XF2.3 feedback and comments

On my calibrated monitor, the blue is tinted enough that it looks blue and not white. Any lighter and it would be too difficult for some to distinguish from white/light grey. And any darker, it would be too difficult to read. Maybe just a touch more saturation is all I'd do to it, but that's under my control on my own sites. Just my opinion anyway.

However, different people also have different types and levels of color-blindness. So shades of green and blue may not be as perceptible to some users as it is to others. From the site sightsavers.com:

1701476707528.webp

Of course, admins may trivially change the default colours on their own sites.
Agreed, and that's what I've been saying all along. It is so easy to change colors on the admin side of XF that to me it is a non-issue.

We intentionally make use of black in order to allow OLED and mini LED displays to save energy.
I never considered energy usage but that makes perfect sense. 👍

@Paul B seem to have an issue on probably 1 in every 3 posts whereby once I've pressed post reply and revisit the thread (notification of a reply) that my previous reply is still drafted in the editor despite having posted it. Android 119 Chrome 10.
Screenshot_20231202_063000.webp

Also is it intentional that you cannot search for members in /members on mobile? I see the usual notable members etc but no search bar to manually search. If I revert to desktop mode I see the search sidebar but not on mobile.

Normally it would appear when you press the menu button under the page heading, but it looks like pulling open side-navigation menus is broken on mobile.

Also the members hamburger menu doesn't work on Chrome 119 android 10. Doesn't drop down.
Screenshot_20231202_070112.webp

Ninja'd by @Jeremy P

Can confirm this is all hamburger menus. Same effects for profiles.

Last edited:
Do you mean videos can't be inserted into the editor, or they don't play?
When I wrote this message the videos could not be attached (uploaded) Last night I tried, the video is attached (uploaded) but I can't insert it into the editor, i.e. inside the text just like I do for images.

I think the style chooser could be clearer. Currently it is just a symbol next to the Cookie consent link. I think it would be better if it had the text Style or Style variation/chooser or something.

If it is necessary to have word cookies to explain what the link is, then it is also necessary for the styles. They are not obvious from the icon alone, e.g. the cookie icon looks like it could be a pizza so it needs the text. The style for light (a sun icon) could be interpreted as a cogwheel icon. And the system icon doesn't suggest anything in particular .

Hence I'm hoping we could (optionally) have a text there to explain, as with all the other links down there.

Some inconsistency re: the renaming of conversations - still there in the moderation:

Screenshot 2023-12-02 at 14.12.33.webp

Last edited:
Some inconsistency re: the renaming of conversations - still there in the moderation:
giphy.webp

Hmmf

Took me around 10 tries to get that last reply posted. I would click "post reply" and see the animated lines in the top right corner like it was processing but it would not post. I eventually added the Hmmf text and it posted.

2.3 continue to use line breaks instead of paragraph tags for post content. Just an observation. Of course they didn't announce any change about this. Was being discussed heavily in one thread few years ago.

Maybe they would reconsider this once they move on to new editor. I believe it was mentioned somewhere that they are going to switch to something else in future.

I think the style chooser could be clearer. Currently it is just a symbol next to the Cookie consent link. I think it would be better if it had the text Style or Style variation/chooser or something.

If it is necessary to have word cookies to explain what the link is, then it is also necessary for the styles. They are not obvious from the icon alone, e.g. the cookie icon looks like it could be a pizza so it needs the text. The style for light (a sun icon) could be interpreted as a cogwheel icon. And the system icon doesn't suggest anything in particular .

Hence I'm hoping we could (optionally) have a text there to explain, as with all the other links down there.
Having said all that, I think as the style dark or light is down to the preference of the user, then I would want it to be (guess where?) yes.. preferences ()where it used to be???). Very few people will find it tucked away down there.

Last edited:
Top Bottom