XenSSO - XenForo Single Sign On [Paid] [Deleted]

Status
Not open for further replies.
It doesn't matter which site they register, they automatically get registered at the master, just not other slaves.

If you register on slave 1, you get registered at master, but not at slave 2, 3, 4, etc... until you login at those sites for the first time.

Okay, thanks - so when you login the master will be polled and your login details will be added to the "virgin" slave (that sounds so very wrong, but you get what I mean, right?) :LOL:

It doesn't matter which site they register, they automatically get registered at the master, just not other slaves.

If you register on slave 1, you get registered at master, but not at slave 2, 3, 4, etc... until you login at those sites for the first time.

Just to clarify, once they are registered once they can login on all your other sites (provided you installed and configured the addon on them). It will automatically create their account on other slaves on demand, meaning that when they attempt to login on a slave that they do not have an account on yet the slave will automatically retrieve it from the master.

How does this work when merging two sites that already have user accounts?

For example, I have people who are registered at CycleChat and GeeksChat - some with the same username, some with different ones - how would installing this add-on affect their user accounts? Is there a manual process for linking accounts or would the master overwrite the slave?

I plan to build more forums this year and next year so I'm keen to give this a try as a single 'Clickfinity' user account (so-to-speak) would be useful, but I don't want to trash existing accounts in the process.

There are only clashes between established accounts in relation to usernames, ie. if John is registered on master to one email address, and John is registered on a slave to another email address, both being different users, then that will create a clash.

If you have a different username on each site, yet all belong to the same user and are unique on that site, then all the member need do is ensure each email address is the same... regardless of difference in username per site.

Basically, someone will need to change a username if a clash exists between a slave and the master, however; Nathan is working on that for a later release where users will be given a one time chance to change their username themselves so that it is unique with no clashes for SSO.

Syncing will tell you what names are clashing with the master on a slave by slave basis as synced with the master, so you already know who needs to add a number or such to their username to make it unique.

Nathan has covered most of these points at http://naatan.com/support/threads/frequently-asked-questions.39/

it have problem with special character Like "Bệu Bệu" in my language

Mysqli statement execute error : Incorrect string value: '\xE1\xBB\x87u B...' for column 'openid_sites' at row 1

Zend_Db_Statement_Mysqli->_execute() in Zend/Db/Statement.php at line 317
Zend_Db_Statement->execute() in Zend/Db/Adapter/Abstract.php at line 479
Zend_Db_Adapter_Abstract->query() in Zend/Db/Adapter/Abstract.php at line 632
Zend_Db_Adapter_Abstract->update() in XenForo/DataWriter.php at line 1607
XenForo_DataWriter->_update() in XenForo/DataWriter.php at line 1576
XenForo_DataWriter->_save() in XenForo/DataWriter.php at line 1381
XenForo_DataWriter->save() in XenSSO/Master/OpenID/Storage.php at line 175
XenSSO_Master_OpenID_Storage->addSite() in XenSSO/Master/OpenID/Provider.php at line 221
XenSSO_Master_OpenID_Provider->allowSite() in XenSSO/Master/Controller/Provider.php at line 107
XenSSO_Master_Controller_Provider->actionTrust() in XenForo/FrontController.php at line 310
XenForo_FrontController->dispatch() in XenForo/FrontController.php at line 132

it have problem with special character Like "Bệu Bệu" in my language

Mysqli statement execute error : Incorrect string value: '\xE1\xBB\x87u B...' for column 'openid_sites' at row 1

XenSSO_Master_OpenID_Storage->addSite() in XenSSO/Master/OpenID/Provider.php at line 221
XenSSO_Master_OpenID_Provider->allowSite() in XenSSO/Master/Controller/Provider.php at line 107
XenSSO_Master_Controller_Provider->actionTrust() in XenForo/FrontController.php at line 310

Thanks anhbeu, looks like an encoding issue with the database structure. I will release an update tomorrow to address this.

