XenWord Pro [Deleted]

hi @LPH
i want to buy your addon, i have few questions

my xenforo is on the root folder, i don't have wordpress now, where should i install it?
if i install wordpress on /blog/ the bridge will work?

is there a problem with cache? on xenforo side ? on wordpress side?

thank you

Hi @Biarritz64

I just tested this configuration because it had been a long since trying it.

Add a folder below your root called blog. Add the WordPrses files there. Install WP and make sure it works independently. Also, make sure your first ID matches that of the user_id in your XenForo installation.

Go to XenForo and add secondary user groups
Next, upload XenWord via add plugins.
Activate
Go to absolute path and set properly
Set user mapping
Add login widget to sidebar
Enable XenWord
Logout
Setup your theme as you choose.

LPH updated XenWord Pro with a new update entry:

New Redux Framework

The most important change is the Redux Framework upgrade to 3.6.5 for better PHP 7 compatibility. An earlier change was made to update tags during a WordPress post update.

Changelog
( 130 ) 3.4.3.0 - May 14, 2017
Tested with WordPress 4.8 Beta
Upgraded Redux Framework to 3.6.5 (PHP 7 Compatibility)
Added return statement to login file

( 129 ) 3.4.2.1 - April 12, 2017
Added option to load xenforo.js. The option is off by default.
Bug Fix: class-xenword-thread-creation.php...

Read the rest of this update entry...

hi im interested in whether google drive embed will still work with the word press component of Xenforo https://wp-glogin.com/drive/ @LPH Thanks so much!

I'm not exactly sure what you are asking. The WP plugin you reference appears to embed Google documents into a WP Post. This would not be available in the XF side. You could use the option to only show an excerpt, which would avoid the document from being stripped.

Feel free to download the trial version and play with it so you can see what I mean by using the excerpt.

Well, is it allow to sign in xenforo using Wordpress data? I have wordpress blog with good number of users and now want to add a forum, xenforo is an option but I have yet find a suitable bridges .

Well, is it allow to sign in xenforo using Wordpress data? I have wordpress blog with good number of users and now want to add a forum, xenforo is an option but I have yet find a suitable bridges .

Sorry. This bridge uses XenForo as the master. This feature is planned but not until after XenWord 4, the XenForo 2 compatible release.

Hi, first of all LPH your plugin rocks ! Love the bridge. But recently I got an error on my website (www.china-devices.com)

Login works fine, but sometimes when I click something, it redirects me randomly from my wordpress blog to the forum (for instance if i click plugins, i end up in the forum..) Also whenever i try to post something I get "are you sure you want to do this ?" and http error on uploading images.. Its really weird.. Had this issue not before.. Everything works fine whenever i deactivate xenword.

Did reinstall it, cleaned the user database and tried again.. still broken.. Mapping also has not changed.. Im running out of ideas... btw. what do you mean by "www settings must be the same" maybe thats my issue ?

Thanks !

Techrax,

Glad you like the plugin. Your site looks great. I'm assuming this worked then something change and you are running into problems. Is this correct? What changed? Did you move to https, change a plugin, change themes, etc?

In a quick look, your settings appear to be correct, with the forum and WP having the same domain; however, I'd appreciate if you open a ticket, provide a login with admin rights so I may look at all the settings. I may also need access to the databases so I can look at the meta data.

Is it possible to disable the WP comment processing function? We have XenWord installed and it works great, but we're still getting comment spam through WP (As in we get it and it goes straight to moderated in WP). I think they're bypassing the comment form and posting directly to the WP processing script. Can we fix this? If I use one of the WP Disable Comments plugins, it kills the form altogether and the xenword doesn't work either.

Yes, and when you do this, the comment form completely disappears from Wordpress, which isn't what I want. I still want users to be able to post comments to XF FROM WP. The problem is that somehow spammers are posting directly to the backend WP processing script, bypassing Xenword completely.

The comment system uses an older method for gathering comments and the meta data. A leading WordPress developer looked at the code and suggested I update the code to use the newer API. This will require a rewrite of the comment system because I also noticed some kluge-code in a file and a customer with a large site ran into issues with more than 2000 comments per post.

I'd appreciate if you could hold until the fixes; however, please understand that I have a very important test on June 24. All of my extra time is being spent preparing for this exam. Doubling between XF2 and XF1 has already slowed XF1 updates and the next three weeks will be focused on the exam.

I also have intense training scheduled July 10-22. I'm super tired, so I'm hoping to look at code for a bit on Saturday. No promises. Sometimes code flows. Sometimes code hides. Sometimes sleep prevails.

Top Bottom