XenSSO - XenForo Single Sign On [Paid] [Deleted]

Status
Not open for further replies.
Just purchased, enjoy that steak.. hehe. I can't find where to download it though. Your site ha me register, but nothing changed after payment was made on it.

Check the support section, if you follow the redirect after purchasing it will bring you back here. Unfortunately paypal does not make it very clear. Will be something I'll improve in the future.

Got it, after registering it doesn't auto log you in. So when I came back after using paypal, I was still a guest on the site. I ha to click purchase again to get the register pop-up to see I was still a guest and was the only way I could find any sort of link to log-in.

Got it, after registering it doesn't auto log you in. So when I came back after using paypal, I was still a guest on the site. I ha to click purchase again to get the register pop-up to see I was still a guest and was the only way I could find any sort of link to log-in.

Could you let me know what browser and OS you are using? It should log you in automatically upon purchasing.

Hello Naatan!
I wanted to know when you are planning to release an update wich supports custom profile fields sync?

Thank you!

When do you expect to release version 2. I'm keen on using this after purchasing but for me copying member details to each forum isn't practical as it effectively means the forum count for all my forums will always be wrong and I can't email members (as I would be emailing thousands of members who hadn't even signed up for the forum).

Have you thought about using a central user database instead so that forum counts are correct and user details are only copied if the user actually logs into the other site?

When do you expect to release version 2. I'm keen on using this after purchasing but for me copying member details to each forum isn't practical as it effectively means the forum count for all my forums will always be wrong and I can't email members (as I would be emailing thousands of members who hadn't even signed up for the forum).

Have you thought about using a central user database instead so that forum counts are correct and user details are only copied if the user actually logs into the other site?

I thought that's how it works anyway.

How does it work if the user requests to change his username?

Just like normal, it is changed within that XF site (and will not be distributed to the other sites in your network).

AFAIK this isn't a "global" user management system with a central shared database - well, at least not yet anyway - it simply looks to see if someone has used that username/email combo on any of your other sites and re-uses it on the "new" (to them) site when they login to setup the user account - injecting the basic user account details. Thereafter you manage them individually on that site. (y)

I hope I've explained that properly - someone please correct me if I'm wrong.

Cheers,
Shaun :D

Yes it should (I responded to your post on the support site, sorry seems the notifications aren't working after moving hosts).
thanks, so far so good
I love it when devs actually listen to their users, even if they may have strange server configs :p

No ETA sorry, I work on it when I have time. Version 2 will have a lot more flexibility for you to control how users are synced.

How does it work if the user requests to change his username?

It syncs based on their e-mail address, so it wouldn't really have any effect. Their sessions will reset but that's hardly noticeable from the users perspective. Note that if their username doesn't match from one site to another they'd need to login by email to be able to utilize the features of the addon.

Just like normal, it is changed within that XF site (and will not be distributed to the other sites in your network).

AFAIK this isn't a "global" user management system with a central shared database - well, at least not yet anyway - it simply looks to see if someone has used that username/email combo on any of your other sites and re-uses it on the "new" (to them) site when they login to setup the user account - injecting the basic user account details. Thereafter you manage them individually on that site. (y)

I hope I've explained that properly - someone please correct me if I'm wrong.

Cheers,
Shaun :D

Correct. Worth noting I never have and never will advertise this as a "global" user management system. It's a single sign on solution - it helps your users authenticate on your network of sites.

thanks, so far so good
I love it when devs actually listen to their users, even if they may have strange server configs :p

Lol, nothing "strange" going on in my server config :p I just need to settle in.

It syncs based on their e-mail address, so it wouldn't really have any effect. Their sessions will reset but that's hardly noticeable from the users perspective. Note that if their username doesn't match from one site to another they'd need to login by email to be able to utilize the features of the addon.
So if a user did want to change the name, its just a case of changing it on each of the sites that are linked then.

What if a user changes their email. is that synced across all the sites.

So if a user did want to change the name, its just a case of changing it on each of the sites that are linked then.

What if a user changes their email. is that synced across all the sites.

The addon simply allows users to login with their credentials across your network. It does not sync changes a user makes to his profile. This is planned for 2.0.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom