XF 2.3 / 3.0 release date

My shared hosting tends to lag a lot on PHP upgrades. I am on 8.0 and can go up to 8.1 but 8.3 is probably months, if not a year, away for me.

The cynic (and pessimist) in me would say it's probably a good idea to wait for about 6 months until the PHP is patched, and then check if your application(s) (including the XenForo) work fine on the latest&greatest (and, by that time, probably patched at least once) PHP version.

This is not funny! There is too much work now. What should happen, if there is a new version!?
Instead of sleeping only six hours, i do the opposite, do not sleep at all and work faster to have 30 hours a day?
From my point of view a new version can come better in 2026 or 2028.

This is not funny! There is too much work now. What should happen, if there is a new version!?
Instead of sleeping only six hours, i do the opposite, do not sleep at all and work faster to have 30 hours a day?
From my point of view a new version can come better in 2026 or 2028.
This.
Don’t panic. Don’t let it stress you. Just get your forum ready for the upgrades.
I can assure you that there will be a minor upgrade before December 1 2023.
I reckon 2.3 will be added around Xmas.
@Chris D can confirm this once he’s able to.

This.
Don’t panic. Don’t let it stress you. Just get your forum ready for the upgrades.
I can assure you that there will be a minor upgrade before December 1 2023.
I reckon 2.3 will be added around Xmas.
@Chris D can confirm this once he’s able to.

We won't see 2.3 this year. The first beta, possibly, but certainly not a supported release. My guess for the actual 2.3 release would be around February/March but that's just a guess. Nobody knows for sure, which probably includes the devs.

If you're talking about 2.3 being added to this site, Chris has already said the goal is to get it on here by the end of this month so I'd expect it either next week or the week after.

My guess for the actual 2.3 release would be around February/March
My thinking as well. There was a month between 2.2 going live here (June 24) and Beta 1 (July 23) so if that holds this time, Beta 1 won't happen until the holidays (meaning probably get bumped to the beginning of January). So, yeah, giving a couple months for multiple betas and RCs, March seem probable to me.

We won't see 2.3 this year. The first beta, possibly, but certainly not a supported release. My guess for the actual 2.3 release would be around February/March but that's just a guess. Nobody knows for sure, which probably includes the devs.

If you're talking about 2.3 being added to this site, Chris has already said the goal is to get it on here by the end of this month so I'd expect it either next week or the week after.
I still think we might.
Why? Well think of it this way.
2.2.14 comes in tomorrow (for example 28/11/23)
2.3 could come a month after being 28/12/23
I'm not going to rule that out. Considering what @Chris D told me last week.
I kind of have to trust him on this because he's doing it all.

Wow! I really should sleep more! I was sure that i had not sent the last post.
And finally, we talk about 2.3, not about 3.0. Then there are not sooooooooooooooo much changes we have to care for?
I am still not finished with the new Resource Manager light (can collect water and give whine back! Now working on iron and gold.)

Tell Third Eye GIF by Denyse®

They haven't even upgraded xenforo.com to 2.3, or released a single beta. There will almost certainly not be a supported 2.3 release this year. They haven't even mentioned a single change for the first party add-ons yet
That was an example. Funny how you take it literally.
New Girl Facepalm GIF by HULU

Anyone else asking about release dates, etc. can be pointed to the first post in this thread: https://xenforo.com/community/threads/general-2-3-discussion.216667/

Release Schedule

There are no fixed dates but the release schedule will look something like this.
  • 2.3 Beta will be rolled out here some time between now and the end of 2023
  • After a period of time to allow for feedback, changes, bug fixes, etc. it will be released as a public Beta
    • we do not recommend installing beta versions on production sites but this allows developers and stylers time to update their products prior to the full release, as well as site owners to install it on test developments to create an upgrade plan
  • After a further period of time, more feedback, bug fixes, etc. a Release Candidate version will be made available
    • this is a more stable version and essentially code locked but still not supported nor recommended for production sites
  • Shortly after, the final production version will be released

I do know why the wait. I would like people who publish here to think about the competition and see why they wait.

Top Bottom