XenWord Pro [Deleted]

I'm not a fan of the tickets add-on but stating lots of bugs and 7 days is false.

Sites must meet requirements and installation steps must be followed. Enough stated publicly.

Lots of bugs and frustrating support, actually there isn't any support cause I dint see any respect to customer after 7 days that I've sent my requests

Do NOT use it if your forun is big, maybe its good for those people who they are at the start point.

Now im waiting for refund, if its like the support I have to wait for ages. lol
I really hope LPH gives you a refund. Customers like you should pay $2000 for all the hassle.

I really hope LPH gives you a refund

I'd love to give the refund but the ticket information gave the wrong email address for the transaction. It'll take time to go through the transactions and figure out which is his purchase.

FWIW, his ticket opened Sunday afternoon. I spoke with Gracie Monday morning. She was trying to help someone else. I replied to him between those messages on Monday afternoon. She then found the error in his URLs and provided the link to the information to fix things.

Really. This all shouldn't be public but that cat is out of the bag.

I'd like to thank those of you who emailed that I should respond here - again. I'm not so sure. People make mistakes. It's okay. I'll leave it with a little "fun" story.

Last week, a student was in my classroom after school and retaking a test. I have a policy that a student who doesn't do well can retake any test (different versions) as many times as they wish.

Anyway, as she was working, the principal walked in and said, "Can we talk?" He proceeded to say that a parent (father) was on the phone claiming that I didn't have my grade book up to date. I asked for more details. It turns out the parent claimed his child had retaken a test 2 months ago and I didn't have the grade in the book. I asked for the child -- and lo and behold -- yes -- you guessed it. It was the child in the room re-taking the exam.

Now, the story doesn't end there.

The next afternoon, the principal walks in and says the mother went to the district and complained. The district policy is to follow up immediately (which it should) and the principal explained that screenshots were now needed. I took the screenshots and gave them to the principal.

Was that the end of things? No.

The kid had the nerve to complain the next day that they wanted to retake the exam - again - because they didn't do well. Worse, it turns out that the two parents don't speak to each other and the kid plays them off of each other.

Even worse, it turns out that all of the noise was because both parents believe their child is an "A" student. Of course, she's failing almost every class and I'm the only teacher on campus who allows unlimited retakes. Guess it's easiest to take things out on me.

Moral of the story -- I don't have one -- but it puts things into a different perspective.

Let's hope peace outweighs the urge to be angry and always trying to be right.

I'm not a fan of the tickets add-on b
ut stating lots of bugs and 7 days is false.

Sites must meet requirements and installation steps must be followed. Enough stated publicly.

Ha Ha
You were absent for support more than 6 days but when I sent that post here, you
came out of nowhere! Its funny, you are the developer of this plugin and you have created the tickets section on your site and now you are not fan of tickets? So write a note and inform your clients that ticket hurts me and support is just a joke.

7 days is false.

np27bs.jpg

The ticket opened on Saturday, the first contact from you was on Tuesday. its obvious that who is false!

Sites must meet requirements and installation steps must be followed. Enough stated publicly
Site meets the requirements and I followed the instruction step by step

I really hope LPH gives you a refund. Customers like you should pay $2000 for all the hassle.
Im wondering why a user like you is talking about something that is not related to him/her

FWIW, his ticket opened Sunday afternoon. I spoke with Gracie Monday morning. She was trying to help someone else. I replied to him between those messages on Monday afternoon. She then found the error in his URLs and provided the link to the information to fix things.

First of all dont forget the differences between local time zone! she provided a link to cookies instruction which I have set them before her help, then she wanted the information of XeForo ACP which I provided, after that she or you didnt answer. you are saying my problem didnt related to plugin. ok, but you could send a sentence or even a phrase and specify that! It seems you are a teacher, so you have to know better than me that there is a lots of differences between when you mention something or leave a conversation without any answers!

You can play with words and tell a funny story, but you cant change the subject , it was better to update the ticket (even if you were right) not to leave it for days!

Last edited:
LPH updated XenWord Pro with a new update entry:

Widget Improvements

This release includes a new check for the server extension mbstring, a conditional for deleted posts not to be copied to WordPress, and improvements to several widgets.

( 128 ) 3.4.2.0 - April 10, 2017
Tested with WordPress 4.7.3
Added getModelCacheFrom method to XenWord class (testing in Members Online Widget)
Added mbstring check
Added conditional in Posts.php to stop deleted posts being copied to WordPress comments
Added new support dashboard widget
Added More View Link and Avatars...

Read the rest of this update entry...

@boeing747
Since this is a public and open discussion may I throw in my two cents?
If a support ticket is opened on Saturday and you do not get a reply until Monday/Tuesday you immediately ask for a refund?
I am not judging, just asking.

After some messing around I finally got it working. I got to give credit where credit is due. Good job with this.

The only problem I seem to be having is tags. Tags are enabled but they do not seem to be adding them to the xenforo post. Any ideas?

XenWord Options ‹ WordPress.webp

Reactions: LPH
Do you have a link to a sample with tags on WP and not on XF? The only issue I've seen is if content tagging isn't enabled in XenForo or the XF style doesn't show.

If your site is private then please feel free to open a ticket and Gracie can look. I'm around tonight and can look too.

The tags definitely save on initial creation of the thread, however, I just checked the code and the save() is missing from the xenword_edit_post() method. This means editing a WordPress post will not add any new tags to the XenForo thread.

Open /includes/Discussion/class-xenword-thread-creation.php

Go to Line 485 ( below $writer->save(); ) and add the lines below:

PHP:
if ( isset( $tagger ) ) {
   $tagger->setContent( $thread['thread_id'], true )->save();
}

This is solved in the next release.

The tags definitely save on initial creation of the thread, however, I just checked the code and the save() is missing from the xenword_edit_post() method. This means editing a WordPress post will not add any new tags to the XenForo thread.

PHP:
}

I will try that.. Thank you..

Lastly what does the xenforo replies ranked widget do? I get nothing when I activate it.

PHP:
}

just to let you know that worked. Thanks

Reactions: LPH
I will try that.. Thank you..

Lastly what does the xenforo replies ranked widget do? I get nothing when I activate it.

A customer asked for a widget which takes the comments and ranks them by likes. The widget should not show on any page except a WP Post and it'll rank the reactions by the number of likes.

Ranking.webp

one last question.. How do I change the featured image path in xenforo posts?

Right now it is using

ttp://www.blah.com/wp-content/.....

I want it to use

ttp:/cdn.blah.com/wp-content/.....

This is the code to pull the featured image:

PHP:
$featured_image = wp_get_attachment_image_src( get_post_thumbnail_id( $post->ID ), 'large' );

Here is the codex. I don't see an option to change the path.

This is the code to pull the featured image:

PHP:
$featured_image = wp_get_attachment_image_src( get_post_thumbnail_id( $post->ID ), 'large' );

Here is the codex. I don't see an option to change the path.

This code in wp functions seems to work

Code:
add_filter('wp_get_attachment_image_src', 'staticize_attachment_src', null, 4);
/*
* @param array|false  $image         Either array with src, width & height, icon src, or false.
* @param int          $attachment_id Image attachment ID.
* @param string|array $size          Registered image size to retrieve the source for or a flat
*                                    array of height and width dimensions. Default 'thumbnail'.
* @param bool         $icon          Whether the image should be treated as an icon. Default false.
*/
function staticize_attachment_src($image, $attachment_id, $size, $icon)
{
    if (is_array($image) && !empty($image[0])) {
        $image[0] = str_replace('http://www.', 'http://cdn.', $image[0]);
    }
    return $image;
}

Can I use this in other areas (widget, ad area, etc) other then admin bar? I dont use the admin bar and would like to use it.

Code:
add_action( 'admin_bar_menu', 'xenword_toolbar', 999 );

function xenword_toolbar( $wp_admin_bar ) {
    global $XF, $wp_admin_bar;

$xf_options = get_option( 'xf_options' );

$forum_path = $xf_options['xf_rel_path'];

$args = array(
        'id' => 'conversations',
        'title' => 'Conversations ' . $XF->visitor->get('conversations_unread'),
        'href' => $forum_path . '/conversations'

);

$args1 = array(
        'id' => 'alerts',
        'title' => 'Alerts ' . $XF->visitor->get('alerts_unread'),
        'href' => $forum_path . '/account/alerts'

);

$wp_admin_bar->add_node($args);

$wp_admin_bar->add_node($args1);
}

I'd rewrite most of that code to get the conversations and alerts. It's old code; I don't like using globals. If you'd like me to help you write the code, please open a ticket and I'll show you a better way.

@Blatchy -- the error is due to the loading order. If you aren't using xenforo.js then you'll want to open a ticket to get the version to shut it off.

There are no plans to make a poll widget. Feel free to open a thread in the suggestions forum. :D

Top Bottom