by the screens and info, but is it possible to customize the exec command?
What I'm looking for is an option to create a backup from MySQL database running in a container, the backup command would be something like this:

Bash:
docker exec <CONTAINER NAME> /usr/bin/mysqldump -u <DATABASE USERNAME> --password=<DATABASE USER PASSWORD> <DATABASE NAME> > backup.sql

My guess is that it will try to just execute the mysqldump command which is not found since is not installed in the host.

Top Bottom