XF 2.1 XF RC1 will not install

Whilst your home page is running PHP Version 5.6.37, your forums are actually running on 5.4.45. Visit your forums home page and add info.php onto the URL to see this (which I've just done to check).

Haven't we had a similar situation before?

You have something on the server that is conditionally overriding the PHP version used specifically in certain directories:

Haven't we had a similar situation before?

You have something on the server that is conditionally overriding the PHP version used specifically in certain directories:
Issue that @Mr Lucky had on one of my servers, as the there were multiple .htaccess and cPanel inserts the PHP handler code into there, so different directories for the same domain can run different PHP versions.

Issue that @Mr Lucky had on one of my servers, as the there were multiple .htaccess and cPanel inserts the PHP handler code into there, so different directories for the same domain can run different PHP versions.

Here:

In my case the confusion was because I had installed a test forum in a sub directory, copied all the main forum files across including .htaccess. So when I upgraded the php on server to 7.2. it did in fact upgrade (and changed the root .htaccess) , but because the .htaccess in the subdirectory still referred to 5.6, then there was a message in the test from saying it was on 5.6, (but was in fact on 7.2)

How to make matt scratch his head (but not for long)

Ideally even PHP 7.3.1 (though we would recommend skipping PHP 7.3.0 entirely).

Just recommended 7.2 because it's the latest supported by WHM/cPanel. They have said that they're planning on adding 7.3 support to EasyApache this year around the release of cPanel 80:

Looks like they're targeting around April :)

Bluehost is currently only offering 7.x beta and have for years that I know of with no idea when they will update their offering.

That's... interesting. PHP 7.0 was released in December 2015, and PHP 5.6 is EOL and no longer receiving official security updates as of a few weeks ago. I'd recommend getting onto them about it or moving hosts as that's crazy that they don't support it 3 years later

Top Bottom