Can the next version allow the ability to copy over some XF default profile fields such as gender, DOB, signature, avatar, etc if the members are signed up on master and sign in to slaves for the first time?
This would be much more streamlined.

Can the next version allow the ability to copy over some XF default profile fields such as gender, DOB, signature, avatar, etc if the members are signed up on master and sign in to slaves for the first time?
This would be much more streamlined.

Yes this is in the long term plan, specifics are being discussed in the members-only forum on my site.

Hi
i update to version 1.0.4 with

• Fixed validation issues with Facebook Connect accounts
  • Fixed encoding issues for non-latin usernames
  • Disabled url validation for "Master Url" option as it was causing a lot of problems

But still error
test with: A Tũn Tun "or" Bệu Bệu1

Mysqli statement execute error : Incorrect string value: '\xC5\xA9n Tu...' for column 'openid_sites' at row 1

Server error log
array(3) {

["username"] => string(24) "B%E1%BB%87u+B%E1%BB%87u1"

["errorType"] => string(26) "requested_user_x_not_found"

["openid_assoc_handle"] => string(13) "4fa10357631c2"

["openid_return_to"] => string(140) "http:///sso-slave/callback?redirect=/&username=Bệu Bệu1&errorType=requested_user_x_not_found"

["openid_claimed_id"] => string(60) "http:///index.php?sso/Bệu Bệu1"

["openid_identity"] => string(60) "http:///index.php?sso/Bệu Bệu1"

["openid_response_nonce"] => string(33) "2012-05-02T10:30:55Z4fa10cdfa283c"

["openid_mode"] => string(6) "id_res"

["openid_sreg_email"] => string(23) "undefined@undefined.tld"

["openid_sreg_dob"] => string(5) "false"

}

Did you run the addon upgrade in the admin panel after uploading the new files?
When i uninstall addon. Then reupload new file and import addon again
i have new error display in slave.
Fatal error: func_get_args(): Can't be used as a function parameter in MASTER/library/XenForo/Error.php on line 193

When i uninstall addon. Then reupload new file and import addon again
i have new error display in slave.
Fatal error: func_get_args(): Can't be used as a function parameter in MASTER/library/XenForo/Error.php on line 193

That's an error caused by XF, not my addon, however it may be as a result of an error or a debug message by my addon.

The fact is though that this error only happens in very old versions of PHP, can you verify what PHP version you are running? I highly recommend using a host that supports PHP 5.2 or higher, not just for my addon but also for XenForo in general.

Also, to upgrade an addon there is a simple "upgrade" option in the admin panel, you do not need to uninstall and reinstall it. In fact it's better if you didn't uninstall and reinstall in order to upgrade as you would purge your config each time you do that.

May I ask you report any further problems on the Support Site rather than in this thread? Thank you.

I have two xenforo sites so this might come in handy.

What if a member has one account on one site and another account on the other site. How would they be able to use this?

What if a member only has one account on one site, how would they be able to use this?

I have two xenforo sites so this might come in handy.

What if a member has one account on one site and another account on the other site. How would they be able to use this?

What if a member only has one account on one site, how would they be able to use this?

These questions are both answered in the FAQ: http://naatan.com/support/threads/frequently-asked-questions.39/

In short, if a member already has an account on both sites it will automatically sync them provided that they use the same e-mail address. If they only have an account on one site this addon will automatically create their account on the other site if they visit or or try to login there with the login details they used on another site on your network.

I registered at http://www.xensso.com/ but I have yet to receive e-mail conformation an going to slave site, when I log in, I get a username could not be found error.

Your account won't sync to the slave unless you have confirmed it on the master. As for not receiving a confirmation, make sure you check your spam folder.

Xensso.com is maintained by Anthony, so I can't do much in terms of validating whether email is being send.

Also note that xensso.com is not running the latest version of xensso, I'll contact Anthony and try to get that sorted.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom