• This forum has been archived. New threads and replies may not be made. All add-ons/resources that are active should be migrated to the Resource Manager. See this thread for more information.

XF Optimise

Status
Not open for further replies.
ok now the error has changed, I've 777'ed the perms and this is what I'm getting now:

file_put_contents(js/xenmoods/xenmoods.js) [function.file-put-contents]: failed to open stream: Permission denied
  1. XenForo_Application::handlePhpError()
  2. file_put_contents() in Dark/XFOptimise/ControllerAdmin/Kondou.php at line 56
  3. Dark_XFOptimise_ControllerAdmin_Kondou->actionMinifyjs() in XenForo/FrontController.php at line 310
  4. XenForo_FrontController->dispatch() in XenForo/FrontController.php at line 132
  5. XenForo_FrontController->run() in /home/iestyn/public_html/admin.php at line 13

Try commenting out the two XenForo_Helper_File::makeWritableByFtpUser lines in /library/Dark/XFOptimise/ControllerAdmin/Kondou.php (58 and 59), and if necessary line 37 too.

Changed it back and still got the same problem. The only other two addons I've got are include banned user in count and xenmoods, so doubt it's a conflict :-/

Changed it back and still got the same problem. The only other two addons I've got are include banned user in count and xenmoods, so doubt it's a conflict :-/
Very odd try 777 all the files in Js and js-old (as a test remmber to change them back)
other than that I have no idea best wait for Dark to reply

Very odd try 777 all the files in Js and js-old (as a test remmber to change them back)
other than that I have no idea best wait for Dark to reply

I'll have a go in a sec and let you know how I get on later. Thanks for the help anyway mate :) I've just followed you on Twitter too :) thanks mate.

Nothing I do seems to work, any ideas Darkimmortal? :(
You clearly have a permissions issue.

When I read your latest error message the first line is "file_put_contents(js/xenmoods/xenmoods.js) [function.file-put-contents]: failed to open stream: Permission denied". Check your JS folder and JS-old folders, make sure they are 777 and then check their sub-folders and ensure they are 777 as well. Once the process works, you can then change permissions back on the folders which do not require those permissions.

PS: anyone can give me advice to make my forum response shorter. Thanks in advance.

I visited your site. Your main forum page offers a 92/100 with PageSpeed. I selected a forum thread and it's score was 93/100. Both pages loaded quickly for me. You don't have much opportunity for improvement in term's of your page's code.

If you wanted to improve further, you can work on the few items indicated by PageSpeed. You can also move all your javascript and image files to a CDN. Is there a specific page speed problem?

I visited your site. Your main forum page offers a 92/100 with PageSpeed. I selected a forum thread and it's score was 93/100. Both pages loaded quickly for me. You don't have much opportunity for improvement in term's of your page's code.

If you wanted to improve further, you can work on the few items indicated by PageSpeed. You can also move all your javascript and image files to a CDN. Is there a specific page speed problem?

Thank you for your time to test my site.
I did not know that the score can get such high points.

Get this error message

chmod the right for js and js old 777

Code:
chmod() [function.chmod]: Operation not permitted

XenForo_Application::handlePhpError()
    chmod() in XenForo/Helper/File.php at line 122
    XenForo_Helper_File::makeWritableByFtpUser() in Dark/XFOptimise/ControllerAdmin/Kondou.php at line 37
    Dark_XFOptimise_ControllerAdmin_Kondou->actionMinifyjs() in XenForo/FrontController.php at line 310
    XenForo_FrontController->dispatch() in XenForo/FrontController.php at line 132
    XenForo_FrontController->run() in /var/www/xxx/html/forum/admin.php at line 13

Code:
ErrorException: chmod() [<a href='function.chmod'>function.chmod</a>]: Operation not permitted - library/XenForo/Helper/File.php:122

Stapelverfolgung

#0 [internal function]: XenForo_Application::handlePhpError('js-old/xenforo/...', 511) #1 /var/www/xxx/html/forum/library/XenForo/Helper/File.php(122): chmod('js-old/xenforo/...') #2 /var/www/xxx/html/forum/library/Dark/XFOptimise/ControllerAdmin/Kondou.php(37): XenForo_Helper_File::makeWritableByFtpUser() #3 /var/www/xxx/html/forum/library/XenForo/FrontController.php(310): Dark_XFOptimise_ControllerAdmin_Kondou->actionMinifyjs(Object(XenForo_RouteMatch)) #4 /var/www/xxx/html/forum/library/XenForo/FrontController.php(132): XenForo_FrontController->dispatch() #5 /var/www/xxx/html/forum/admin.php(13): XenForo_FrontController->run() #6 {main}

i'm also getting the exact same error as spiderman
i've ensured js and js-old are writable. (chmod -R 777)

are there any other files/folders that need to be writable?

if youre having permissions issues, try this:

Looks like the folder isn't owned by PHP or your server is just being really restrictive :/

Try commenting out the two XenForo_Helper_File::makeWritableByFtpUser lines in /library/Dark/XFOptimise/ControllerAdmin/Kondou.php (58 and 59), and if necessary line 37 too.

Reactions: s2k
Ok i had the same errors

chmod() [function.chmod]: Operation not permitted XenForo_Application::handlePhpError() chmod() in XenForo/Helper/File.php at line 122 XenForo_Helper_File::makeWritableByFtpUser() in Dark/XFOptimise/ControllerAdmin/Kondou.php at line 37 Dark_XFOptimise_ControllerAdmin_Kondou->actionMinifyjs() in XenForo/FrontController.php at line 310 XenForo_FrontController->dispatch() in XenForo/FrontController.php at line 132 XenForo_FrontController->run() in /var/www/xxx/html/forum/admin.php at line 13

But i sorted it with out editing helper file
I had been using filezilla to upload my files. But decided to try a differnt ftp program
the one iam using now is flashfxp uploaded the file overight the ones already there chmod too 777 there and tried again to install the addon to my surprice it works !!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom