XenSSO - XenForo Single Sign On [Paid] [Deleted]

Status
Not open for further replies.
Is the following possible to do with this addon? Signup for an account on the master site (code codeignitor webapp / non xenforo), and then that user is assigned a certain usergroup when visiting the slave (xenforo forum)? eg User is assigned to the "webapp support" group, who can then access that particular private forum via usergroup permissions being set in Xenforo without having to create an additional account on Xenforo.

If this is not in the functionality is this something you could be hired to integrate or help us map out at a minimum?

Thanks in advance.

Is the following possible to do with this addon? Signup for an account on the master site (code codeignitor webapp / non xenforo), and then that user is assigned a certain usergroup when visiting the slave (xenforo forum)? eg User is assigned to the "webapp support" group, who can then access that particular private forum via usergroup permissions being set in Xenforo without having to create an additional account on Xenforo.

Thanks in advance.

No, they would still need to log into the other site and you would need to upgrade them to the usergroup to view the private forums. This is stated as a plan change in v2, but current version is login only, nothing else sync's across sites, avatars and usergroup promotions have to be done manually currently.

Does this addon allow for private messages and alerts to be working as one? As an example.

www.domainONE.com - A user names "555" messages me through private message.

If I am on www.domainTWO.com is it possible to get a message in my inbox saying "555" has messaged you? This way multiple forums act as "nodes" to a main forum if you know what I am getting at.

So all information, alerts, messages, etc are all read off a single database shared by multiple domains. The users post count is the "networks" post count, etc.

Thanks.

Ah thanks GeekHost. As soon as these features come out I am going to purchase a few licenses of this mod. Can't wait to see this baby in action. Developer seems like a really nice guy too.

Does this addon allow for private messages and alerts to be working as one? As an example.

If I am on www.domainTWO.com is it possible to get a message in my inbox saying "555" has messaged you? This way multiple forums act as "nodes" to a main forum if you know what I am getting at.
I think that is an extremely complicated issue to be tackled by any mod, this one included.

It would be easier that you deconstruct or redirect specific template links on the other slave sites, changing them all to the master site, so when clicked, you only have the one profile, one messages, etc, being the master site.

So all information, alerts, messages, etc are all read off a single database shared by multiple domains. The users post count is the "networks" post count, etc.

Thanks.

This idea has been offered before and like Anthony said it's a bit difficult to reliably implement this. Your sites would need to have a lot of communication going on between them just to keep this type of information at the ready for your users, I'm not sure if that's desirable.

I'll have a think about it though, if enough users really want this functionality it might be worth implementing.

Hello. I am trying to get this working between two of my sites.

Master - http://onwt.net
Slave - http://hungercraft.net

The Master started out as "virgin", having no accounts. We did the initial sync of the slave accounts to the Master. Slave accounts can log into the Master, but accounts made on the Master fail to log in to the slave with the reason "Association failed: HTTP request failed". The logs give the same reason without any more information. Any help would be appreciated.

Error log: http://pastie.org/private/bwqwm6pbobnx42h5jukfsq

Hello. I am trying to get this working between two of my sites.

Master - http://onwt.net
Slave - http://hungercraft.net

The Master started out as "virgin", having no accounts. We did the initial sync of the slave accounts to the Master. Slave accounts can log into the Master, but accounts made on the Master fail to log in to the slave with the reason "Association failed: HTTP request failed". The logs give the same reason without any more information. Any help would be appreciated.

Error log: http://pastie.org/private/bwqwm6pbobnx42h5jukfsq

Please post your issue on the official support site (http://naatan.com/support) in the bugs section of the XenSSO addon. Apologies for the inconvenience but due to my addons being pirated I have to enforce this policy.

This idea has been offered before and like Anthony said it's a bit difficult to reliably implement this. Your sites would need to have a lot of communication going on between them just to keep this type of information at the ready for your users, I'm not sure if that's desirable.

I'll have a think about it though, if enough users really want this functionality it might be worth implementing.

I have faith in you dude :D

Would be awesome. Ifv PMs are being considered, perhaps also alerts? Or maybe even sharing of specific forums/threads across all boards involved? If you set up the synch to take place once every n minutes, you could also limit the traffic generated. I'd happily buy the add-on again if this would be implemented.

Would be awesome. Ifv PMs are being considered, perhaps also alerts? Or maybe even sharing of specific forums/threads across all boards involved? If you set up the synch to take place once every n minutes, you could also limit the traffic generated. I'd happily buy the add-on again if this would be implemented.

Sorry I missed your response.

About conversations / alerts, this would be interesting but I'm personally not a fan of remotely polling servers every x minutes, which is not to say there aren't other methods of achieving the same goal. Point is that from a scaling perspective polling a server at a set interval to process an unpredictable amount of data is just asking for trouble.

I do aim to implement features like this but they'll need some careful thought put into them.

As for forums/threads, that is not something I'll be getting into as it doesn't seem relevant to the purpose of this addon. I also feel you have to draw the line somewhere, if syncing forums/threads is feasible perhaps you should instead look into an addon that will let you style you forum differently depending on what category you are viewing, rather than bridging multiple standalone forums.

Sorry I missed your response.

About conversations / alerts, this would be interesting but I'm personally not a fan of remotely polling servers every x minutes, which is not to say there aren't other methods of achieving the same goal. Point is that from a scaling perspective polling a server at a set interval to process an unpredictable amount of data is just asking for trouble.

I do aim to implement features like this but they'll need some careful thought put into them.

As for forums/threads, that is not something I'll be getting into as it doesn't seem relevant to the purpose of this addon. I also feel you have to draw the line somewhere, if syncing forums/threads is feasible perhaps you should instead look into an addon that will let you style you forum differently depending on what category you are viewing, rather than bridging multiple standalone forums.

Having said that, would it be possible to create a "main" forum on www.domain1.com. Set up categories (cars, dogs, music) and then have a domain name control each category?

Domain1.com will be a forum that links to all others
Domain2.com will be the category of cars
Domain3.com will be the category of dogs
Domain4.com will be the category of music

Each category has a style forced on it (possible to do now), but will mask the domain for all threads/forums. This will be easier to work with, as it will work off the same database.

Having said that, would it be possible to create a "main" forum on www.domain1.com. Set up categories (cars, dogs, music) and then have a domain name control each category?

Each category has a style forced on it (possible to do now), but will mask the domain for all threads/forums. This will be easier to work with, as it will work off the same database.

Yes it would be possible to do that. Again though, it has nothing to do with XenSSO. I'm up for discussing the possibilities of such an addon but if you would like to do that I'd prefer someone create a dedicated thread for the subject so as not to go off-topic on this one :)

Thanks for your reply, Nathan. Our intention is to combine several related but independantly run forum login methods together. The forums are owned by different entities, but we'd not mind sharing the user credentials and perhaps a handful of forums with their threads in them.

It's fine by me if that's beyond the scope of the SSO product. Just figured I'd toss in the idea. If it had been an option, we'd have been helped with a single product, instead of having to rely on several :)

All of this can be done already, you only need xensso installed between installations to ensure automatic login when viewing each different category (install).

You can also better how this is done through the use of another add-on, nodes as tabs, which allows you to create exact structures as you outlined, as part of the navigation... and every category you create you can already force a style upon in the node setup.

Again, in this setup, xensso would run in the background, automatically logging people into the slave sites.

All of this can be done already, you only need xensso installed between installations to ensure automatic login when viewing each different category (install).

You can also better how this is done through the use of another add-on, nodes as tabs, which allows you to create exact structures as you outlined, as part of the navigation... and every category you create you can already force a style upon in the node setup.

Again, in this setup, xensso would run in the background, automatically logging people into the slave sites.

I have a similar situation. I want email/passwords are unique in the system.
Should I disable Register/Change Password on Slaves? So password was stored on Master and they must change password on Master if they want to change their password?

I think that is the end solution Dinh... if profiles are all working on the master only, deleted on the slaves, then really email and password simply needs to be automatically synced from the master.

I do believe this is one area that xensso can still delve into, being options for master control for such situations. The person obviously does the work on the slaves to disable profiles and such, redirecting them to the master.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom