XF2 [8WR] Database Backup

XF2 [8WR] Database Backup [Paid] 2.1.0.8

No permission to buy ($10.00)
I'm not able to tell by the screens and info, but is it possible to customize the exec command?
What I'm looking for is an option to create a backup from MySQL database running in a container, the backup command would be something like this:

Bash:
docker exec <CONTAINER NAME> /usr/bin/mysqldump -u <DATABASE USERNAME> --password=<DATABASE USER PASSWORD> <DATABASE NAME> > backup.sql

My guess is that it will try to just execute the mysqldump command which is not found since is not installed in the host.
If that's the case, could you just make a script called 'mysqldump' that does that?

Until you get an official answer, why not try it!? Should just take a couple minutes to test.
Well, I'm asking before buying the addon.

Why don't you just make your own cron job with the exec?
Yeah, that is what I have been doing but found it really handy that you can do and check the backups from XF itself. And you can put the forum in maintenance mode automatically.

Reactions: fly
Hi,

using PHP 8.1 I get the following error (if dev mode is enabled):

• [E_DEPRECATED] Return type of Tightenco\Collect\Support\Collection::offsetExists($key) should either be compatible with ArrayAccess::offsetExists(mixed $offset): bool, or the #[\ReturnTypeWillChange] attribute should be used to temporarily suppress the notice
    src/addons/EWR/Backup/vendor/tightenco/collect/src/Collect/Support/Collection.php:2060

Hi,

we have the add-on bought and installed on one forum. For Database everything works as expected. Split works gz works.
For the file structure split does not seem to work. Background Database is about 5GB uncompressed and structured Data around 550GB.
Maybe I did some settings not correctly:

forum-backup.png
And one more question is there a way to cancel the backup job from the admin console (web access) ? As the job runs around 14-15 hours at the moment and that makes testing quite hard.

Thanks for any help,

Stefan

P.S.: OMG after now the Backup finished making the structure.tar it begins the split ... hmm ... maybe would be an optimisation to integrate the split right with the tar so not double the space is needed.

Last edited:
Splitting is a two step process. It does the backup first, which as you said, takes 15 hours. It then splits it after the fact... who knows how long that will take... or if your server timed out during the backup and the splitting never even got started.

When I try and build an addon whilst I have this installed it throws errors. I need to disable this addon before being able to use the CMD addon commands. I have not tested the other cmd.php commands however

Code:
[*]ErrorException: Fatal Error: During inheritance of ArrayAccess: Uncaught ErrorException: [E_DEPRECATED] Return type of Tightenco\Collect\Support\Collection::offsetExists($key) should either be compatible with ArrayAccess::offsetExists(mixed $offset): bool, or the #[\ReturnTypeWillChange] attribute should be used to temporarily suppress the notice in /var/www/html/manic/devsite/src/addons/EWR/Backup/vendor/tightenco/collect/src/Collect/Support/Collection.php:2060 Stack trace: #0 /var/www/html/manic/devsite/src/addons/EWR/Backup/vendor/tightenco/collect/src/Collect/Support/Collection.php(40): XF::handlePhpError(8192, '...', '...', 2060) #1

Additionally it looks as though you are distributing this with a version of guzzle other than the default xenforo one.

Last edited:
When I try and build an addon whilst I have this installed it throws errors. I need to disable this addon before being able to use the CMD addon commands. I have not tested the other cmd.php commands however

Code:
[LIST]
[*]ErrorException: Fatal Error: During inheritance of ArrayAccess: Uncaught ErrorException: [E_DEPRECATED] Return type of Tightenco\Collect\Support\Collection::offsetExists($key) should either be compatible with ArrayAccess::offsetExists(mixed $offset): bool, or the #[\ReturnTypeWillChange] attribute should be used to temporarily suppress the notice in /var/www/html/manic/devsite/src/addons/EWR/Backup/vendor/tightenco/collect/src/Collect/Support/Collection.php:2060 Stack trace: #0 /var/www/html/manic/devsite/src/addons/EWR/Backup/vendor/tightenco/collect/src/Collect/Support/Collection.php(40): XF::handlePhpError(8192, '...', '...', 2060) #1
[/LIST]

Additionally it looks as though you are distributing this with a version of guzzle other than the default xenforo one.
What version of php are you using?

I have a full WHM backup executed every night via offsite FTP but would like to do just XF backups to FTP multiple times per 24 hrs. Has this ever been considered?

Not on all sites but considering for just one very busy one I help manage, plus it's a PITA to extract and restore just one SQL dump from a WHM server.tar.gz accounts backup file. They like to be safe... :cool:

Last edited:
@Jaxel just a quick question here, I purchased this add-on a day or two ago and I don't believe it's had a chance to run yet. When I go to 'backup history' under the 'tools' section in the admin panel, it states the following 'The directory internal_data/backups does not contain the expected contents.' Would this be normal behavior seeing as the cron job has yet to run or, does this have to do with the default custom dump option which is set to exclude that directory?

Another question in regard to the cron entry, when you configure this add-on's options it says you can change the schedule for backups by editing the cron entry, but in the admin panel the fields are not editable at all. So is this expected behavior or do we have to edit the php file?

Any other logs apart from _ftplog.txt to check why it won't connect to the ftp server? I can connect and put files manually via cli, but the script fails for whatever reason. Same username/password/path being used. Or does it not support sftp?

Code:
cat _ftplog.txt
-- Connecting to 80.xxx.xxx.xxx:22...
-- Failed to connect to remote FTP host...
ubuntu@xxxxx:/var/www/xxxx/forums/internal_data/backups/2024-04-04$ !sf
sftp xxx@80.xxx.xxx.xxx
xxx@80.xxx.xxx.xxx's password:
Connected to 80.xxx.xxx.xxx.
sftp>

Last edited:
Top Bottom