XF2.3 feedback and comments

On desktop, when viewing the forums page (/community), if I hover the mouse cursor over a forum node name/link, I see a small graphic/icon appear near the end of the name/link text but I do not see the tooltip with the node's description. I also don't know what that graphic/icon is supposed to be.

The darkest black shade (backrgound, sidebars) should be lighter (less dark).
We intentionally make use of black in order to allow OLED and mini LED displays to save energy.

While the colours may seem to be quite contrasty, many are at the lower limit of contrast for Lighthouse to consider the design accessible.

Of course, admins may trivially change the default colours on their own sites.

We intentionally make use of black in order to allow OLED and mini LED displays to save energy.

While the colours may seem to be quite contrasty, many are at the lower limit of contrast for Lighthouse to consider the design accessible.

Of course, admins may trivially change the default colours on their own sites.
This makes sense considering you were the one that told us about this new dark style.
The beauty of it is we can tweak the colours if we want a brighter and colourful background.

This is a feature, not a bug.

You may now send a direct message to yourself.
omg I can now talk to myself online as well as in real life! Glorious! :D

But seriously, Microsoft Teams has this feature which is very handy for making notes... and silly jokes about talking to yourself, to yourself.

@Chris D

Just a little feedback on the new dark mode now I've had a day to get used to it.

It's great and is so dark that it looks like someone's switched the light off. However, I would tweak the text colour on the home page to something a little lighter. It can still be blue, perhaps, but just a bit brighter I think would look a little better. I'd have to experiment to suggest any particular colour and I know we can tweak to our heart's content for our own sites.

btw, I like the instant switching between light and dark - no page loading delays. (y)

Top Bottom